My Magical Bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flash Gordon

Reaction score
Im Lisa ,I joined RO a couple of months ago thinking that id only come back on occasion to visit,,,but i find myself on here everyday enjoying myself...Some of you might have already seen me voicing my somewhat abrasive opinion on a thread or two..so i thought maybe it was time to introduce myself and all thats important to me...

ive always had animals,,i couldnt imagine my life without them..they are my world.i hate to admit it but i can walk away from a person in my life but never one of my animals..
I grew up with the norm family pets hamsters,cats,dogs a bird or two.but i never met a bunny until a couple of years ago when i was goin thru a very difficult time in my life.ive never been the type to be depressed but i found myself there,.,,,its a lonely,sad, dark place to be ,all i wanted to do was sleep and avoid life...i tried everything to fight it but it got the best of me.....well i was looking for a crate for my dog one day and stumbled accross an ad on craigslist for a crate...but two bunnies came with it....FREE....i knew NOTHING ABOUT BUNNIES..all i knew was that they didnt care about these bunnies anymore and they were prob gonna be snake food for somebody...ive seen lots of ads for poor unwanted animals but this one got my attention when i opened up the attched pic that came with the ad....there sat Redrum and Bambam....i KNEW in that INSTANCE that they belonged in this family...the pics were horrible they stated REdrum to be a brown bunny and she looked it in the pic and Bambam was a blob of black in the pic..i didnt care i went and got them so fast ,,,brought them home and my boyfriend and i just sat and looked at the most amazing little critters wed ever seen,,,,they were beautiful.....before u knew it...i started to WANT to get out of bed in the morning.the sun seem to shine a little brighter ..Redrum would rattle her cage and cuss at me !!Get ur butt up and let me outta this damm cage !! !!( yes she cussed:)......she lit up my world!!!!..if u want to know where the sun rose from EVERYDAY it was right here in her room... altho Bambam is so loved REdrum was my luv...she brought me out of a depression that i couldnt find my way out of .......she came into my life when i needed her the most...............then she left.
We took Redrum to the best Rabbit savvy vet in Arizona for her spay surgery....i lost her on the operating table.....devastated doesnt even touch the emotion that i felt and still do....she had a birth defect ,a hole in her diaphragm ,so when she was on her back getting operated on her tummy and contents went thru the hole and crushed her heart ...they tried to revive her...but she was gone........u have no idea how strong u are ,,,until THE ONE thing that brought u out of depression was gone.....she came to me for a reason..im healthy again and ive rescued 21 bunnies because of her........she succeeded in her journey,,dont u think?......u know what thats called?........Magical.

Let me introduce u to my Redrum:
bunzz010smaller.jpg

bunzz009.jpg

nesting108.jpg

This was the night before she died ..she built the biggest nest..
july2004-1.jpg

ill stop here for now...

next is Bambam who came with Redrum but they werent bonded ..shes a Mini lop and weighs about 3.5 ibs but its all attitude..shes the only one who can bulldoze their xpen play area so hard that she knocks all the hardware clips off and wallah she is hoppin around the house causing mayhem along the way by "visiting" all the buns in their cages..they dont invite her in for tea and cookies either....shes such a booger she hates to be picked up but when u do and u turn her over and cradle her shes the cutest stinkin thing on the planet...
my Bambam
bamsherm015.jpg

bunzz015b.jpg

after i lost Redrum the house was too quiet even with Bambam there she is such a to herself kinda bun and i really needed another bun that demanded my attention.not to replace Redrum but to distract me from how sad i was..soo guess what i went and did...got me another Orange bunny..:)
I had a heck of a time finding a breeder who had Thriantas the closest at the time was BarbiBrowns Bunnies in California but geez that is a hella road trip..but she recomended me to a small breeder here..Flashie was the only Thrianta left .and when we got there the breeder showed me around her rabbitry and pulled out a Precious Holland Lop that she said was retarded.....:( ..she put her on the ground and this little fluffball wobbled and limped and had a hard time just goin a couple of feet..i asked what she was gonna do with her ..the breeder said ..i dont care she cant stay in my barn anymore shes taking up space and i cant breed a retard...then she looked at me and mustve seen the sadness .she said u can have her if u want i wont charge u anything...well heck yea ..i didnt want her to stay with this lady ..but i had no idea what i was getting into with her slowness and we found out the limp was a splayed front leg...
so Back To Flashie hes my main man i luv this little dude he follows me around and helps me by gettin in my way and under my feet or if i dont pay enough attention i might evern get a pinch from him... ..
hes got the best personality ,hes pushy and demanding and his binkys are explosive and dangerous ,,ive been windmill kicked in the face by his back hoppers a couple of times...and dont try and sleep wiht him around ..oh no he wont have none of that, flashie will full speed launch onto the bed and wrap himself around ur face nails latched on like alien......not a fun way to wake up..:)
but he has his charming moments too..he absolutely trust me and only me..he loves it when iwe are on the bed i block him into my arms and use him as a pillow....and he comes when i call his name ..which tickles me to the bone when he comes hopping in the room .i never thought a rabbit could be so enchanting ..and whimsical...ull hear alot more about Flashie cuz he loves to be involved in our lives..he wont let u walk by his cage without him doin a little happy jig and then jams his face so hard thru the bars it looks painfull...
heres my flashie
flashdi2.jpg

flashangelnow.jpg

shermflash001.jpg

Now its Angels turn she went to a very experienced exotic vet and he said that her air supply was cut off at birth...thats why she topples over when she sits and cleans herself..ishe loses her balance..they tested her for everything that they could have and he just said shes happy as can be just the way she is shes just gonna be a little silly..ive had her for a year and a half and she still loses her balance when she sits and washes herself..BUT the kewlest thing is she has learned how to get around that..when she goes to fall over she tries and catches herself and looks irritated then she runs over to the side of the cage or in her litter box and props herself up against something so she doesnt fall..its really amazing to see them adapt and deal with their disabilities..she also has a front splay leg that worries me cuz i see the way her body looks crooked from her weight not being porportioned over her legs properly..but man can she haul butt!..nothing slows her down..shes the most active and demanding to have her out time then any of my other buns..she doesnt even realize that she has these problems...she will run in their huge xpen excercise area and get close to the edge of the fence and around and around and around..shell do like 10 laps in a circle inside the xpen..no fancy footwork just a circle ..then shell go to the center of the pen and jump up and slam down on her side and sleep...hard...u can try and wake her but shes out...i mean u have to shake her to wake up.which scared the bejesus out out of me at first....and then she will wake up slowly like a drunk..huh..where am i...who are u..then it hits her that im right in front of her face and shes up and GONE....shes the strangest little bunny...but i love her the way she is..flaws and all...im just worried about how she will age with her problems..
this is my Angel.
angelandfirecracker2013b-1.jpg

angeldi7-1.jpg

ponytails bobbin
angeldi1.jpg

thats all for now i have plenty more buns to introduce still tho:)...have a good night !

:party: Lisa has a blog, YAY Lisa has a blog ! :toast: I've been waiting to read your blog and now my dream comes true. :) Well Lisa, redrum,Bambam, Flashie and Angel, they all have their cute personalities. I giggled when I read it, and there she is.. Redrum.. a beautiful angel who brought Lisa back to life :) Kimiko and I are thankful for Redrum. Her magical has brought many wonderful things later ; 21 bunnies are saved. A Mini lop family in Warsaw has received warm welcome, kindness and lots of helps during this month. She will always be remembered and be missed by us.
So glad you start a blog and I'm the first one here WOO HOO !!!! :hugsquish:

Vircia ur so funny!!..thank you for being my very first guest on my blog...i told u Redrum was Magical didnt i?..she will never be forgotten ...i still cant believe that a silly bunny can do all that she had done...hm.makes u really think whats important in life and whats not doesnt it...hugs my closest friend on RO.

Tristana thank you so much for being my 2nd visitor.hehe.
the way i write is exactly the way i talk..alot of people change their words around when typing but not me thats why there are so many comas and silly gaps.

Mika my official 3rd visitor:)..thank you so much..now if we can just get these breeders to come up with an orange lop..now that would be kewl!..hehe

Wow Lisa.

As I was reading about Redrum I was in tears :cry2 I know what depression is all about, my Dad has dealt with it for years and I had a touch of it after giving birth to my second son, it's rough. I'm so glad Redrum and her magic made her way into your life :hugsquish:

I loved reading about your bunnies and can't wait to see and hear about the rest. You can see how much you love them and how much they mean to you by the way you talk about them, so special and beautiful.

:heartbeat:

love your bunnys :) its always a big fear of mine whenever a bun goes to the vet for their spay/nueter. im sorry you lost your baby

Thank u Brandy..so uve tasted the dredded depression ?that stinks....its such a difficult thing to get thru ..especially for the people around u..they just dont get the jest of why u cant seem to get outta bed .im sorry u had to deal with it ..i wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy,,,whats crazy is ,ive always been confident and almost cocky in life .,i mean i like me ..so it can hit anybody at anytime...it happened when the economy hit and my business went downhill fast ..i was so proud of what i had built from nothing and i saw it quickly slipping from my hands....but thats all past thanks to a little help from my Redrum..:)

Thanks Brenda..yep its so freakin hard for me to drop another bun off to get fixed..the vets where i go all know what happened to Redrum so they understand and the kewl thing is the receptionist will call me the MOMENT my bun is out of surgery....its still scary..that was my first bunny and first spay..i still cant go back to the clinic that did redrums spay...cant do it...nope.

ok next installment of Magical Bunnies!

Next is Petunia ..some friends of ours said they saw domestic buns at a park by our house ..which got me really irritated cuz i live in Arizona and it was like 150 degrees out..ok maYbe not that hot but 110 degrees does feel like it...so silly me went to the park to see for myself..and there were a poopload of domestic buns there just trying to find food..they were eating the leaves off of the grapefruit trees and digging in the ground for roots to eat...not on my time is an animal gonna starve like this...also when people came to the park with their dogs they let them chase the rabbits...i found remains of rabbits all over the park.....sooo got us a net and did the Elmer Fudd thing...hehe..and caught my precious girl Tunia..she is the most vocal of my buns..she grunt when u drop hay on her in her poop box..i mean grunts LOUD ...and when u play with her and tap ur hands on the floor around her she will grunt ,grunt ,grunt.and shoot straight up in the air and land in the same spot...over and over again..like a pogo..its freakin hilarious!!..sometimes she actually jumps up and ends up coming straight for me...weve collided a few times..hehe..also if shes on the bed you best move real quick when she starts to push the covers around...cuz she turns into phsycho bunny and shell end up grabbing the remote and launching it across the bed and if ur in her way u will end up getting grabbed too...but out of all my buns she is the easiest to pick up and hold..she just relaxes like a cat ..no tensing up ..nothing..she is pure bunny bliss...

this is the first bun that we caught in this park..most of my rescues have been from there...and this is the bun that we almost went to jail for..yea crazy..this park is a Historical Museum also with peacocks and feral cats ..so its private property and the security heard from someone at the park that we just caught a bun well Barney Fife comes strolling up to us trying to look important and told us no animals can be removed from this park...so we went into the whole domestic buns cant live out here with no shelter ,no food,they wont survive..well he gets an attitude and asks us for our ID"s well i start laughing cuz this is silly right.?..next thing u know ..police cars show up and they have their spotlights on us ....gulp...wasnt so funny anymore...the cop gets out and asks us did u catch a rabbit at this park?........silence....i look over at my boyfriend and he says....Nope no sir how can we catch a rabbit thats silly............i exhaled...i did not wanna release Petunia after we had finally caught her...she was snug as a bug in a carrier in our car ..i was thinkin please dont let them wanna search the car....hehe..sooo..when we catch buns at this park..were doing it illegaly...yep.
so i have to carry around a net hidden in my bag or jacket (when its 110 try and explain that)..the security patrols this park all day in 4 dif trucks ...they are constantly watching..i also had to start wearing a hat to the park too..hehe..so Barney Fife doesnt recognize me..the puttz.....what we go thru to save a bun...but they are worth it to me...ive tried to catch quite a few of them for weeks going everyday and have found their bodies laying behind a tree or building and its ....gut wrenching ..its like i start to bond with them while im trying to pursuade them to get close to the net...they dont realize were there to save them...Petunias brother wasnt as lucky as she was.

heres my Petunia..
ppp6.jpg

ppp16.jpg

Awwww Petunia with big brown eyes :inlove: How lovely ! I agree with you, Lisa. It's silly. I'm really glad that those bunnies and Petunia have met you. You're the light of their lives. My hubby said you're amazing ! Bunny rescuer :clapping: Don't worry. Next time when you rescue some buns and get caught by police. I'll send my SWAT Kimiko to rescue you. She's good at " prison break ". Just like the way she moved away from the vet's hands last night. It was like watching Neo in Matrix ! She, somehow, squeezed herself out of his hand, really ! No joke ! :D
Take care.:kiss:

Wow, that's really sad about all those bunnies :cry2
Petunia is so lucky that you caught her, she sounds like she is just full of personality :roflmao:

I can so picture you out there with your net avoiding the evil security guards, I wish I was closer so I could help you ;)

Finally!! I now know who that gorgeous bunny in your avatar pic is!!! I have to say that I think I might want to steal Flashie from you... :pHe sounds like a little bundle of fun!

I've really enjoyed catching up on your blog. All of you bunny-babies are too cute. I can't wait to read more about them!

myheart

Brandy i NEED ur help..id luv nothing more then to have somebody that loved bunnies to help me...my boyfriend loves our buns but getting him to the park is like pulling teeth..and i get tired of his heavy sighs ...it takes time and patience to catch a bunny being sneaky...especially when they scream when u grab them...i ran thru the park with Tator tot wrapped up in the net still ..squealing like a pig...the people at the park had no idea what the heck i had or what the heck i was doin..i just thought i got me a bun..im OUT!!..prob looked like a psycho wild woman catching my next meal...hehe
Tristana...tunie is so soft too..shes not the prettiest of my buns but she makes up for it with her softness and how easy she is to handle...well except for when shes moving the covers around on my bed..shes a little scary..:) and she is the meanest to my cats...she slams into them if they arent fast enough to escape the wrap of the tunia..
and Janet Flashie is the neatest little munchkin ..i luv him tons..so no dont even think about bun napping my little man..:) u can come visit him anytime..just remember to bring some of ur buns so i can squeeze all the air outta them:)..i havent seen ur blog yet but i will tomorow when i have time to sit and enjoy the visit:)
FlowersRedDeepGreenSparkleDivider.gif

Hercules is next...hes one of those buns that i thought id adopt out ,,,but he aint goin knowhere..i luvs him.
somebody moved out of their house and left him and his mate behind ...in their hutch in the backyard...no food no water...and when i got there and jumped the fence...(yea i like to do things a little riskay.) hehe.
anyways i looked in the hutch and saw Herc laying next to his dead mate...with bugs all over both of them...
I WAS FLIPPED OUT..i hate bugs but holy shmoly i reached in their and grabbed him so fast ,shook off all the bugs and tucked him under my arm like a football.jumped the fence with him in my arms..and threw him in the front seat of my cuda (didnt even put him in the carrier)....i tore outta that neighborhood so freakin fast ,,i felt like i had bugs all over me...and i was already freaked out about jumping the fence..(this was a very rich neighborhood)..well i know they heard me with my loud muscle car tear outta there...im still shaking as im driving and i look over at Herc and hes leanin to the side and looks over at me like.."lets roll"..
it made me giggle ..he was not scared at all..he was so calm and kewl...i had a bunny in the front seat with the window down..slamming gears and he looked like he was enjoying himself..i was like this dude is staying in the family..:)
but wait thats not the end of our eventful night..
im almost home with him ,,it was a 2 hr drive back thats how far away he was ..and i run out of gas....on a crossover bridge ,,no where to turn off ...i had to coast to the gore lane ..and hope to god nobody comes flying over that bridge and doesnt see my cuda...i got out cuz as much as i luv my car i didnt wanna die in it...so i put Herc in the carrier and walk to the side of the road until my boyfriend can come rescue us...well im yacking on my cell phone and i finally check on Herc in the carrier and hes COVERED in huge black ants..!!!..MORE BUGS!!!..poor little man i cant believe what he had to go thru ...and here i think im "saving" him ...and i set him down on an anthill...so now im shaking him around in the carrier trying to shake the ants off..hes trying to hold on for dear life while im screaming and shaking him...oh my god...i finally had to yank him outta the carrier and rub him down on the freakin side of a main road...with a bunny that i dont know and thank god he didnt get away from me ...he didnt even bite me or seem mad at all..hes still like this today..hes just a super carefree ,no attitude kinda bunny...he is so mellow for a rabbit....well until he got hormonal...i had an appt for him to be neutered so quick,,,he was a very pushy grunter and hes the one that used to chase me around the house...it kinda freaked me out a little bit...ok alot.,..
and he had the biggest danglers id ever seen ....no seriously even my boyfriend was jealous.hehe .they drug on the floor behind him...i thought he had a growth or something ..nope just danglers......
so heres Hercules this pic just makes me laugh..he is so silly :)

Hercules2.jpg

he has the longest back legs..
herc11.jpg

it started to rain and he was not happy..
herc12.jpg

this is Herc going into meltdown while im scratching his head ..he has all his weight on his little face pushing thru the cage,,hehe im surprised hes not drooling ...:)

cid__1012091823a.jpg

FlowersRedDeepGreenSparkleDivider.gif

Thanks so much for visiting my blog ..its all about the bunnies for me..can u tell? :)

YOu never cease to amaze me, Lisa!!

You are a true hero in the bunny world and I laughed so hard picturing your night saving Hercules :hugsquish:

He is soooo gorgeous, I don't blame you for keeping him, I would have too...he is just simply awesome!
I really need to come visit you now, LOL

And I know about the boyfriends...Craig would be the same way...MEN!
Ohhhhhh maybe they can drive the get away car as you and me capture bunnies :laughsmiley:

Wow, Lisa. Your bunnies' stories are so sad, before they met you. The mission of rescueing Hercules made me smile. Yep, I don't like bugs too,I imagined how you did that while I was reading. You're the grestest bunny momma I've even known, with a big, warm heart. Hercules is a stunning bunny ! No doubt that you keep him. :) Such a pretty boy.

Kimiko doesn't like rosemary :D She did try on it. I laughed so badly while watching her trying to taste it. She took a bit, chewed chewed chewed..then she moved her ears to the front and shaked her head. Then stopped for a moment and nibbled on it again... this time she chewed rosemary with open mounth ! :D it was so cute and funny. After 2 attempts she gave up, she tipped over the veggie bowl and threw rosemary away, like she wanted to say " Hmmm... this is weird momma, I don't know what you gave me but pls no more !" :laughsmiley: Oh gosh, I loveeeeeeee my girl ! She always brights up my day.

How are you ? I haven't logged on much lately, kinda busy. I hope you're doing ok. Can't wait to read more about your bunnies and your rescueing missions :) I'll be looking forward to see all of your babies.

Hug hug hug and hug ! :hug1

If ever you go the the park to bunny-nap again and get caught, tell them your bunny ran away and you're trying to catch him again to return him home.

I love your bunnies, they're all so cute..

What a wonderful blog! I love your story of Redrum (and all of your other bunnies, too); and have to tell you, I truly believe that there's something special about rabbits for those who have struggled with depression, and/or hard times in their lives. When I was younger I went through h-e-doublehockeysticks, and depression became part of my psyche. (Still is, admittedly...though very mild, and manageable.) I surrounded myself with pets and they, I believe, are what saved me...and for the rabbits in my life, they seemed to have a very profound effect somehow. I do believe that rabbits are magical creatures, in some way. ;o) So good for the soul.

You have a wonderful story to tell, and very beautiful bunnies!

Latest posts

Back