My Heart's on Fire for Elvira

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, photobucket hates me. It won't save the pictures that I edit and it just leaves them the same as they were when I took them. Its so freaking annoying.
The last picture, I want to apologize for the gross hay/fur combo between that cabinet and my washing machine. That is my hay/dog food cabinet, the hay always falls out. I didn't realize it was that bad until I saw the picture. That is a hidden spot. Ugh, its gross.

Oh gosh Morgan I wouldn't even have noticed if you hadnt said anything, I still don't see it, I only see Elvira!

Good grief her bunny butt pic is the one that made me squee!! Cuteness!!!

I agree rabbits are hard to photograph. I never get good ones of mine either. But these are so cute and her face is just precious! Oh how fun we are all going to have watching her grow :)

Oh and yes, joes mustache is classic. I hadn't watched anything of theirs in awhile and their outfits, boots, hair and mustaches really take me back in time :)

Oh I love their boots too, but those beards and mustaches warm my heart!
OMG my son is trying to hit my cats with his push along popper thing! He's making me crazy today, he needs to go to grandma's and bother her!

She is a total cutie. She is such a beggar too! Every time I go into the kitchen she is begging me to let her out of her cage. But when I let her out, she just goes straight to Foo's cage. Unless I sit in the floor then she comes and sits in my lap and licks my hands. lol She's a goof.

THOSE ARE THE EDITED PICTURES! WTH? I must be going nuts or something! Because I swear when I originally posted them they were the unedited pictures. Now they're edited. I don't understand! Stupid technology, it confuses me. Lisa, I was wondering why you said you couldn't see all the hay and stuff in the corner of the last picture, I know why now! haha. Thats so weird.

Last edited:
I think that's a great idea. I always wish I'd taken more photos of all mine as they grew bigger each day...I do have quite a few but not nearly enough. can't wait to see Ellie periscoping, I love it when they do that. Funnily enough, Houdini is a licker, he loves licking my hands and my legs but doesn't much like my face lol. Snowy is definitely a face and nose licker, he cleans it all over. He also likes licking my clothes, wonder what they taste like.

Just noticed about Marge....ohhhhh what a shame, I was so rooting for her and she's had such a hard life. So glad she had a bit of love and compassion at the end and passed while at Silent Tears. RIP Marge, we'll miss you.

I get it now...have just listened to the song, it's great, when I hear it again, I'll think of Ellie, it's nice to have a song for her.

One last post and I'm done tonight. I just love this little cutie. The picture of her periscoping is so lovely and those little feet. I have the same trouble as you with the delay on the shutter so I've missed some great photos as, by the time it's taken it, they've moved.

Keep them coming, we're all loving her.

Omg best pictures ever :) she is adorable periscoping and I love the half white half black nosemouth area she's got going on. She's a keeper!
I've never heard the song but I will listen to it later I'm too tired at the moment :/

Yeah, the problem is that rabbits are always moving around, especially babies, and it's hard to catch the moment unless your camera is really fast. I don't know how many times I've gone to snap a photo and just caught a blur as they move, or a bunny butt :)

I just love Ellie! She's got this grown up rabbit head and ears stuck on this itty bitty baby body. It's so cute :)

I just love Ellie! She's got this grown up rabbit head and ears stuck on this itty bitty baby body. It's so cute :)

I know! I noticed that earlier when I looked back at the picture to edit. She only looks like her head is that big when she's standing up, lol.
I'll be honest, I think big heads run in my household. My son has a big head too, and my husband. hahahahaha.
Her ears are pretty big though! I love her big ears. I hope they stay big!

Nala was the same way as a baby, SO much attitude and personality in such a tiny little bunny! she's still pretty small even full grown, and still has just as much attitude... but it was even cuter at 7 weeks old. that teeny-tiny baby phase < 12 weeks (when they've suddenly grown a ton) is such a delight!

Thanks everyone. I'm glad y'all like her! I think I like her too. She is so spunky and definitely has her own little personality. Where Foo was calm and totally laid back, this bun is crazy! hahah. She is so full of energy.

Last night was very cold here and I let the fire die! Bad idea. ahaha
I left Ellie with her little heating pad last night, I think she laid on it but she was eating when I went to bed. So this morning when I went in there she looked cold! I warmed up her heating pad and she was at the door of the cage as I put it back. I set it on her ears so she could feel the warmth, I put it in her box and wrapped it up in her blanket. She jumped right on it and laid down! lol she WAS cold. I'm so glad I made that little thing for her, its basically the size of her, but if she gets too warm she can just move. I'm glad she knows what it is now, and hopefully she'll lay on it more when I put it in there.

My cat just threw up behind my f-ing tv. Like on the freaking stand. I hate cats.

aww, that's so cute that she was snuggling with her rice sock!

gotta say, one thing I *really* don't miss going from cats to bunnies (as much as my last kitty was my heart kitty) is the barfing up hairballs all over the place. mine had an attraction towards carpet... particularly carpet that was mere *inches* from where the floor turned into tile. I was always demanding to know "why couldn't you have barfed that up six inches that way??"

lmao. YES! My cat throws up on things, never on the floor. She likes places like the couch, ME, the tv stand, on blankets, my son's crib one time. Its such BS. I'm like, I have 2 rugs in my WHOLE house and the rest is hardwoods, stop throwing up on my things! I was sleeping on the couch one night and she was laying on me and threw up ON ME. I thought I was dreaming, then I woke up and realized I wasn't. I was livid that night. Sometimes I just don't understand them!

Ughh, enough about cat puke now. I just grossed myself out. lmfao.

BACK TO THE LAND OF RABBITS:
I just gave Ellie like half of a 1/4 cup of pellets. I'll give her the other half tonight. I can't wait for the Sherwood to get here, I think it will be tomorrow since my mail has already run today. That way, I can start giving her the better pellets and weaning her off the kaytee. I'll feel so much more comfortable giving her the Sherwood opposed to the Kaytee. She is a pellet monster though. She just eats them all at once, so I know there won't be any free feeding of those! haha. She would be as big as a house. So I'll have to be careful to measure out the amount of pellets for her. Hopefully once she realizes she gets them as more than just a treat, she won't be eating them so fast. I may just sit with her and feed her the pellets by hand every meal, but that seems a little time consuming and what if I'm not here? lol I do feed her at least one meal of pellets by hand a day. Its good bonding. She sat on my lap last night and ate her pellets. Then she took a brief rest in my lap and let me pet her. It was really nice. She is already so different from Foo. Foo never scarfed down pellets like that, she would have some left over from a 1/4 of a cup, thats not a lot of pellets anyway.
Ellie doesn't like to be held, at all. I'll have to work on her with that, but she likes to be on me. Which I like. Hopefully she'll get more used to being held. I try to pick her up all the time to let her know its okay. I pick her up like 100 times a day. She'll get used to it. She seems to have settled in pretty well now, I think she's pretty comfy. She is still terrified of my cats and dog, but she'll get used to them and probably feel better about them when she's bigger.

yeah, I picked up my rabbits all the time as babies... they don't love it by any means, but they certainly tolerate it nicely. sometimes I get thumps when they know it's coming, but not always - I picked them up over a dozen times each while we were outside today, to return them to the start of the agility course, and they ran a few times but mostly just let me walk over and scoop them up.

hand-feeding pellets is definitely good bonding. last night, I put pellets in the bowl and Nala started scarfing them down but Gazzles sat up on the landing in the condo (right above the pellet bowl) and stared at me like "where's mine??" and shoved her little "eeyore" face into the NIC grid, lol. I hand-fed a whole bunch of pellets while she hungrily shoved her face into the grid again and again, eager to get at them :p

I love when they shove their faces through the bars of their cages. Its so funny. Ellie does it and Foo did it, its one of my favorite rabbit behaviors.

Ellie has learned today, how to jump onto of the grid of her litter box and then on top of her little box house. I walked in and she was on top of the house, I scared her and she jumped down like she wasn't supposed to be up there. lol She is a bun who definitely needs levels in her cage. I hope I get some NIC grids for Christmas. lol

I just love hearing about her, well about them all. Mine also love jumping up on top of their cages. I've also found them up on the table more than once, my fault as I left the chair just slightly out and that's all they needed.

Bandy a barfer...he's a rabbit dustbin, he would eat 24 hours a day if he could. I have to be careful when I feed them and make sure they eat separately as if not, the other two wouldn't get anything. I laughed tonight as I went ot feed them before I left and Bandy jumped out to eat with Snowy. He scoffed nearly all of his pellets and half of his veggies then went to his own cage and started to eat again....cheeky sod. I had to take half of his pellets and veggies for Snowy or he'd have got nothing to eat.

Houdini is a slow eater and he often leaves pellets and veggies for later. he's the one who sticks his little head through the bars when I go find the food and dashes about as I put it in his bowl. He's goes mad as though he never eats...

Ellie sounds as though she's got a good appetite which is good, she'll be growing in no time.

Latest posts

Back