My gosh!!! Maternity ward???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Razz !!!

Could you send Seb to me here ??? The girls can do with a man around the house.

RaspberrySwirl wrote:
PriorityMail.jpg

:waiting:

~Emily and the fuzzbutts~

Nothing, folks.:(I don't know what's going on--IF she's due, WHEN she's due...gypsy gave me an idea to try and check.

When she came, she looked really really pregnant, like you saw in thepics. Now I don't know!!! Still a hard bulgy belly--but is that normalfor her? Man, I don't know. To make things more complicated, she'sfilling out in the hips, making her belly not look as prominent. She'smade two what look like nests, but smushed 'em both.

Grrrr. I don't know what to tell you all. But here's an idea, andgypsyhas to givethis the real final yes or no: ifshe's not pregnant, I can breed her back to Bub right before I ship herto gypsy. The only thing is I'll miss out on babies.:(

So folks, me disappointed. I don't know what's going on.

But hey, she's happy and friendly like you wouldn't believe.

Rose

Hi Rose : whata frustrating time huh . Didyou try the tapping trick and what was the verdict ? Tail up ortail down ?

I should Share what Ihave been toying with on theIdea of Tail up or Tail down . I sharedit with Rose as a wayto tell Possable Pregnancy andhave found it to work 9 out of 10 times .Took me a bit to perfect it and the onlyONE out of 10 does it gave me a falsereading . I figured this trick out Afterthe last incident .

Tapping at the base of the tailwith a Doe you think is readyto breed : If She is ready to Breedthe slight Tapping sensationwill bring her tail up and to the side ,9 out of 10 does went tail upevery time . The 10 doe ( dutch naturally ) Tail wentup but Kindled 2 weeks later . I havebeen trying this theory out onmostly Does I know ARE NOTpregnant and the Tail goes up every time. The One Doe who I knewwas pregnant, I tried it on andher tail went down and shebolted for her hutch . It may not be veryScientific but it seems to work, well maybe not everytime on aDutch lol . always gotta be onein every crowd . The Doe whos tailwent down and bolted was a Standard Rexand She kindled 11 babies with10 surviving .

If she isnt pregnant I wouldprefer to have her not bred yet , that waythe Vet will have an easiertime with her , Exrays wont bea factor not pregnant , I wouldworry as Iwant that Shoulderchecked to see whathad happened . travel might bea bit easier on her also . Iwill tell you tho its hard to resistBubber babies . I do have a Golden Buckcoming from up North,with a totallyunrelated blood line . Which could prodeceNice Kits . I am hoping , Ihavent see Him yet .

Rose if You want toPut them together And see Ifshe accpets Him , ( which willtell if she is pregnant truely or not i think ,with her history its hard tosay ) Go ahead. I really would like toknow one way or the other, andIf she is going to be astinker either way , thenaturally she will keep usGuessing LOL .

Gypsy, I don't know if I didn't it right, buther tail didn't budge. I am horrible at palpating--when Iz was preggersI never felt a thing until voila! five babies! And Iz is so tolerantshe doesn't run when I do that. Unlike Tank the wiggle butt.:p

Here's the other possibility: her belly feels different than Izzy orPandemonium. What if she's just not as far along as we thought? Wereally have no clue.

I'm going to just wait it out. I haven't had her in quarantine longenough to want to put her with Bub, so let's just say: whatever worksoutis fine. She's beautiful, healthy, and SO happy. It's sucha change that I can't be disappointed, babies or no.

You'll be happy too, gypsy. She's doing marvelous.

Rose

It sounds like tome that her just being out of those awful circumstances is such ablessing. I find it difficult to believe the people who owned her couldremember when/if she was with a buck when they couldn't evenremember if she was still alive when Rose first contacted them...

I think you are right Gypsy. It would behard to turn down Bub babies, but not knowing her over all health andcondition, seems it would be smart to wait on breeding again. And Roseis right, she shouldn't be near Bub yet.

If she surprises us with babies it willbe like the icing on the cake, but for now we can all celebrate in thefact that she is out of that Hell hole and on her way to a brand newlife! :)

Raspberry

I whole heartedlyagree . Just being with Rose is aBlessing in itself , ANd Razz yourright Babies would be the icingonthe cake , buticing I would rather not have ifit is going to jepordize her health andgeneral well being , Plenty of timefor babies later .

Don't give up yet, folks! This morning what do Ifind but really big nipples!:shock:I think we may havemiscalculated her due date. Also, she doesn't look as obvious becauseher hips are filling in so it's not skinny and then BELLY. She justlooks more all-around big. Talked to the breeder, whosaid shecould be earlier in her term than we thought. Also, that her bellywasn't normally bulgy.

She's not acting miserable anymore, but it's now really cooloutside--so of course she'd have more energy. Also, she's been eatingoats.:p

Anyway, I'm still keeping an eye out. Gypsy, don't worry about teatinfection, ALL the nipples are bigger, not just one. That was my firstthought, anyway.

We had false alarms last summer too, and just when I gave up.....BABIES! So let's see what happens.

Rose

Sounds good Rose :we have plenty of time left yet ,lets see what she does and wecan go from there .
Did the Breeder have any thoughts as to how faralong she may be . I just can notphathom why she wouldnt write this s tuffdown , common sense say youbreed you writeit down so you know whento put in nest box and when theexpected due date isgeesh :disgust:

Oh, I have to admit that yesterday, I wasfeeling disappointed, but my spirits are somewhat elevatedtoday. I am so glad that no matter what, Tank is in a betterliving situation.

Jen

gypsy wrote:
Sounds good Rose :we have plenty of time left yet ,lets see what she does and wecan go from there .
Did the Breeder have any thoughts as to how faralong she may be . I just can notphathom why she wouldnt write this s tuffdown , common sense say youbreed you writeit down so you know whento put in nest box and when theexpected due date isgeesh :disgust:
Well, they have box-hutches instead of nestboxes there, so I guess shefigured Tank'd just make a nest in there. No, she had no idea. Anywherefrom 2 1/2 to 4 wks. along. But from thesize of her nipplestoday, I'm guessing something's going on. I felt Izzy in comparison(and she's had a litter), and they were about half the size. I knowIzzy's smaller, but even when you take proportions into account theyare big.

Jen, I was disappointed too, but now I think she's playing games with us.:p

Rose

rabbitgirl wrote:
Jen, I was disappointed too, but now I think she's playing games with us.:p

Rose
Now that girl needs a talking to...doesn't she realize that playinggames with people isn't very nice? LOL Silly Tank!

Jen

Today she cheerfully hopped out of the cage butdidn't want to come back in because her belly hit the edge. So I put atowel over the edge to make it easier. She spent so much time fightingthe towel that I finally took it away and left it to her to figure outhow to get in. She did.:p

Rose

Latest posts

Back