My does stomach is covered in urine?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mommylife0924

Reaction score
My rabbit is very good with going the bathroom on one side. She usually never lays in it. I noticed today that she was in her urine. I clean her cage daily. So I’m kind of confused on if this is happening for a reason or accidentally. She’s eating and drinking perfectly normal. She’s out running and playing with her tunnel perfectly normal. There hasn’t been a change to her environment or diet. She doesn’t look in pain any way possible. Her stomach still looks like she is pregnant (we thought she was) but she isn’t. She has been making like a honking noise but she does that when I am playing with her as well. I don’t know if it is a happy noise or not. Hopefully someone has advise

I cannot comment on how her pregnancy may/may not interact with what you noticed, but were you able to tell where it actually happened (i.e. in or out of where she usually pees)? Sometimes rabbits will get urine on themselves when something is going on with their bladder, making it hard to control when they pee.

She usually goes the bathroom in the corner of her cage, which is where she went this morning. I came out to clean her cage and play with her and I noticed when she came out of her cage for me to pat her that she had it on her stomach. Her cage is a huge cage she does have plenty of room to move around.

Though I'm not sure if this is connected, but how long since you thought she was pregnant? does she seem overweight? It could be making it hard for her to move around if she is thats why maybe she just likes to stay on her litterbox recently?

My oldest bun liked to sleep on her litterbox too but have separators on them so she doesn't directly lie on her pee/poop :)

Though I'm not sure if this is connected, but how long since you thought she was pregnant? does she seem overweight? It could be making it hard for her to move around if she is thats why maybe she just likes to stay on her litterbox recently?

My oldest bun liked to sleep on her litterbox too but have separators on them so she doesn't directly lie on her pee/poop :)

I thought she got pregnant immediately. So I assumed on the 25th of July (which would’ve been 30 days) that I would see kits. Not knowing she could went late. She had all the signs of pregnancy. And her belly still looks rounded and big. She has no issue hoping up and coming right to the front of the cage when she sees me or she stands up and puts her nose to it so I stick my nose in and she licks my nose. She ran around today through her tunnel and hoping around. She hasn’t ever had a wet stomach when laying down until today. That’s why I was confused. She uses a litter box outside her cage or in my house and she has a designated corner in her cage where she goes. Haha I just have no idea

I will be getting her a new cage so it’s separated for her though!

I thought she got pregnant immediately. So I assumed on the 25th of July (which would’ve been 30 days) that I would see kits. Not knowing she could went late. She had all the signs of pregnancy. And her belly still looks rounded and big. She has no issue hoping up and coming right to the front of the cage when she sees me or she stands up and puts her nose to it so I stick my nose in and she licks my nose. She ran around today through her tunnel and hoping around. She hasn’t ever had a wet stomach when laying down until today. That’s why I was confused. She uses a litter box outside her cage or in my house and she has a designated corner in her cage where she goes. Haha I just have no idea

ohh maybe she got wet from her water bowl...? unless you're absolutely sure that its from her pee? 😅

If she doesn't have a litter box in her cage, that would be what I would recommend. Then it's a very clear separation of where to pee and not.

If she doesn't have a litter box in her cage, that would be what I would recommend. Then it's a very clear separation of where to pee and not.

So I did have a litter box in her cage, she ended up using it to sleep and lay in haha. She used the other side of the cage in the corner for her to go pee/poop. I put it in the corner she usually goes in and it turned into a bed lol

Latest posts

Back