My doe is rejecting her 2 week old babies (2 of them)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kati's Holland Lops

Reaction score
Help what do I do??? She is growling
and nipping when ever they get near her I have the following does:
•one with 5, 3 week olds
• one with 1, 4 week old
Please help they are very valuable to me, of great pedigrees

Last edited:
And if that doesn't work you can hand raise them. I had to do that with two of mine. If the other does won't take them and nurse them, get some kitten replacement milk and an eye dropper and keep feeding them. I hand raised two from 4 days old after the mother died and it can be done. They are almost 2 years old now. Just remember to keep them warm and with the other litter if possible for warmth so they won't feel isolated IF you go that route. First I would try what Woah suggested above and see if you can get them fostered. That would be the best first step.

Please let us know how it goes.

Vanessa

at four and three weeks of age those kits will be fine on their own. ALL they need is hay, pellets, and a touch of oatmeal. Kits CAN be weaned (if needed) anytime after day 17 without the need for milk.

having been there done that... Most likely their moms want very much to be bred and ergo the kits are in the way. :)

Breed those does, and give them a break from their kits. :)

at four and three weeks of age those kits will be fine on their own. ALL they need is hay, pellets, and a touch of oatmeal. Kits CAN be weaned (if needed) anytime after day 17 without the need for milk.

having been there done that... Most likely their moms want very much to be bred and ergo the kits are in the way. :)

Breed those does, and give them a break from their kits. :)

Yes but these are two weeks old... not three or four week...

Vanessa

at two weeks of age the kits are coming out of the nest box and at that age they are demanding in their actions toward mom.
The growling and nipping isn't her rejecting them, it's her training them to leave her alone and wait until it's dinner time. :)

some does take it a tad bit too far, that's where close observation of doe and kits comes into play, and also intervention in the form of an overturned nest box to give mom a place to escape from the little brats. :)

Latest posts

Back