My Doe died today

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nadeem

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I had a doe which was 1 year old which i bred and gave birth 4 days ago with 3 healthy buck.
She just died suddenly this morning and this morning i even went to her she was licking me and playing with me,i went for a tea and when i came back she passed out.
I would like to know what causes this
There was some bleed around the tail which i read was normal for just giving birth rabbit for a week
Now doing my best to look after the kids
Thanks peeps

Had you noticed any change in her behavior after kindling?
After 4 days she should not have still been bleeding. Does are normally pretty good about keeping themselves and the birthing area clean.

There was no change.when she was pregnant it was a bit of upset behaviour but after giving birth she was very friendly again.she was even looking after the kids. Even when she died in the morning i look at the kid their stomach was round

1st day of giving birth she was a bit weak. But in the afternoon she was fine. She was eating everything normally. Even the morning that she died she was eating normally. I normally interact with her everyday and i know her behaviour. Very strange to me what could have happened

Am sorry for your loss. Not sure of answers. But can commiserate on your loss. I lost my 2 year old doe on Monday from giving medication, if you see my thread. :(

Am sorry for your loss. Not sure of answers. But can commiserate on your loss. I lost my 2 year old doe on Monday from giving medication, if you see my thread. :(

Sorry for your lost.thats really painfull to lose such a lovely rabbit that is your favourite.it just gonna stay deeply in my heart 4ever. No other just cant replace her

It’s hard to say without a necropsy. Sometimes new moms can develop ketosis, but you would see a behavior change and they typically stop eating, at least ours did. It’s tough, I know. Do you have another nursing doe you can foster them to?

Foster because i have another rabbit who will be due in 2 days. She also is her 1st time.
Well trying my best to foster them.
Well i wouldnt mind getting some tip out of you guys as i did a lot of research to be able to do so. Any one who can help me let me know

Foster because i have another rabbit who will be due in 2 days. She also is her 1st time.
Well trying my best to foster them.
Well i wouldnt mind getting some tip out of you guys as i did a lot of research to be able to do so. Any one who can help me let me know
Like right now im a bit worried they are five day old im giving about 3 ml of kmr per feeding
The only issue is even after feeding i can see their stomach a bit wringle
Im spending 30 mins per rabbit and i got 3

Like right now im a bit worried they are five day old im giving about 3 ml of kmr per feeding
The only issue is even after feeding i can see their stomach a bit wringle
Im spending 30 mins per rabbit and i got 3

Are you using a special formula for rabbits babies or goats milk? I've never had to feed babies before but if I did I would try using a cosmetic sponge as in this video-

Ye
Are you using a special formula for rabbits babies or goats milk? I've never had to feed babies before but if I did I would try using a cosmetic sponge as in this video-

Look great the cosmetic sponge.great idea. But today i just got a very small syringe which fit perfectly into the mouth and its been better as i reduce my time per feeding by 15 mins.
Unfortunately in mauritius the goat milk is not available and im using kitten milk replacer which ive research is fine for baby rabbits

Ye

Look great the cosmetic sponge.great idea. But today i just got a very small syringe which fit perfectly into the mouth and its been better as i reduce my time per feeding by 15 mins.
Unfortunately in mauritius the goat milk is not available and im using kitten milk replacer which ive research is fine for baby rabbits
And i just reduce the risk of milk getting into the nose which cause sneezing

It sounds like your are doing a great job and getting some milk into them- fingers crossed they all make it.

Till now they are doing really well. yersterday night i have them 6ml of milk and there stomach was round no wringle.
And this morning i gave them 3ml normal feed.and they ok.
They are back asleep.
That really good mama already did a really good nesting box for them before she passed away and mama did remove a lot of extra hair for them before she died.seem that she knew she was going away and wanted them to live

Well today the doe was due and tear her box and doesnt seem she is gonna give birth as she poo in the box and seem she made a false pregnancy.
2 weeks when she was pregnant i notice she was building her nest impatiently and pull a lot of hair.
Still today im gonna try giving her another nest box in case she...

Nadeem, how did you go? Did the doe end up giving birth? Praying the little ones continue to strive! Well done

Nadeem, how did you go? Did the doe end up giving birth? Praying the little ones continue to strive! Well done
Hi Veevee
No, today is 31 days no sign of baby from the mummy
I think she had a false pregnancy and lost a bit of weight recently

My baby which i foster is doing good so far. Trying to do my best so far. Hope everything go well.
Well i did got affected with mummy death but these babies is my only way to heal a bit of mummy.well her memories gonna be still alive 4ever..
Here are some pics of the babies
7 days old

Attachments

• 20200131_201457.jpg
    20200131_201457.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 20200131_201505.jpg
    20200131_201505.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 18
  • 20200131_201454.jpg
    20200131_201454.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 20200131_201619.jpg
    20200131_201619.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 17
  • 20200131_201509.jpg
    20200131_201509.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 20200131_201512.jpg
    20200131_201512.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 20200131_202708.jpg
    20200131_202708.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 18
Nest box that mama made

Attachments

• 20200131_201624.jpg
    20200131_201624.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 10
Hi Veevee
No, today is 31 days no sign of baby from the mummy
I think she had a false pregnancy and lost a bit of weight recently

My baby which i foster is doing good so far. Trying to do my best so far. Hope everything go well.
Well i did got affected with mummy death but these babies is my only way to heal a bit of mummy.well her memories gonna be still alive 4ever..
Here are some pics of the babies
7 days old
They are so cute. I hope they continue to thrive.

Latest posts

Back