My Holland Lop has an abscess under the jaw

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eringorham01

Reaction score
Hello:

I have a 3-year Blue Holland lop girl bunny. I took her to the vet and was told to give her penicillin injections for 30 days every day. I am worried about it not going away and wanted to know if anyone has had experience with this. They said if it does not go away that surgery would be the next option. I appreciate any feedback regarding this as I just want her to get the best care.

Hello:

I have a 3-year Blue Holland lop girl bunny. I took her to the vet and was told to give her penicillin injections for 30 days every day. I am worried about it not going away and wanted to know if anyone has had experience with this. They said if it does not go away that surgery would be the next option. I appreciate any feedback regarding this as I just want her to get the best care.
Is this from a tooth?If so that would need to be sorted before any improvement and the abscess cleaned out probably more than once.Antobiotics will only prevent further infection but unlikely to heal the abscess without further intervention

Is this from a tooth?If so that would need to be sorted before any improvement and the abscess cleaned out probably more than once.Antobiotics will only prevent further infection but unlikely to heal the abscess without further intervention
I am not sure but it is getting bigger so the antibiotic can’t be working. I scheduled a ct scan for Wednesday . I am thinking it is her teeth but they said without doing the ct scan they won’t know for sure what is going in . I hope I am making the right decision. After the ct scan then they will do surgery and whatever else is needed. I do worry about anesthesia but they gave a lot of experience with rabbits

Latest posts

Back