My Heart's on Fire for Elvira

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Kaley, don't you want to come experience the craziness of my house?! Its great! We do laugh about things here, you have you. If you don't laugh, then you cry. LOL

So we've definitely decided that the Fat Cat DID fall through the ceiling. She freaked out when something fell in the kitchen last night. Ellie also freaked out, and kicked litter and poop out of her litter box. I went to my best friends house and came back to all that on the floor.

Went to the park yesterday and walked and AJ got to play. But I swear every time we leave the playground, AJ throws a fit. He just SCREAMS. He doesn't really cry, he just follows me out and wails. Its so irritating! I got a sunburn too, its all awkward because of my tank top! LOL

Yesterday, I may or may not have put eyebrows on my dog. LOL

OH and Ellie is a ridiculous critter! She will eat cat food or dog food when she's out of pellets, because she's "starving". I guess she eats a lot of hay at night, because shes usually almost out of hay in the morning. So in order to get my attention, she eats cat/dog food and then I feed her. She's so bad!

I'll post a picture. I just have to do it! I have no batteries to put in my camera, but I do have pictures on there from before that I need to upload. I took a picture of the dog with my phone, I guess I could email it to myself since I don't have a USB right here. But my phone is on the other end of the couch and I've only have half a cup of coffee this morning and I don't know if I can reach it without a whole cup. LOL

I swear I'm going to put my kid outside with my chickens. He's been in my front room, which is my storage room, and he's messing with stuff! I've been cleaning in there and making sure theres nothing to get to. But somehow it got my coffee percolator(<I can never spell that word). He's making me insane. Theres not much in there, but if he's not supposed to have it, he has it. He brought me an old rabbit food bowl yesterday. Good lord.

So Ellie barely at any pellets yesterday. I don't know why and she barely ate a blueberry that I gave her. But she did eat it when I walked away. I dumped her litter boxes and put fresh hay in them and she seemed to be munching on that.
But this morning when I went in and looked at her bowl, it was still full of pellets. It was concerning, but then I looked next to her bowl. My old cat had thrown up canned food next to Ellie's bowl and I think the smell put Ellie off her food. It was VERY gross. I guess maybe I missed it yesterday or she did it after I left and went to my dads? Either way, its gone now and Ellie is eating pellets again. But shes still eating more hay than pellets. I wonder whats going on.
I tried to give her some simethicone yesterday and she wouldn't take it. I guess because last time I gave it to her, I accidentally squirted her in the face with it. haha.

My spelling is way off today, I'm so glad for google spell check! Bless you little squiggly red line!

AJ won't let me get the boogers out of his nose so I can hear his nose whistling. LOL He just won't let me do it. I have to hold him down and I always need an extra set of hands. Maybe I'll be able to get the boogers later! I told him he can't wear a shirt until I get the boogers out. LOL

I'll post the pictures. After my coffee.

Everything is fine! I've just been deep cleaning my house the last few days, so I haven't been on a whole lot lately. I've stopped by to check things out, but I haven't said very much!

I'll upload some pictures tomorrow. Now, I'm off to look at craigslist for workout equipment per my husbands request!

I haven't even had coffee yet, nor have I fed AJ breakfast but I wanted to get this picture uploaded. Because I took it like 3 weeks ago and then my camera batteries died. But you guys know that!

qso2dj.jpg

Okay, I just got some coffee and AJ's breakfast made. So I'll tell you guys about what happened this morning. I didn't sleep very well last night, to begin with. Then at about 6 I hear this thudding noise. At first I wasn't going to go look because sometimes, my brain plays tricks on me in the night and I dream the noise and go and its nothing. But this morning, I got up and went to the kitchen. The thudding noise was my Fat Cat knocking the gate that goes between the kitchen and my living room over! When I walked into to see that, it was like being in Jurassic Park and seeing the Velociraptor enclosure ripped open! I was whisper cussing because I didn't want to wake AJ up. My laundry bucket was knocked over, the clothes were all over the floor. I was like, WTF goes on here at night?! Ellie was in the corner next to the fridge, between the wall and the chicken feed container. So it scared the crap out of her. She came out when I came in the kitchen. My Fat Cat was just enjoying some food, like she didn't just destroy the whole kitchen. Apparently, I have to put the Fat Cat out at night, so she stops destroying my house in the wee hours of the morning!

Dear lord, could you guys imagine if Ellie had gotten out into the rest of my house? Its NOT bunny proofed at all. Hell, its BARELY baby proofed! haha. She would have destroyed everything! So when I was putting the gate up, I was looking around suspiciously. Because I knew that if she was out; I would never be able to pick her up to get her back into the kitchen. She REALLY hates being picked up. She gets all tight with her little fat body and its awkward to hold her.
But all was well with her in the kitchen. She was a little irritating this morning when I got up to make coffee and such. haha. She's just really underfoot because she loves me. But sometimes I'm not in the mood to have her sit on my feet. LOL

So this morning, my husband really succeeded in pissing me off. I woke up at 7:45 and didn't get out of bed. I didn't want to, I was tired because of getting up at 3 then 6. So I went back to sleep. He got up between 7:45 and 8:20 and left, without waking me up. With AJ awake in his crib, bouncing around. So my big rooster is who woke me up because it was on the outside of the fence, under our windows. I got up and looked at the time, looked at the empty drive way and cussed my husband for not even attempting to wake me up! I mean, good lord! So I'm not super happy with him. He also didn't take the trash out.

Okay, like I said in an above post I've been working on super cleaning my house. Well, I've been throwing stuff out, donating stuff, getting everything like super clean. Getting all the hidden cobwebs and actual spider webs because apparently my house is the house of the spiders. I don't have to decorate for Halloween because its already decorated! Anyway, you would think that my husband would want to help me keep everything clean and nice. NOPE. He's making it harder for me to do anything! He's been more of a slob in the last two weeks than he has been since we've been together. Its like the house was a little untidy and he was okay about putting things away, but now that its CLEAN...he's leaving grape vines on the end table and dinner plates on AJ's table. Like, WTF? Did you suddenly lose ALL your home-training? Are you like an old dog who has been house trained for 10 years and all of a sudden is incontinent? And who has gone totally deaf? Because he's also gone deaf, he hears nothing at all.

He's making me crazy!

On a better note, I found the BEST kids show. Its called I Spy. Its like stop-action animation and its sit in the I Spy books. You know, like you have to pick out red shoes or jacks or 12 ducks, out of the page of stuff. Its like that, but in a show. They're funny, they help each other, they sing, its brightly colored, they're nice to each other and they find the things they need to find! LOL AJ is like sucked into the tv! Its helpful when I'm trying to get some stuff done.

Last thing, I'm pressure washing my house this weekend to try to knock some spiderwebs down. I'm so excited about doing it! I'm going to clean our outdoor furniture and AJ's outdoor toys and stuff. I'm pretty stoked! I love pressure washing things! LOL

Happy Friday!

So one last thing. I have to tell you guys about my best friend. Mostly, because I have no one else to talk to and my mom isn't great at talking on the phone! haha.
Anyway, she and her fiance just moved into their new house. Its a cute 3 bedroom house in a really over crowded neighborhood. They moved from her moms house. Well her mom has a shopping problem, namely, a Goodwill problem. Their house was FILLED with stuff. Like to the point that there is one place and each couch to sit because the couches are filled with stuff. None of them were willing to take responsibility for the stuff in the house. All pointing fingers at whose the crap is and whose it isn't and who should clean it and so on. Well, that kind of thing irritates me. Like, if its yours and you know that it is CLEAN IT UP!
Her fiance is lazy as [badword]. Like so much so that I just want to be like GET OFF YOUR BUTT AND HELP YOU SLOB! Like, I will complain about my husband leaving a grape vine on the end table, but if its just one grapevine and not taking the trash out, thats the least of my worries. Her fiance will not wash his own clothes, will not pick anything up, will not wash a **** dish. Her mom would wait for him to clean the dishes that he used and it took him 2 weeks once. She left a pot sitting in the sink for 2 effing weeks waiting for him to clean it. He didn't finally one of them broke down and did it. Its disgusting.

Anyway, so they just moved into this house. They've lived there for a week and like half their crap isn't unpacked yet. She said they have the bathroom and the kitchen unpacked but everything else is still in boxes and storage totes. HOW CAN YOU LIVE LIKE THAT? Holy god! When we moved into this house like 2 years ago, I got it unpacked in 2 days. But it took me 2 years to figure out storage stuff! LOL
She's out of work right now, due to a back injury. So she can't go back for like 3 weeks and has to be physical therapy and everything. So her fiance is expecting her to take care of the house while she's not working. WHICH I TOTALLY AGREE WITH. Now, I get that I live in the 50's, being a house keeper, not owning a car anymore, raising the kid and tending to the animals, so I may be a little biased. But I think if you're at home all day long that is your job to keep the house running! Not sit on your ass and wait for him to get home and fight with him about what he didn't do that day! Which is what she is doing. She just can't get passed herself enough to even unpack his clothes!

Sure he doesn't go about it the right way. He likes to make jokes about her becoming a "housewife". Which isn't funny when a man says it. My husband can say it because we joke about it. Like he asks me how work was and stuff and we laugh. Because he's a jerk and I'm an ass, so it works like that. Her fiance hasn't gotten to the point of being able to joke about it, so she gets mad when he says stuff to her. And he says things in a really jerky way, so I would be mad too. Like he thinks he's hilarious put he really owes money to the douche-bag jar. LOL. So I was on the phone with her yesterday and she was telling me all this and I was like .... YOU'RE HOME FROM WORK, YOU JUST NEED TO SHUT UP AND DO IT! STOP WHINING AND JOIN THE FORKING CLUB! I do this stuff everyday, literally ALL day long. It never ends, it never gets better. There is always laundry, there are always dishes, someone is always hungry, there is always a toilet to be cleaned or a floor to be swept, just suck it up and DO IT! You have to do it for him because he won't do it. Stop complaining about it and just do it.

I've earned complaining about my husband, we've been together for 4 years, lived together for 3 of them and I clean up after him everyday. Her and her fiance have only been together for a year, she hasn't earned the right to complain yet, at least not in my book! And they've only lived together one on one for a week! She hasn't earned her stripes yet! LOL I know there are people who have been married longer than I have, and are older than I am, but in my house its 1955 and I'm doing it right! hahaha.

But sometimes she just baffles me. I'm like, I do it everyday and I have for a long time. You just have to do it. But she won't. They'll be living out of boxes for the next year. Makes no sense to me. Sometimes I just want to slap people.

Morgan, I really do understand you, people are so good at moaning about everything but never talk about it sensibly and never just get on with it. You´re right, how can they live out of boxes when it would be just so much easier to get the stuff unpacked and out of the way. It´s really difficult sometimes with friends to know how far to go and how much you can say.

I went with a friend to the hospital for an operation on Wednesday as I have to go to translate for her as she doesn´t speak Spanish. We had to be there at 7.30 in the morning as she was first on the lists. Her daughter who lives over here and does work, couldn´t even be bothered to take half a day off to go to the hospital with mom and be there for her. In the end, they couldn´t operate as her gall bladder which they were going to remove was too swollen so they discharged her the same day and they have to do more tests to see what the cause was. I ended up driving her home as well as she wasn´t well enough to drive her own car. The daughter didn´t even go see her that evening after work and she didn´t arrange to have mom´s car picked up either. So my friend came back with me the next afternoon to pick up her car and then ended up doing errands for the daughter. It just makes me so mad when this happens. I really felt like going down to see her daughter and say WTF is the matter with you, you mom´s just had a serious op and you don´t see to give a s**t. But I can´t say anything to my friend as she´ll say it doesn´t matter and she´ll get annoyed with me.

My little rant over but yes, I totally am in tune with you.

Chris, I would have said something to the girl! I would not stand for that. Sometimes... I really dislike people.

Like today, I went to the grocery store, like the discount one. I've just grown to hate this store now, I used to love it so much. I put all my groceries in my car and I was sitting there about to back out. I saw some people with their kids coming to the van next to my car, then they stood BEHIND my car and put drinks and ice in their cooler! I sat there for 10 freaking minutes as they wandered their fat asses around their van. Their kids were in and out of the van. Like, please, by all means put your drinks and crap in your cooler before you get to wherever you're going, but don't be inconsiderate to others trying to back out! It was like a lady, two kids, and three men and they were all gross. The guys were staring at me and being creepy. I don't like men, I don't like when they stare at me or even say hello. Especially when they're 400 lbs of disgusting. I was like don't effing look at me!
Then finally the creepiest of the guys had the balls to motion me to back up, like I was ALLOWED to back up then. Because they were done doing whatever. I would have backed out sooner, but their kids were all over the place and I didn't want to hit a redneck kid.

Sometimes I hate people.

I just pressure washed my house and my outdoor furniture. The kids stuff that was outside got cleaned too! I'm filthy! I have some stuff to do in the house. I'm tired though! LOL I don't think I've actually had any coffee today! I started the day really early, with grocery stores and then taking AJ to my MIL. I might make myself an iced coffee when I go to throw a chicken in the oven. My husband is playing in a disc golf tournament today. So I'm hoping to cook a chicken before I have to go get him and then come home and heat it up when we get back home. LOL

Yay for doing stuff! I've been so productive today! Hopefully tomorrow I'll be productive too.

I agree with you, your friend should do the work since she is home. Our house is like the 50's as well. I do the house, the animals, the kids and most of the yard. Not because hubby isn't willing to do it or to help but because I am home all day while he is at work. When we moved I packed up everything in the house and the garage and moved almost all of it myself while he was at work. I also cleaned both houses spotless and did the unpacking, all while he was at work. Now my husband does pick up after himself. Like if he brings something from the bedroom into the den he will put it away when he is done. He also takes the dog out at night. But I do his laundry and all of that. But he also is out in the garage working after work. If he had more free time he would help more just because he feels everything should not be on my shoulders but I also feel that he shouldn't have to do most of the stuff because I am at home.

Now if we both worked outside of the home as we did before then we both feel the work at home should be shared. And that is what we did.

Too many people now just only ever think of themselves. It makes me hate people as well but there still are some good old fashioned valued people in this world. They are just fewer and farther between. Those are the people we surround ourselves with and avoid the rest the best we can.

There are still good old fashioned people in this world. My friend, isn't one of them. LOL

I'm going to rant/whine for a moment because I think I might actually cry.
So this morning, I think I might kill some animals. At 2 am, I woke up because I heard something and got up to check it out. I distinctly heard a male voice in my house, that wasn't my husbands. So I got up. There was nothing there, of course, my brain hates me. Anyway, I get downstairs and I get a whiff of poop. I was cussing to myself about the cat who did it, Smokey. She took a massive dump in my kitchen in the middle of the **** night! I was so mad. So at 2 am, I'm cleaning the floor because of her.
So then at like 4am my roosters start to crow. Holy cow, they are SO loud. We usually have the windows shut and the AC on and since we have window units, it muffles a lot of the sounds from outside. Rooster crowing included. Well, our windows are open and they're freaking loud. So from 4am until now, they've been crowing. All of them. There are 6. One will crow, then another, then 3 together and the other 3 together, then all 6 of them together in unison. They've finally stopped since I fed them. But its been hours of this!
Also the amount of food I have to feed them in ridiculous! It was probably about 3 lbs of food, that they get twice a day. So thats 6 lbs of food a day, on top of 24/7 free ranging. They are SO big! I think I finally just realized that I have giant birds in my backyard! Oh my god.

Then Ellie. This rabbit man, I just want to slap her sometimes. So every time I open my fridge, she bites at the seal at the bottom. I have to shoo her away. So this morning, I'm like trying desperately to get into my coffee creamer, but the little safety tab thing is being a pain in the butt. As I'm trying to get into it, Ellie is below me eating dog food. So I'm shooing her away with my foot and fighting with the creamer. I was about to scream! All I wanted was a freaking cup of coffee! Slept like crap for the second or third night in a row, I've lost count. Had to listen to roosters crowing all morning, fed all my animals, made AJ and my husband breakfast, so I feel like I should get to drink my mother-f'ing coffee in peace!

Okay, I'm better now. Thanks for listening.

I totally neglected my house stuff yesterday, made a huge mess with dinner and didn't clean it up last night because I was so tired. So today I have a lot of stuff to do. hahaha. But yesterday, my hub was finishing the last 2 rounds of his disc golf tournament. I went to my moms and we took AJ to the park, went to her barber shop so she could cut someones hair, got lunch and hung out at her house until it was time for me to pick my hub up in the afternoon. AJ played at the park for like 2 hours, he had SO much fun. It was so fun to watch him too! haha. I love the park we went to, it has the rubber mulch, that is squishy when you walk on it. So when the kids fall, it pads them and they don't get hurt!

Anyway, I need like 6 cups of coffee to get me going today. Catch you guys on the flip side!

Happy Monday!

haha Morgan. Both hubby and I work so it's kind of like who ever gets to what first. He's really good about cooking since I hate doing it. He gets really excited if he finds something in the crock pot because it means he doesn't have to think about dinner. I usually wash laundry but it sits in a laundry basket until one of us works up the energy to put it away. I always deal with animals because he's not as detailed as me. He has to deal with them now that I'm gone but they always look a little rattier than normal in pictures. Shya has practically turned feral.

I had a muffin episode the other day. I understand how you feel about the coffee. You're almost homicidal until you get it.

So my friend that is getting married next month. We're in a fight right now and I realized that I've out grown her.
I just don't care anymore. She's a crappy friend because shes selfish and she acts like she's the only one to do anything, like move in with a boyfriend or get married. So as much as it makes me a crappy friend, I just don't want to be in her wedding anymore. I'm not going to the bachlorette party this weekend because its not my thing and I just don't want to be in the wedding to deal with that.
Not to mention, shes lazy and she doesn't listen to me. She doesn't want to do anything for her fiance and doesn't want to clean her own house, just wants to live out of boxes and brush her teeth in the kitchen. Or leave a 3 foot pile of dirty clothes and towels behind the bathroom door so you can only open the bathroom door half way. I don't need that negativity in my life, her disgusting house is negative and I don't need it.
So I just want to leave her with her controlling 12 year old soon to be husband and watch it crash and burn.
Not to mention, my bridesmaid dress is WAY too big and I don't think they'll be able to take it in enough to fit. Or it might not look right because it has to be altered so much.

And she never thanked me for doing all that I did for the shower. Her mom thanked me, but she never did. All the money I spent, all the hours I stayed awake doing it, the hour and a half LATE she was for her own shower. She never said thank you and I think thats freaking RUDE!

On an Ellie related note, she's lazy. She stays stretched out in different places in the kitchen during the day and doesn't play much or do anything. She's like the fattest laziest rabbit ever. She even stays flopped out to eat! She will lay on cardboard or paper and stretched out and chew on it like that. LOL Its insane how lazy she is. She can't even be bothered to put her head up when I come into the kitchen. Hahahaha. She plays with me in the morning, bites my pants, binkies and popcorns around. Then she eats and lays down and stays laying down all day long! LOL Fat and lazy.

And another thing, when a person chooses Jersey Knit sheets over sheets made in the Middle East. I don't need that sort of negativity in my life!
What adult picks sheets that feel like a t-shirt opposed to sheets that were hand made by Egyptian people? Not an adult with good taste!

If she´s not bringing anything to your life, maybe it is time to cut her loose. I think some friendships just have a shelf life and you maybe need each other for a reason and suddenly that reason disappears. I hate people who ask your opinion and then do exactly the opposite. A bit like my friend who had the operation who, at times, acts like she´s a teenager. Do I really need to tell you that 3 days after a serious op with open wounds, you should not be on the beach.

I think if you feel happy with what you´re doing, just go ahead.

I get really annoyed some days with my friends who only call when they need me to do something for them and I never complain but if I do get a bit short with them some days, it´s me that´s the miserable bitch. I tell you sometimes, I much prefer animals, they´re so much easier.

Ellie sounds a bit like mine at the moment. They seem to spend most of the afternoon stretched out and not doing much, probably the heat. She does like a real character though, lying down to eat, she´ll be having you hand feeding her next.

I am sorry to hear about the situation with your friend. It may not be easy to walk away from someone but sometimes it is for the best. And yes sometimes people do grow apart. Or one person grows and the other doesn't.

Well at least she is not eating any more major appliances. Ha!

Sorry things have soured with your friend. If the friendship is full of negatives, it doesn't seem like the best thing to continue with. You have to do what's best for you.

Haha. Ellie's a crackup! Can you blame her. She's got a nice cushy life, she's just enjoying it :)

Latest posts

Back