My Heart's on Fire for Elvira

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What Denise said! Once some dogs figure out the couch and that food comes like clockwork they tame right up! You'll catch her soon. I bet your a lot more stubborn then she is :eek:hnoyoudidnt:

So no more roosters at all? Like no more Big Boy? You're free to move about your property and yell at the flowers without molestation? How does that feel?

Block leave in July!! What are you doing? And whats the closest airport?

Yes I'm free to walk out into my yard and chicken coop without riot gear on! Tell you the truth, its sad. I miss them, I miss their crowing in the morning. The first few mornings were really difficult. But its okay. I have my girls now and I really love them! Hopefully I can talk my husband in allowing me a few more.

Yeah, I know Orphan Annie will love it here once I get her. I just hope I get her soon!

I'll be here! We don't go anywhere! Well, we are going on a vacation, like a long weekend at the end of June to the NC mountains. But other than that, we are homebodies!
Charlotte is the closest airport, code: CLT. About 30 minutes away from me and I know the drive like the back of my hand. So, you let me know when you're arriving and I'll be there holding the sign! Thats exciting! I hope you do come down here! Bring the whole family, animals, husbands, the whole shabang! You'd have to bring Omar though, my husband would need someone to compare notes with. LOL

In other news, I don't know if I mentioned it. But we've cleared out and tilled up a HUGE area for our garden this summer. Since I no longer eat meat, we spend a right fortune on vegetables! So we're growing everything we need for the summer! Its exciting. And it will give me something more to do, and a good reason to spend the whole day outside.

Happy Wednesday! I'm eating my oatmeal and drinking my coffee, day is starting!

I got my sea grass mat today! I put it down for Ellie and shes already started to nibble on it! It looks pretty good in my kitchen and its edible. LOL I guess when you have house rabbits, everything has to be edible for them. Thankfully it wasn't that expensive for the mat, $25 with shipping. Its totally worth it, because it will take her a long time to chew all the way through it! hahah.

I'll take some pictures of it. I love it!

Ellie had to sleep in her cage last night. We were trying to watch Game of Thrones and shes trying to destroy my stove! I have my trash can and recycling in front of the cord that is the power supply to my stove. So I'm trying to block it off, not working, she can move anything. I'm telling her that I just bought her this dang rug that she needs to chew on and lay on. I get out a new box, which I thought was new and it turns out shes eaten the bottom of it, so my husband and I laughed about that. Then put some raisins in this 2.5 dozen egg flat, that occupied her for like 2.4 seconds till she found all the raisins and ran back to chew on my dang cord.
I ran in and stomped her into her cage. I thought that sussed it, it did not.

So extreme measures had to be taken. She had to go into her cage. She was not happy. I put food/water and a litter box in there for her, and she was pissed! She spent the whole night in there too, because shes untrustworthy right now.
I let her out this morning and even still, shes tried to go back to that spot! If she kills my stove, I may kill her.

Its STILL so cold here. ITs only 36° right now. I'm about to lose my mind. Like seriously. It should be in the 60's during the day already, but now its not! And it rained all day yesterday and all night last night and my yard looks like a river is running through it. The pond is over flowing, and the chickens are wet. I HATE WINTER.

I have cabin fever and I'm to relied upon by living things. LOL I think I might need a quiet, solitary vacation. For just like, a day. LOL Where is warm and sunny and there isn't something meowing at me or asking me what I'm doing.
We've just been cooped up in here and I HATE IT.

Did I mention that I HATE WINTER? hahhahaha.

Happy Friday! I have to bunny proof my recycling and stove. Actually, she can just get into my cardboard recycling. And I have to clean her cage and my kitchen, its covered in hay and bits of cardboard.

Well, I just went into the kitchen to get my oatmeal and coffee and she was trying to get back there again. So I just dumped my whole paper recycling bucket over, for her to eat to her little rabbit hearts content. LOL

Happy Friday, again!

It must be something to do with this horrible, never ending winter! Yah, I'm right there with you, I hate it! Right now we are getting the rain you had just gotten. How is a person supposed to be motivated and accomplish all the work their is when it's cold, rainy and grey. I just want to sleep!

I just got done locking the girls back up because Laverne chewed a hole in the carpet. There is no stopping her when she is determined so the only choice is confinement.

You should be getting some warm weather soon. It will be nice to clean litter boxes and what not outside without freezing. Do you have well water? Is it like ours and 1 degree away from being ice? Brrrr...

Can't even imagine what you guys have. It was beautiful today here, about 20°C and really quite warm. I had the door to the balcony open all afternoon. I only see snow on the mountain range of Sierra Nevada in Granada. Sounds like the girls are keeping you both busy, think I prefer boys lol. Took a photo of the little town in the mountains I had to go to today. As usual the person I needed to see wasn't there so all the way back there on Monday. I do miss the lovely winter scenes sometimes and the cold tap water but you can keep the rain and miserable days :p

This is for you Morgan, a typical andalusian village called Ojen not far from Marbella. :)

1394223196186.jpg

That village is pretty cool Chris! Are all the shops and flats stuffed in there? Its so weird to see things like that, since we're so spread out here. But I think my favorite thing about villages like that, is they build into the mountain and have a relatively small foot print.

I wish it was warm already. Its supposed to be warm today, which will be a nice. Then this week its supposed to be in the 60's all week. Thats pretty exciting!

Today we're going the shopping for the boy. I got all his too small clothes pulled out yesterday, to take to the consignment shop to get store credit or money to buy him some new summer stuff. And he needs some summer shoes and sneakers. And then we're going to get him some toys. I want to get him some playdough and some Lincoln logs, I think those are great things for a boy! LOL

Anyway! Happy Saturday! I hope everyone has a great day!

So I guess I should update and let everyone know how Ellie is. She seems to have made a full recovery.

I think I went to the vets office last Tuesday. I gave her fluids till Saturday and her gut motility meds till Saturday night. Then Sunday she started eating on her own again. But from Tuesday to Saturday night, she was still barely eating on her own. No hay, little veggies. I was having to throw her wilted greens away. Then I found that she REALLY likes green leaf lettuce, so I gave her some more of that that seemed to help. Then she started pooping more from Friday to Sunday. Then Sunday morning I put her little scoop of pellets in her bowl and she **** near bit my hand off! I didn't give her fluids, because I wanted to see how it was going to go that day and I waited for the gut meds too. I gave her her greens and she ate them, then later that day I saw her in the hay box eating tons of hay. Checked her box, totally filled with pee and poop. So I decided not to give her any more meds or fluids. I put them away to save for a later date.

So now, shes getting 2 tablespoons of pellets a day, that works out of 1/8th a cup. I don't have a measurer for that, so tablespoons it is! And shes getting all the greens and herbs her little body can take! I figured since we were basically starting over with her stomach anyway, I would put different greens together. So she got cilantro and green leaf lettuce at the same time, then some parsley. She really likes all of them. So far, no mushy poops or anything like that. Which is great! And I introduced her to basil last night, just a tiny bit and a bigger bit this morning. She seems to really like that. Foo never liked basil.

Anyway, her behavior seems back to normal. She tried to bite me today, so thats pretty correct for her. LOL Shes eating a TON more hay too, this weekend I'm going to pick up some different kinds to make things interesting for her. And tonight I have to get her some more greens/herbs.

I did find that warming up a towel and blanket in the dryer so they're nice and hot, help to get sub-q fluids in. She seemed to melt a little bit when I wrapped her up, then I poked the needle in and she barely moved. So warm blankets help!

I still could barely force feed her though. I had to use a tiny syringe to get anything into her mouth. Shes so difficult! And I know she was so sore from being poked with a needle in a different place each day. Poor thing.

Anyway! Thought I would share!
Happy Wednesday!

Thanks so much for the update on Ellie! So glad she is doing better!!!! My girls just tried some of the pet store cat wheat grass & loved it! My girls are picky & mostly like their herbs, cilantro being their favorite. Take care of yourself too & keep us updated! Bunny hugs to you & Morgan!

So glad to see Ellie's feeling loads better, poorly bunnies are such a worry. Mine love basil and you should try her with dill, that's another of their faves. I have loads of greens in my fridge as that's all he is eating right now and he will eat whatever I give him. I am not great giving injections but it's the fourth today so it's becoming routine. Give her a big kiss for me

So I think someone dumped a cat at my door last night. UGH. :foreheadsmack:
I was on the phone with my dad and I walk outside to stand in on the front step to talk to him and I see Bronco the barn cat and then another black and white cat that I had never seen. So it ran under the car. I squated down to see if I could see it and out of reflex snapped my fingers and it freaking came to me!
Hes this big black and white cat, long haired and really pretty! I ran in the front room of the house and told my husband that there was a strange cat outside, and I was grabbing Bronco's food bowl. The cat tried to come in! I was like oh god its trying to come in! My husband was like, let it?! I didn't. I called me mom, because I'm a child. LOL
So I decided that he could stay in the kennel in the front room. I put some food and water and a litter box in there and let him relax for a little while. Then I had to give him a once over, since I felt some mats on the back of his neck while I was petting him. They're just fur mats, no wounds. And I think its a boy. I sat with him for like 20 minutes last night, I sat in the floor and he laid in the dog bed next to me! My hub was like, "maybe you should leave it alone?" I was like, "come and look at him, hes the calmest cat I've ever seen!" He came into the room and my hub was "holy crap, he looks comfortable!"

So he slept in the big kennel and didn't make a peep for the whole night. I put the dog bed in there for him. He did knock over the water, but thats not the end of the world. And he pooped in the box! I think he knocked the water over while scratching to cover the poop. But the poop smells TERRIBLE! And it wasn't a formed poop, it was a big blob. Like he hasn't eaten a decent meal in a while. Poor boy!

I let him out of the kennel and put the litter box outside, I'm going to change it when I'm done with this. And I opened a window because the smell is that bad. He's now laying in the window!

So I'm going to check around the neighborhood thats behind us, this weekend and see if hes any of their cats. But I don't think that he is. Hes dirty, and his feet are dirty, fur is matted. And where he should be white, its not white, its brownish.
And if I can't find his home, I'm going to take him to the vet for a once over, take him to have him neutered and then he can be my second barn cat because neutering will take away the urge to wonder. Hopefully it all works out!

Either way, I don't mind having him here. My husband might have something else to say, but if I can't find his home, then hes got to stay.
And my husband called me the Pied Piper of Cats last night. At first he thought my mom was the Pied Piper of Cats, then he realized, it was me. When I walked through the front door with three cats running passed me. Pied Piper of Cats. LOL

Happy Friday! HAve a great weekend everyone!

So you have another cat. He sounds very nice. I know I prefer the clam, friendly ones over the standoffish ones or the just plain crazy ones. I just heard on the news the other day of a family who's cat went after them. They locked themselves in a room and called 911.

I sometimes feel like the crazy cat lady. Whenever I go out into the side of the garage the cats are in right now they all come over for pets. They'll go to hubby at times but with me they always come over.

If the cat isn't skinny I wonder if someone could have been feeding him canned cat food. When the kittens were old enough I started them on that as well as using it at times to get them to come when I needed them to. I would pop the top and everyone would come running. Of course, I had to give Isabella some as well. For the short time they were eating it her poops got soft and stunk to high heaven.

Poor kitty! Glad he/she found you! I have a cat that was evidently abused/mistreated by either their original family & people who saw him/her around. He is terrified of people but comes to my house for dry cat food. He will move off to "his" safe distance when I take food out for him each night. If anyone drives up or other person comes near my house he takes off like a rocket. He "growls" if start to get to close & runs. He won't come in the house for food. I continue to feed him & respect his space. He's "fatten" up since I have been feeding him. I feel so sorry for him being so afraid & not having the physical loving contact but I show him human love by feeding him & respecting his fear & respect his need of his personal comfort zone.

Sounds like you have a second barn cat, Morgan! He/she is one lucky cat! Good cat food & possibly deworming will help with the poop.

Enjoy this lovely weather we have today! As soon as I finish up here, I'm taking Faith & Hope outside for a nice grooming session! Hope you, Ellie & all your furry & human family have a great day & enjoy the nice weather while we have it!

His name is Stanley! AJ named him today! So far he has followed me out to the chicken coop and then back to the house. And out to the litter box dumping area, where he went pee outside! And now hes sleeping in the sunshine.

Hes such a sweet cat. I need to groom him later, he needs to be brushed and his mats need to be cut out.

A big welcome to Stanley & a big "hi" to AJ! Please give Stanley a little chin rub for me! :inlove:

He sound lovely, glad he's settling in really quickly, you really are the Pied Piper of cats haha. Love the name as well, clever AJ. I hope you never have an elephant turning up at your door, I am sure you would take it in lol.

Chris & Morgan, if the elephant does show up at your door, please send him to my house! lol Love elephants! Unfortunately my house & property is a wee bit too small for an elephant! lol But if I could I would love an elephant! They are amazing animals!

I saw a show once. A long time ago on an island there were miniature elephants because most things on island tend to stay smaller in size due to limited food and space. I sooooo wish they were still around because I would just have to have one, they are such wonderful and intelligent and feeling animals.

I love elephants, they are such noble creatures, family orientated and look after their young and old. We could learn such a lot from them.

Latest posts

Back