My female doe

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirsterz09

Reaction score
Hi all, it has been a while since I last was on the forums but, my female rabbit Autumn has started showing signs of pregnancy. She and her spayed companion Sky were put in with a recently neutered boy Cloud three weeks ago just after he'd been neutuered, as his brother rejected him. Now 3 weeks down the line Autmn our unspayed female has started showing signs of prenancy. We do not know if it is false or real and how to tell the difference. She is collecting hay in bunches and taking it to the indoor area of the hutch, she is also pulling large amounts of fur and lining the hay with it. I brought her inside and her adbodomen felt a little bloated and It seemed like a could few 1 -2 bumps on either side but as im not a expert I do not want to take this as accurate. Also while I had her inside she was making this strange low rasping/chuffing sound which, I've never heard before.
I've currently seperated her from her companions and left her in the top part of the hutch with plenty of food, water and hay, just incase.
Could anyone of you guys clarify the situation and if it sounds like she is tell me roughly when how close she is too having them?

Sounds like your Autumn might be. Since neutered males will hold sperm for a month after the operation, he could have impregnated her. Does pregnancies usually last about 30 days or a tad bit longer (36 days), so you will know real soon if it's false or true.

You did the right thing by removing her from the boys and giving her a place of her own. If you could put a nest box in there with her so that she can prepare, it would bebest so that the babiescan be safely tucked in and not scattered all over the crate. Babies do get around.

Let us knowwhat happens. Hoping it is false, but if it's a true pregnancy, hoping for an easy delivery for Mom and healthy kits.

K:)

thank you for your reply, I will get on to that straight away. I didn't know that he could still breed, vets failed to mention it, even after I asked if it was ok to put him in with her.

Latest posts

Back