My first bunny!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GK44

Reaction score
Hi,

I brought home my bunny last night! He is a 2 year old Black Otter Netherland. He has a small patch of chestnut brown on his back, near his neck. I find him adorable!

I got to hold him yesterday at the previous owner's place and his left eye was half closed and he was relaxing in my arms. His big, brown eyes looking at me. I gently stroked to top of his head, all down his ears as I was softly talking to him. He never tried to get away...just very laid back.

I have been reading SO much to be prepared for his homecoming. I went to the humane society and bought several things there with great bargain prices.

These pictures are from the previous owner. In one of the pictures, there are pine shavings in his cage. This was how the woman kept him. Now, there is different bedding as I know pine is unhealthy for bunnies. I'm not sure when she took the pictures.

blackotter2.jpg

blackotter.jpg

Last edited:
He is so very cute. Kiln dried pine is alright as the drying removes the phenols, but, cedar is verboten as it is very toxic and why it's used in hope chests and closets. The reddish/brown patch behind his ears is a normal color marker with the black otter. He looks a lot like our boy Stew.

Thanks!

Oh, I thought aspen would be better than pine. He's used to shavings. It hasn't been 24 hrs. yet but when I went in there to change his water, give him some pellets and place a few of his poops in his litter box (most of them were already in there), I noticed that he was sitting in the aspen shavings. Guess he likes them!

I don't have a name for him yet. I like "people" names.

Omg he sure is a gorgeous bunny. I love Netherlands and he is a very nice looking one. Congratulations!

Thank you! The previous owner used to show him. He placed very well in 2012 and 2013.

He is so adorable! If you can't get his previous owners' name for him, how about Tavish McBunBun? For some reason that name just seemed to fit in my mind. lol He is adorable whatever you name him! Congratulations!

Thank you! She used to call him "Otter Buck" because of his coloring. Her boyfriend picked it but she didn't say his name all too often. Interesting name Tauntz! Thanks for the suggestion but I'd like to go with just one name.

I thought of Rupert when I saw him. I personally have never named a pet that but for some reason he looked like a Rupert.

"Rupert" is a cute name. That one is actually on my list of 15! LOL

Awwww so cute! It's a baby too! Yeah, I just got my very first bunny on May 25th, 2013 like on a Saturday I believe. It was like 3 months old though and it was already getting pretty big by then when I first got her. She's a Lionhead :nod

Thank you! He's actually 2 years old. He was hopping around in his cage today while I was sitting in front of him today. Yesterday, his first day here, he would jump into his litter box when I walked in.

I think he is a stunning bunny! I love the name too! I also like Harry

lol, Jigzitta! Hope I didn't bring back bad memories!

Harry was also on the list (I had 15 names to choose from) but all in all I think Henry is well suited for him :)

Latest posts

Back