My little princess is gone šŸ˜­

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you everyone for your words ā¤
I am so tired of people telling me not to cry because pets come and go..
Still can't bring myself to fold their crate...
My boyfriend wants to get another rabbit, but i am so scared what if they actually died of some infection and new rabbit will catch it as well.. i don't think i can go through that again, with my depression and all.. i think soon my face won't have any skin left from all the tears.

You don't have to get new rabbits right now. Sometimes it might be better to just wait until the massive grieving is over before one can commit to another set of lively beings. Waiting will also decrease the risk of new ones catching anyhting.
Take your time to heal, pay no heed to those who believe that pets aren't worth grieving for.

You don't have to get new rabbits right now. Sometimes it might be better to just wait until the massive grieving is over before one can commit to another set of lively beings. Waiting will also decrease the risk of new ones catching anyhting.
Take your time to heal, pay no heed to those who believe that pets aren't worth grieving for.
That what i was thinking too. My boyfriend had it worse. Back in our home country he and his parents had 2 cats, a rat and a parrot. All died this year, and now our rabbits... and their family always deal with grief by getting other fur baby to hold. This year is just the worst.

That what i was thinking too. My boyfriend had it worse. Back in our home country he and his parents had 2 cats, a rat and a parrot. All died this year, and now our rabbits... and their family always deal with grief by getting other fur baby to hold. This year is just the worst.
Well, sadly, that is a streak of being unfortunate. These recent years have been an overall mess for a majority of people.
I lost my first rabbit too early two springs ago, and another one too early last spring. Neither was able to live with us for a full year. I was so afraid that i would lose a third one soon before the anniversary. It didn't happen and i was so happy about it.
Looking back on it, i should've waited after losing Musti instead of getting Storm just hours after his death, i might've landed on a totally different rabbit that appealed to me more.
Still, i've learned to not regret that decision anymore and i strongly urge you to not regret yours either, no matter what you end up doing. Try to find a shard of joy in something miserable, it makes the situation just a bit easier to digest.
Hang on there.

Iā€™m sorry for your loss and definitely donā€™t rush if you arenā€™t ready for a new one. My first rabbit passed 10+ years ago. I wasnā€™t ready to get another until this year. My family (brother and I) personally made the decision with our parents assent and we definitely donā€™t regret it.

Thank you everyone for your words ā¤
I am so tired of people telling me not to cry because pets come and go..
Still can't bring myself to fold their crate...
My boyfriend wants to get another rabbit, but i am so scared what if they actually died of some infection and new rabbit will catch it as well.. i don't think i can go through that again, with my depression and all.. i think soon my face won't have any skin left from all the tears.
If you can't rule out RVHD (autopsy) don't get any bunnies for 4 months at least and disinfect everything with veterinary grade disinfectant. If and when you are ready to adopt bunnies make sure they have been vaccinated at least a couple of weeks before. Hope you are OK.

Iā€™m so sry for your loss! But think about it: rn your bunny is probably flopping or eating pellets. Sheā€™s in paradise. šŸ˜

I am so sorry for your loss. Do not blame yourself. Bunnies like to hide their feelings. Sometimes it's difficult to know when somethings wrong. Hopefully if you get another bunny it will have a special place next to your others including Diva. That's a really good name BTW. But just think. If she was suffering badly, it's better for her up there. she doesn't have to suffer. She's better off in heaven than suffering down here. And I know it can be tough but think how happy she is, binkying and flopping everywhere with so many more bunnies.
Hang in there.
May God be with you in this tough time

She was independent bunny, didn't really liked human company. Only on rare occasions she would let us pet her or be near her.
I don't know what happened, she looked fine saturday. I wasn't at home sunday, and when i came home evening she was not interested in her food, but she ate some apple. So i assumed that maybe she's not hungry. I know, stupid.. they alway want they dry food.. i made sure that she was drinking. She gave a lot of kissed good night, which was rare. And in the morning of monday she was dead. (I was at work,i leave home 4.50 in the morning she was still moving around in her x pen).
Looking back, i think maybe she was sisk way before that, few weeks ago one of the rabbits started to poo everywhere, which never happened before. But i thought that maybe i brought neighbours rats sent in my room and they marking their teritory. Now the poops are gone. So it was Diva.
My boyfriend said before death her eyes changed from blue to green, she made sound like its hard to breath, jumped fell on the side and she was gone.
My mental state gone šŸ“‰ i am pretty sure i haven't cried so much when my grandmother died. I blame myself for not noticing that something was off..
And now Floki her bonded boy is alone. I told my bf to leave her body for him to see, but he said that Floki didn't pay any attention to her. He came over, sniffed her and thats it.
Now he is acting like nothing happened, i don't even know if he understands that she is gone. He did some binkies. The only thing now he is not so exited to get food. Because before if they hear their food box opening, they were racing who gets the food first. My bf said there no competition left to get food that's why he is not as before.
Sorry for such long post. But this is the only place i can went now. Because people dont understand how grown up can crie over some rabbit..
I am so sorry for your loss

Latest posts

Back