My Feet HURT!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

agnesthelion

Reaction score
I'm officially"old". I've been on my feet cooking and cleaning and serving since 7am this morning. I can remember wondering, when I was younger, why people invested in massagers/footnspas. I now get it. :)

I don't want to complain though because we had an excellent thanksgiving! I cooked an 18lb turkey (stuffed and in a bag) complete with all the fixings and sides for about 17 people in my hubby's family. Everyone loved the meal. Turkey was great, and even better the GRAVY turned out really good. It was a great tday.

Archie and Agnes were moved and hidden safely in a storage room so as to avoid the constant chaos and noise. They ofncourse could not figure put what was going on and were confused but hank goodness they had each other. Every time I checked on them (when I could sneak away) they were snuggled together.....

They are now back to free run and binkying away. :)

My feet hurt yesterday too Lisa! I started cooking at 8am and cooked until 3. There were only 4 of us, but I cooked a lot of different dishes! I think I went a little overboard, we were in food comas yesterday.

I wish I had one of those foot spa things, I bet it would be awesome. When I was younger I never understood why my grandma was so tired from cooking and why she barely ate anything after she cooked all the food. But after cooking this year and two years ago, I get it now. You get up so early and stand on your feet all day and make sure everyone has what they need and make sure everything gets served right. I'm always the last one to make my plate and always the last one to finish, even during regular dinners.
But it is SO worth it. To see all the happy faces after they've eaten your delicious dinner that you cooked filled with love...thats one of the best feelings EVER!

I'm glad you had such a great Thanksgiving Lisa, I hope everyone else did too!

I know how you feel with your feet hurting! I went black Friday shopping with one of my moms work friends to get Christmas shopping done; I have never gone before this year. Was fun and exhausting. But there was no crazy people thank goodness. And aww your buns snuggled together was cute. :)

Thanks Morgan we did have a great turkey day! And yes, I was the last one to eat too and actually I barely ate! I am always too worried about everyone else getting what they need and getting my son fed that I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off :) it's okay, I enjoy hosting though!

Thanks Paige! Glad you encountered no crazies during shopping. Black friday shopping has never been my thing. Even if I wanted to go my feet still hurt too bad, haha.

Latest posts

Back