My Early Christmas Gift

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassetluv

Reaction score
My niece and nephew (who are 11 and 7) were soexcited about the idea of getting me a new rabbit after Scooby died,that I finally relented and told them they could (on the condition thatI go with them to pick one out). Raph has been missing Scooby'scompany, so a new friend for him will be a good idea, I think. So lastWednesday we did, and came home with a sweet little guy. He's supposedto be an 8-wk-old mini-rex...no name yet, but he certainly is a curiousfellow. He loves the cats, HATES the dog (LOL...I think he's giving hera complex) and he darts around the kitchen as though he owns it.

So here's a few pics of the newest member of Raph's family (ignore thebed; it's messy and unmade, but he didn't seem to care)...

Fox.jpg

Checking out the cat:

Cuteness.jpg

Trying to look taller (something I can relate to):

ImTHIStall.jpg

Can you see me?

Canyouseeme.jpg

Here I am!

Peeking.jpg

Ignoring Fritz:

Fritznbuddy.jpg

What was supposed to be a pic of the bunny...till Fritz shoved his head in front of the lens:

Fritzbuttsin.jpg

Wooooohoooo!! A funny wiggly thing to chase!

Cruisin.jpg

The End ;):

BunnyButt.jpg

How Cute! I love how your cats seem to not bebothered by the baby , These nut cases run for higher ground when I letone of the rabbits out lol.

I love the color of that mini , I cant wait to watch her/ him grow up .

Thanks everyone...I'm still working on a namefor the little guy (at least, I think he's a *he*...they didn't have aclue at the pet shop. To me he looks like a male...so far...). And forsome reason he's giving me problems in the name department. Usually Ican look at an animal and have a name for them within no time (Raph'sname came to me within 5 minutes of meeting him)...but for now I'mstumped. I guess when the time is right, a name will present itself.

But this little guy is personality plus...AND he has a HUGE appetite.Loves to eat! I've had him for two days now and he seems to recognizeme; he will run up to me when I enter the room, but with anyone else hescurries away and hides. And he loves to nudge with his nose to getattention. A real cutie, that's for sure. He reminds me of the bunniesin the Telus phone ads here in Canada. Here's a pic from one of theirads:

2006screensaver.gif

Anyway, this present is the best one I've received in ages...! :inlove:

And now I could use a bit of advice. I just wentand checked on the little guy a few moments ago, and he has diarrhea.*sigh* Should I cut back on feeding him for tonight? He's been gettingpellets and hay (the store didn't provide any food to take home forhim, so the change in brands might have caused this, I don't know).

Geez...he's been doing so well...:(

It's from the food change.

Give him nothing but hay and water and a pich of oats. Once hedries up and is pooping solid again you can slowly introduce thepellets again.

Poor Punkin. Misty and Stormy were the same way when I broughtthem home. Within 24 hours they are back to normal again.

Hope he gets to feeling better. He is a doll and has an awesome looking out for him.

Tina

If it is a boy, why not name him with an R whereif it turns out to be a girl you can revert it to a girl verson likeRobert/Roberta, Richie/Richelle, Raymie/Rae, I dunno.

As I went back up to look at some pics. It is up to you but he sure looks like a Raymie if girl Rae.

Thanks Tina...I wasn't sure whether to withholdhis pellets or not. I just took them away (he was still munching onthem a bit) and he's been nibbling on his hay and drinking, butdefinitely seems a bit out of sorts. His stool is really soft andmushy, so I've given him some oats as you recommended and will keep aclose eye on him....

Latest posts

Back