My Giant Flemish gave birth to....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mystical

Reaction score
9 babies. I did not know she was pregnant. I was surprised when I saw this morning in her pen she had torn out her hair and low and behold it was moving. I found 5 that had passed and 4 alive. I am worried about her and the babies. She is a little over 2 years old, and this is her first liter. The Father is a New Jersey Wooly who is around 2 also from what I have been told. What a combination, I am curious as to what they will look like if they make it. I am also worried about my doe. She is a good rabbit. Any advice or comments? The babies are tiny.

Well, your doe has the worst behind her, what she needs now is rest, quiet and peace, and lots of food. She'll be fine, I'm sure, seems to have good instincts. That 5 didn't make it, well, that kind of thing happens, and first timers are somewhat more prone to problems like that.

The buck is seperated and locked away from her, right? If not do that ASAP, and expect another litter in 4 weeks.

The buck is away from her. In another house, actually. Do you think she will be okay? Should I go ahead and pick up the other 4 when I get home from work to see if their bellies are full? Someone told me that it was because the buck was a dwarf breed and that is why they died. Is that true? Could it be her age?

Latest posts

Back