My Heart's on Fire for Elvira

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right now, my chicks are just in a dog kennel with a cover on the top, they don't want to be in the big coop. The rooster is in there by himself. The hen is still staying in the hospital wing and her and the babies get free range everyday. But in the big coop, I have a gigantic dog house that they will all sleep in once I finally get them settled and they allow it. Its not insulated or anything, its just really well built with a shingle roll roof thing. The birds are just really hardy, they all did really well this winter and they always do well in the summer.
Hopefully they'll all be settled in the big coop soon enough. Its sad that I let them dictate where they go, but sometimes its easier to have them do whatever they want rather than fight them. hahaha.

Dear, Guy who drove down my street earlier;
Thank you for letting a bunch of your styrofoam plates blow into my yard. I really enjoyed cleaned up after the party that I clearly wasn't invited to. Thanks so much for not stopping to pick up all the crap that flew out of the back of your truck. I know you know that it happened.
Thanks.

Also.

Dear Bird who took a crap on my window;
Thank you so much for pooping on my windshield while I was driving and making sure that you pooped right in my line of vision. So not only did I ride down the road for a mile with my mouth open in shock that my car got pooped on, I couldn't stop looking at the poop as I was driving. It was very distracting.
Thanks.

So that's whats happened today. haha. Yay for me! I really did have to clean up someone else's mess and it was ridiculous! Like, if you know that you dropped a bunch of stuff in the front yard...turn the hell around and pick it up. If you don't, you're rude. And then that bird, haha, I laughed so hard but I really could only stare at the poop. Yay for poop!

Ellie went outside today, I think I got some really nice shots of her out there! She got to dig around and she wasn't even scared! I'll share the pictures later.

Blah sounds annoying, I would hate to have to clean up someone else's mess, even though I do that at home ;)

Hey the other day I had a bird poop on my jacket on the back so I didn't see it, if I were you I would take it as less of an annoyance and more as good luck :)

Just saying sometimes you've got to keep your glass half full, even if it's wine you're drinking! Lol!

I hate people dumping rubbish and not cleaning up. That´s a bit like people who let their dogs poop on the pavements or in the parks and don´t pick it up...it really is one of the things I hate most.

That bird pooping....great shot hitting right where it stops you seeing. They do say that getting hit by bird poop is lucky so check the lottery lol.

I had a bird poop IN my car once too! haha. I wasn't that mad about the bird poop, I thought it was ridiculous. I laughed though because all I could see whats poop on the windshield.
I didn't know getting pooped on was good luck? I have never heard that.

I went plant crazy today! I went to lowes and spent $40 on plants and flowers! I know that doesn't sound like much, but I got lots of good stuff. I got some flowers for a big pot to put out front of my house, it looks awesome. I got a little lavender bush, hopefully it will do well in the pot and come back next year. I can't wait for it to bloom though, it smells SO good! I'll cut it and put it in the house for air freshener. I got two tomato plants, one is a better boy and the other is a pink girl. Apparently the pink girl is pink! haha. Who knew?! I got two crockneck squash plants and 6 strawberry plants. And I got another hydrangea bush, I love them! They do really well in my yard too, I had really good luck with my one last year.
I also planted my little lilac bush in the place that Foo is buried, I plan on making that area(which was my garden last year) into a nice flower bed. And I also planted my black raspberry bush, next to my blueberry bush from last year. I thought the blueberry bush died because I bought it late in the season and I didn't take very good care of it, but it came back and it seems to be thriving where it is! So hopefully the raspberry bush will do well too, I planted it on the fence, so it will grow up the fence.
I'm also going to plant some green bean seeds and see if I can get them to sprout to put them on another fence, to get some green beans. They did okay last year, but I didn't plant enough.

I was going to have a HUGE garden, but we never got around to renting a bob cat to clear out part of the field for the garden. So I'm going to do a small one. I'll probably go in the next few days and get some more stuff, like cucumbers and maybe some more herbs. Lowes was pretty cleaned out today since yesterday and today have been beautiful and its the beginning of the vegetable planting season right now. But hopefully with the stuff I got today and will get in the next few days, I'll have a nice little garden going this summer! I really love planting things. I love flowers and all that stuff, so being outside with dirty hands and planting flowers made me SO happy today.

Tonight after dinner and after everything is settled, then I'll upload the pictures of Ellie when she was outside the other day.

Here are the pictures of Ellie from outside the other day!
2qsnp5t.jpg

She looks like she's trying to hide in this one!
29qb9rk.jpg

20z2wjs.jpg

9uyr8h.jpg

2ltn6rp.jpg

n37or8.jpg

2qnp27o.jpg

3506yci.jpg

She was in clover heaven! It seems all the animals love the clover. And I actually don't mind sitting in them, I don't really like grass that much; but the clover is soft and fluffy. The chickens love to get in the clover too, especially the hen.

She did really well outside this time! She wasn't scared at all. I think I'm going to start letting her out more often. I think I might fashion some sort of top out of hawk netting or chicken wire, for the top of the play yard. So I don't have to sit out there with her the whole time. When I put the pen in the yard I can see from all the windows on that side of the house, so I would be able to see her. But if she had a top, she would be okay...right? I'll be spending a lot of time outside from now on though, with the flower beds and garden and whatnot; so she'll be out with me as long as it isn't too hot.

On a side note, I just started watching this show on netflix. Its Hatfield's and McCoy's. It was originally on the history channel and its crazy good! I've cried and laughed and been totally shocked. Its just 3 episodes, a mini series I guess. I've watched the first 2 and I'll watch the other one tomorrow.

But if you're not familiar with the families, the feud started over a stolen pig. Supposedly one of the Hatfield's stole a pig from the McCoy's and then fed it back to the McCoy's. I've never actually googled them, so I'm not sure what wikipedia says, but I knew an actual McCoy and thats what he told me happened. But it started this really long feud and it ended with a lot of lost lives.

But the mini series is crazy good!

Oh she is so gorgeous and I love the third photo, she´s just too cute. And she looks so good against all that green, I bet she´s loving it. Yes, get her out as much as you can, all that fresh air and clover must be good for her.

That´s so funny about the hatfield and mccoys....I must look for it to watch.

By the way, I bought a new TV last week for the arrival of my family. Well, it´s got WIFI so I can watch the UK TV on the TV instead of on the laptop and it´s been great....a few hiccups with the signal but mostly great...it was well worth it although I´ll be paying for it for a you don´t buy this kind of TV every day.

Here are some pictures of the chicks! They're HUGE now! haha. They're not little anymore.

This is my little white hen, that I'm keeping. She is my favorite and quite the prankster! She will run up to the others and scare them, or hop on another one's back. Its funny!
maaz4p.jpg

This one is the white hen, the black rooster and one of the white roosters. If I'm not mistaken, this white roo is the super feisty one! He follows me around and bites me. He's got to go! hahaha.
rc4wfr.jpg

Theres big mama in the back. She's doing MUCH better, still acts a little strange sometimes, but over all she's great! But the size comparison, they're catching up to her!
116tg7n.jpg

And here are most of the chicks together around a too-small bowl of feed. haha. They were all crowed around my back steps and then they followed me into the front to get the feed, then followed me back to the back steps and I fed them.
2vl71gp.jpg

In the pictures of them eating from my hand, they were biting the crap out of my fingers. haha. It doesn't hurt, only when they get my finger tips, but the other parts of my hand weren't painful. It feels really weird. Their beaks aren't sharp and they don't have teeth. Its like...if you pinched yourself with tweezers but didn't pinch too hard. I don't know, its hard to explain. haha. But they're so crazy!

Oh, how they have grown but they´re love them all, it´s amazing how much they change...now they´re looking like real hens and roos. I had to go back and look at the photos of them when they were really little chicks. I´d love to be feeding my chickens in the back yard. :nod

I do love to feed them. They're so funny when they're being fed. I love to feed them from my hand too, it helps to make them more tame and they like me more when I hand feed them.
Its like with bunnies, you get to their hearts through their stomachs! hahaha.

That one white hen, my favorite one, she's going to be a good girl I think. She's the first to run up to me. I'm pretty sure that her and the other white roo in the picture were the first 2 hatched, they're the biggest and they seem to be the oldest. Then a little black hen named "Up" is the last one hatched, she's the smallest one out of the bunch. The other black hen is "Down". I named them that, because other than the size difference, Up has her tail up ALL the time and Down has her tail down ALL the time. There is a white hen that I *may be* keeping, she has a blue patch under her left eye, I've named her Patchy Pirate. I don't know what to name the white hen, or the blue hen. Any suggestions?

I can't believe I forgot to tell you guys that we got a laser pointer for playing with the cats. BEST. PURCHASE. OF. MY. LIFE.
My fat cat is the ONLY one who will play with it. Even Smokey, the crazy cat won't play. But my fat cat goes crazy for it, she'll stretch out and swat at it and climb the walls for it. Its HILARIOUS to watch! I love this cat and I love this laser pointer! hahaha.

Ellie looks so adorable playing out in the yard. It looks like she really enjoys it! She looks so pretty out with the flowers. :)

Wow, those certainly aren't chicks anymore. Soon they will be as big as the momma hen! Its great that your keeping the white one, she is so pretty! And I laughed when I read she jumps on the other chickens backs! Kinda reminds me of Ellie ;)

I have seen cats and lasers it so cute! And that's cute that she climbs up walls for it. That's pretty cool. And it must be so fun to watch. You should get a video of it!

Just looking again at little Miss Ellie´s pics and she is too cute. She does have lovely markings.

I like the name Blanca for your´white hen.

Ellie looks so pretty! I'm sure she enjoyed being out in the fresh air. Clover is much more comfy to sit on, it's cushiony and it doesn't jab you like grass does. Wow, the chicks are big! Less chance of momma beating them up.

You could name the blue hen Blue Bell after my now most favorite ice cream in the world!Ha. They sold this ice cream in Texas and my hubby lived there years ago. He has told me about this ice cream like every year for the past six years. They just opened up a place up here. It tastes soooo good and it stays soft even after being opened and being here for a week. One reason I don't eat ice cream much is because it hurts my teeth unless it's on the soft size and this is the only ice cream I have found to stay soft and the strawberry taste so much like real strawberries. I'm in Loooovvvvveeee!!! Sorry, I just took over your post for ice cream.

Blanca is a good name for the hen Chris...because she's white! haha.
No they aren't chicks anymore. They're pretty close to being the same size as the hen. The little roosters still have a lot of growing to do. It does take them like a year and a half to completely finish growing.

Ellie is so silly! She was out of her cage all day yesterday. She has started following us around in the kitchen and its hilarious. So yesterday evening, I was running back and forth in the kitchen and she would run after me. So I started to do the side stepping run thing, you know, I figured just because I was playing with her didn't mean I couldn't make it good for me too! So I got a little cardio work out yesterday evening with Ellie. Then my husband was doing the same thing with her, she was funny.
Now she's out in the kitchen because she made a huge mess in her cage last night, and I have to clean it. She is still following me around.
Oh and it was the saddest thing yesterday. Smokey the cat was laying in the floor and Ellie went up to her and groomed her a bit, then she put her head under Smokey's chin and tried to get Smokey to groom her! It was so sad! She stayed there for like 10 minutes until Smokey got up and walked away. But Smokey didn't understand that she wanted to be groomed I don't think, Smokey was sniffing her ears and she may have licked her but poor Ellie.
I wonder if she would do well with a friend? After she gets spayed of course!

Oh and Lisa, no it doesn't hurt when the chicks peck me. They don't have teeth and its hard to explain what it feels like. Their claws on the other hand, they're crazy sharp! Like little razors. I picked one of them up the other night and he scratched me and I was sure he shredded my hand. He didn't, but they were SHARP. haha.

Ellie looks so pretty! I'm sure she enjoyed being out in the fresh air. Clover is much more comfy to sit on, it's cushiony and it doesn't jab you like grass does. Wow, the chicks are big! Less chance of momma beating them up.

You could name the blue hen Blue Bell after my now most favorite ice cream in the world!Ha. They sold this ice cream in Texas and my hubby lived there years ago. He has told me about this ice cream like every year for the past six years. They just opened up a place up here. It tastes soooo good and it stays soft even after being opened and being here for a week. One reason I don't eat ice cream much is because it hurts my teeth unless it's on the soft size and this is the only ice cream I have found to stay soft and the strawberry taste so much like real strawberries. I'm in Loooovvvvveeee!!! Sorry, I just took over your post for ice cream.

I totally love Blue Bell ice cream! I could definitely name the blue hen Blue Bell.
The ice cream is SO good. I don't eat much ice cream though, I'm just not a huge fan. But sometimes I go on binges and eat a whole thing in like 2 days. It hurts me teeth too though.
I just got a single magnum ice cream bag, oh my god, that thing was amazing! It was the gold one, so it was golden chocolate covering caramel swirl ice cream. SO GOOD.
I always think that Blue Bell has the flavor "bunny tracks" but its Blue Bunny, thats pretty good ice cream too! I love the bunny tracks, its like moose tracks but the chocolate pieces are little bunnies! haha. Its pretty good too.

My all time favorite ice cream is butter pecan though! Its the best in a waffle cone, in a cup or straight from the container. I can thank my grandma for my love of that, it was the only thing she bought. Its like my go-to ice cream flavor! haha.

Latest posts

Back