My little girl's gone....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutches_Rock

Reaction score
Well, my worst fear came true...Cookie'soutside, and something torn up her cage. It's mangled. She's gone. Idon't even want to know what happened...Something just got in there andkilled her. I'm throughly devasted. My baby's gone..She was only a yearand a half. I can't believe she's gone.. This is so awful... The boysare alright, thank god, one has some fur missing, but they're justshooken up.

I don't know what to do without her :( My first rabbit..Prize winner...Companion.

Awwwww,I am so sorry. Whatan awful thing to happen to you and your rabbit!! Is there aplace where you can bring your other rabbits in so nothingelse happens to them? Gosh, this is so awful, thatI just do not know what else to say. Visit therainbow bridge thread,this may help some. Also come to theforum for support. We understand your heart break and howmuch you loved your rabbit. Hugs and muchlove Beckie:sad::pinkpansy::eek:rangepansy::purplepansy:

Oh god, I'm so sorry....such a terrible way tolose a pet. I did lose one to dogs many years ago, and it was just sodevastating. I know there's really no words that will take away yourpain...it's at times like this I wish I could reach out through thecomputer and give a comforting hug.

I'm so sorry...

:bigtears:

:bunnyangel:Oh this is really terrible for you!I just can't imagine what you are feeling. I feel so sad for you...canbarely even express it...at least when they're sick its not such ashock. Hang in there...we're here for you:purplepansy::(:(

I used to have a guinea pig family that I letrun in a bathroom on newspaper. They used to hide under the paper and Iwould continually have to remind myself to be careful when I steppedover the barrier in the door. One day I was really distracted and Istepped on sweet little Lucy under a paper. I broke her neckwith myfoot and she just died immediately. She wasvery young andhappy and I felt like killing myself. I stillcan barely think back on that because it was MY fault even though Ididn't mean it. You must feel even worse..I feel so bad for you:(

Awww Dutches, that's so awful. :tears2:

Pay plenty of attention to your boys, they need reassuring, and you need comfort.

I know manybreeders who keep their bunnies outside in whatseems to be secure conditions, but the truth is you just never knowuntil its too late. Somebody on another board had a pack ofdogs break down the door of a secure, locked and heatedshedand do their best to break into the cages inside.The cages held, but one still died of fright. Andthose cages were as secure as they were only becausethey hadbeen attacked twice before. I've seen pictures of hutchesbuilt high off the ground that look like Fort Knox, and I have no doubtthese designs were the result of sad experiences as well.

(And while the obvious best case scenario would be to keep a bunny safein a Penthouse apartment in some city, this more obviously isn'trealistic).

I'm so sorry for your pain. Your baby is binkying at the Bridge. :rainbow:

SAS and PIPP :(:(:rose:

That is so sad.I'm sorry to hear about your loss.Such a young age to go. :(

I am so sorry for your loss, brought tears to myeyes. My little 12/1/2 week old Holland lop that I got a fewweeks ago no longer has parents. My breeder called me anddogs got both of Binkys parents. It was so sad, she was sosad. They have picked up the same 2 dogs from animal controlat least 3 times and they are not being punished. They justkeep paying to get them back. My friend has plans to put up afence so it won't happen again. In the meantime she doubledwired all the rabbit cages and just prays they are safe.

I have only 3 outdoor bunnies and the rest are inside, but i have a fence all around the back yard.

You might think about putting up a tall or enclosed fence just aroundthe cages if a fence around the backyard is out of the question.

Again, I am so sorry that you had to go through all this..love up on those sweet boys.

Tatum

Latest posts

Back