My buns seem unhappy

Discussion in 'General Rabbit Discussion' started by bunbunbaby, Mar 10, 2005.

Help Support Rabbits Online by donating:

1. Mar 10, 2005 #1

bunbunbaby

bunbunbaby

bunbunbaby

Wehave a male DutchnamedDaisy(We thought he was a girl) and female all grey andso soft named Rosie. We had Daisy first, he is fixed, she is not. Whenwe brought Rosie home they were fine with each other, One day I camehome to find mostly gray hair everywhere. Since then Rose won't go nearDaisy, she won't eat by him, He constantly chases and bites her. Theyhave seperate cages but are next to each other. Today,I wasplaying with Daisy and he growled and bit me twice. I have noticed thatneither are eating much hay, pellets or veggies. They are going to thebathroom. Can anyone offer some advice...Thank you

2. Mar 10, 2005 #2

it almost soundslike your female may be cominginto a heat and where daisyhas been altered hemay be frustrated because thereis nothing he can do. I wouldseperate them in different rooms fora week and slowly reinroduce themto each other another alternativeis is to have thefemale spayed also i think all3 of you will be much happier ::good luck

3. Mar 10, 2005 #3

dajeti2

dajeti2

dajeti2

It sounds as though they are stressed. My mainconcern is that they are not eating as well as before. Isthere any way to put a bit more distance between the two. Maybesomething as simple as a piece of cardboard between the cagesand see ifthat helps.

I would be a bit concerned about them not really eating. Perhaps youcould get some Nutrical. Give each bunn about an inch long ribbon. Helpboost their appetites.

That's just what I would do. I hope it helps.

Tina

I missed where it said Rose wasn't spayed. Getting her spayed may alsohelp settle things down. Keep in mind that those hormones can continueto rage for about a month after shee is spayed.

4. Mar 10, 2005 #4

bunbunbaby

bunbunbaby

bunbunbaby

Thank you for the advice, I was thinking aboutmoving Rosie's cage at night so I will go ahead and move her altogetherfor a week and see what happens. Thanks again.

5. Mar 10, 2005 #5

bunbunbaby

bunbunbaby

bunbunbaby

What is Nutrical and where do I get it?

6. Mar 10, 2005 #6

gjsara

gjsara

gjsara

they are probably stressed out maybe rosie has reached puberty and is being territoial . is there any way to seperate the cages?

sara