My little princess is gone 😭

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juste

Reaction score
She was independent bunny, didn't really liked human company. Only on rare occasions she would let us pet her or be near her.
I don't know what happened, she looked fine saturday. I wasn't at home sunday, and when i came home evening she was not interested in her food, but she ate some apple. So i assumed that maybe she's not hungry. I know, stupid.. they alway want they dry food.. i made sure that she was drinking. She gave a lot of kissed good night, which was rare. And in the morning of monday she was dead. (I was at work,i leave home 4.50 in the morning she was still moving around in her x pen).
Looking back, i think maybe she was sisk way before that, few weeks ago one of the rabbits started to poo everywhere, which never happened before. But i thought that maybe i brought neighbours rats sent in my room and they marking their teritory. Now the poops are gone. So it was Diva.
My boyfriend said before death her eyes changed from blue to green, she made sound like its hard to breath, jumped fell on the side and she was gone.
My mental state gone 📉 i am pretty sure i haven't cried so much when my grandmother died. I blame myself for not noticing that something was off..
And now Floki her bonded boy is alone. I told my bf to leave her body for him to see, but he said that Floki didn't pay any attention to her. He came over, sniffed her and thats it.
Now he is acting like nothing happened, i don't even know if he understands that she is gone. He did some binkies. The only thing now he is not so exited to get food. Because before if they hear their food box opening, they were racing who gets the food first. My bf said there no competition left to get food that's why he is not as before.
Sorry for such long post. But this is the only place i can went now. Because people dont understand how grown up can crie over some rabbit..

I'm so sorry for your loss. You're not to blame for Diva. Sometimes nature just says nope even though things have been fine before.
And who is that stupid person to say that people, adult or not, can't cry over the loss of their dear ones? People cry for all sorts of reasons, how is someone's passing not a valid reason?
Heartbreak hurts and nobody has the right to say that you should not express it when you feel the need to.
I lost one of my dear boys in May. He also went like that-totally fine one evening and dead the next night. His housemate Storm didn't feel interested in his loss at first, but about a week later i saw that he'd grown depressed. He's lucky to have bonded with Iris now. I still cry about these times, and it's totally fine to do so.

Take your time to grieve and be there for Floki. He might not show it but i bet that he'll come to know that something's not right.
Binky free, Diva.

I'm so sorry for your loss. You're not to blame for Diva. Sometimes nature just says nope even though things have been fine before.
And who is that stupid person to say that people, adult or not, can't cry over the loss of their dear ones? People cry for all sorts of reasons, how is someone's passing not a valid reason?
Heartbreak hurts and nobody has the right to say that you should not express it when you feel the need to.
I lost one of my dear boys in May. He also went like that-totally fine one evening and dead the next night. His housemate Storm didn't feel interested in his loss at first, but about a week later i saw that he'd grown depressed. He's lucky to have bonded with Iris now. I still cry about these times, and it's totally fine to do so.

Take your time to grieve and be there for Floki. He might not show it but i bet that he'll come to know that something's not right.
Binky free, Diva.
Thank you.
Well there were people from work who laughed because i was crying over a rabbit 😠 i wish i knew how to be there for Floki. When we first got him he was always seeking company from me, demanding head rubs, laying in bed next to me. But when he bonded with Diva. He was always with her. Learning all the bad habits from her. He doesn't want to be near, he doesn't want pets. He just does his own thing like Diva use to. And it breaks my hart every time i look at him. And i am dreading to try and bond him with someone else, he is aggressive and very territorial with other rabbits...

Sometimes the best we can do to be there for skittish, territorial, independent etc rabbits is just keeping an eye on them to see how they react. Make sure they're still eating relatively well and moving around enough. If possible, provide them with new toys or activities. If not, just taking the few extra minutes to lay on the floor with them, or read a book out loud. The reading helped for Storm- a grumpy, semi-independent boss of a rabbit.
And if the bun still won't come around after months, a playdate or two could be considered. Maybe he'll be more susceptible to successful bonding after getting to know the joys of a bondmate. But there's no hurry. He needs to heal as much as you do.
Best of luck to you all.

Sometimes the best we can do to be there for skittish, territorial, independent etc rabbits is just keeping an eye on them to see how they react. Make sure they're still eating relatively well and moving around enough. If possible, provide them with new toys or activities. If not, just taking the few extra minutes to lay on the floor with them, or read a book out loud. The reading helped for Storm- a grumpy, semi-independent boss of a rabbit.
And if the bun still won't come around after months, a playdate or two could be considered. Maybe he'll be more susceptible to successful bonding after getting to know the joys of a bondmate. But there's no hurry. He needs to heal as much as you do.
Best of luck to you all.
Thank you.

She was independent bunny, didn't really liked human company. Only on rare occasions she would let us pet her or be near her.
I don't know what happened, she looked fine saturday. I wasn't at home sunday, and when i came home evening she was not interested in her food, but she ate some apple. So i assumed that maybe she's not hungry. I know, stupid.. they alway want they dry food.. i made sure that she was drinking. She gave a lot of kissed good night, which was rare. And in the morning of monday she was dead. (I was at work,i leave home 4.50 in the morning she was still moving around in her x pen).
Looking back, i think maybe she was sisk way before that, few weeks ago one of the rabbits started to poo everywhere, which never happened before. But i thought that maybe i brought neighbours rats sent in my room and they marking their teritory. Now the poops are gone. So it was Diva.
My boyfriend said before death her eyes changed from blue to green, she made sound like its hard to breath, jumped fell on the side and she was gone.
My mental state gone 📉 i am pretty sure i haven't cried so much when my grandmother died. I blame myself for not noticing that something was off..
And now Floki her bonded boy is alone. I told my bf to leave her body for him to see, but he said that Floki didn't pay any attention to her. He came over, sniffed her and thats it.
Now he is acting like nothing happened, i don't even know if he understands that she is gone. He did some binkies. The only thing now he is not so exited to get food. Because before if they hear their food box opening, they were racing who gets the food first. My bf said there no competition left to get food that's why he is not as before.
Sorry for such long post. But this is the only place i can went now. Because people dont understand how grown up can crie over some rabbit..
I'm so sorry for your loss of your little bun. Just know it wasn't your fault, and she's at peace now.

I’m so sorry for your loss. Ignore those people who don’t understand. For some reason people can empathise with forming emotional attachments to some animals, but not others 🤷‍♀️. And shame on them for laughing at your pain, whatever the cause.

Sending love and hugs. Hope you begin to feel brighter soon. Binky free little lady 🌈

I am really so sorry that your rabbit has died. Sometimes it is hard to see if there might be an illness. Some animals get over death easily and others take it hard. I hope you allow yourself to grieve as long as you need.

Oh goodness. They must have had the same virus or bacterial infection. I am sure you are heartbroken.

Nicole
Yesterday we played, he did tricks, begged for banana, spent whole hour petting him while he slept. Before bed he ate out of my hands. And today he is gone. I don't know how to deal with that. They were my first pets as adult, i only had 1 hamster when i was a kid. I forgot how much it hurts to loose someone, and now they both are gone.

So much ouch. I'm crying for you. It's just such a sad thing, for him to go as well.
On the other hand, i would like to think it to be a sign of utter devotion from him. Floki wouldn't want any other bun except Diva. They're reunited now.
Sending extra waves of compassion to you.

I am so sorry for your loss, this is such a heartbreaking situation. Never let the jerks of the world say that a bunny isn't worth your grief, they most certainly are.
There are some things we just aren't able to protect our bunnies from. Trying to send positive thoughts in your direction

Latest posts

Back