My mini lop is 30 day gestation need some advise

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lottiej

Reaction score
Hi hoping this is the right chat . I’m a new member .
my rabbit is 30 day gestation ( I mated her on the 2nd of may ) and we have confirmed the pregnancy. she is a mini lop ,
This is her first litter, was wondering what time of day is she most likely to go into labor ? Or is it just a chance thing . I check on her pretty frequently , but i want to be awake if anything happens and just make sure she’s fine .
she was mated at night , but wasn’t sure if that made a difference. I’ve read lots of different things. Hoping someone can help ? She has had not much at all to eat for the past 48 hours and I know that’s a sign she will go into labor soon . How long do you think until she will kindle ? Hoping someone can help who’s done This before . Thanks for anyone’s help .

Hi hoping this is the right chat . I’m a new member .
my rabbit is 30 day gestation ( I mated her on the 2nd of may ) and we have confirmed the pregnancy. she is a mini lop ,
This is her first litter, was wondering what time of day is she most likely to go into labor ? Or is it just a chance thing . I check on her pretty frequently , but i want to be awake if anything happens and just make sure she’s fine .
she was mated at night , but wasn’t sure if that made a difference. I’ve read lots of different things. Hoping someone can help ? She has had not much at all to eat for the past 48 hours and I know that’s a sign she will go into labor soon . How long do you think until she will kindle ? Hoping someone can help who’s done This before . Thanks for anyone’s help .
Is she nesting? I've heard they usually give birth in the night/morning , like my last bunny gave birth at 11pm at night . After nesting and pulling fur I've found it can be 1 day to a week . Just make sure she keeps eating , drinking and pooping to prevent gi stasis . I've never had a bunny stop eating before going into labor personally.

Yes she’s been nesting for a few days. Her nest is all set up I’ve put her box in and she’s finished it off . She’s munching on hay had a few pellets just not eating at all like she was . But I know it’s normal before going into labor for them to not each as much .

Most of mine kindled in the evening, but I had some all over the day and night as well, it's a waiting game. Nothing much to do but to prepare the nestbox, give nesting material and privacy.

Mine start pluck fur not too long before kindling, but there are individual differences.

Yes she’s been nesting for a few days. Her nest is all set up I’ve put her box in and she’s finished it off . She’s munching on hay had a few pellets just not eating at all like she was . But I know it’s normal before going into labor for them to not each as much .
Okay so she could have them pretty soon! One of mine didn't have them till 2 weeks after nesting

My does every time kindle early morning or very early morning only once my mini lop kindled mid day

Mine usually kindle between 9am and noon. I am very lucky! And they do it right after they pull the fur. I'm also waiting for two of them to kindle, they mated on may 2nd also

Hi, my mini lop is 32 days gestation and her pregnancy has been confirmed . she hasn’t kindled yet . And I’m getting worried. She has been nesting for at least 4 days . She appears to be honking qwite a bit too as well as cleaning herself a lot more then usual . Is there anything I can do to help her go into labor ? Is it bad that she hasn’t given birth yet ? Or is it still okay ? Please let me know what I can do ? Thanks for anyone’s help .

The gestation period for rabbits is anywhere from 28-35 days, with 30-31 being the average. A day or two over the average gestation period, isn't unusual, but the longer over 31 days it goes, there is a greater possibility of complications occurring. If you have any concerns about there being pregnancy problems, it's always best to consult with a knowledgeable rabbit vet.

https://rabbit.org/vet-listings/

Latest posts

Back