My Lionhead is sleepyyyyy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I care for an 11 month old, female Lionhead rabbit named Arwen. I have not gotten her spade yet, I do plan to. Yesterday Arwen discovered she could hop on top of my desk and hang out while I played games or whatever. When I walked into her room (I let her free roam) this morning, she was energic and "normal" at first. But for the majority of the day today she has been kinda lethargic, I never see her sleep this much. She has mainly plopped herself down on my desk in front of me and sometimes asking to be pet. She is also much more trusting today than I have ever seen her. I have made very good progress bonding with my rabbit and this blows my mind that she trusts me this much to just plop down right in front of me, for me to pet her. I have also noticed tiny blood patches all over my desk, and no where other than my desk. It is possibly Arwen could have cut her foot on something, but I understand this is most likely a "girl thing"
However this is the first time this has happened, Arwen is usually just a ball of energy.
I am worried that she is possibly sick, or somehow hurt, or just not feeling herself. Is it time for a vet, or anything I can provide for her?

Note: I recently stopped feeding her as many timothy pellets, to try an encourage more hay eating.

I believe she is asleep in both pictures, the 1st picture was at 1pm and the 2nd was at 5pm.
I have NEVER seen her lay down like she is in picture 2 in my life.
IMG_3051.JPG IMG_3064.JPG

I can't see anything wrong with her tbh just wanted to say she's very cool looking rabbit. I don't think rabbits have this girlthing does she poop & pee as usual? How long is she with you now and what is her diet?

I give her a huge pile of hay everday when I change her litterbox and I've had her since she was 12 weeks old. Her poops are normal, more grassy/textured than usual actually. I used to feed her fiesta food with the timothy pellets, I now only give her the fiesta pellets as a rare treat. I give her green veggies as much as I can but not daily, I'd say 3-5 times a week. And currently I'm only giving her a small handful of timothy pellets everyday. So I do strive to keep her diet really clean and healthy. It's just today she's abnormally tired, and trusting of me. It's so weird to me that she just plopped down on my desk today

If you worried about the blood marks I'd put her on white paper towel and see if there are any fresh marks on it to find out where they come from.

I've now tried this, no recent wet blood, and I can't see where it came from, it wasn't much, but anything is still something. I'm not going to try and pick her up today but tomorrow, I'll do some investigating and she if maybe she nicked herself

ah okay so Arwen had cut her foot... the blood stains are also all footprints i should have seen. Poor baby got hurt for the first time ;/

Latest posts

Back