My Bunny's weird behavior

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VanillaMarshmellUwU

Reaction score
So I'm still litter training my bunny which he is 4months old, I got him when he was 2 months old (not neutered). I think I'm half way their to success, It's his first time eating hay, he tried it last month and I'm letting him get used to eating it. Anyways from day 1 when I started litter training him, he won't eat the hay in the litter box, instead he just steps on it and won't eat it, I tried putting his favorite foods such as carrots and pellets but it won't work he will just bite it then move it so it won't get in his way, he will only eat the hay when it's outside the litter box and I give it to him by hand but he does not mind me putting his food bowl in the litter box But it did work out pretty well. What's your opinion on this?

You may need to try a BIG hay feeder. It's what worked for me.
I did and there is no one who is selling hay feeder in my province so I DIY it and it did not work, since he's not nuetured it's hard... I can't find any place to nueture him since it's rare to find a rabbit approved vet in my country since cats and dogs are super popular. I think there are some rabbit approved vet in our capital but I live in the countryside so I have no choice but to litter train him, unuetured.

Have you tried giving him a separate tray to eat his hay in? He might just be one of those picky rabbits that doesn't like to eat his hay where he pees.

Have you tried giving him a separate tray to eat his hay in? He might just be one of those picky rabbits that doesn't like to eat his hay where he pees.
Yes I did, BUT he steps, pees, and poops their. And that tray is his old litter box that was too small.

maybe try to put his hay in an edible bowl, like a willow bowl
In my province... It's rare to find rabbit materials since cats and dogs are soo popular to be house pets plus there are no rabbit toys, and hay here so I went online shopping for the playpen, chew toys, and hay. I couldn't even nueture him because there is no rabbit approved vet in my province. I'm sure there's a few rabbit approved vet in the capital but, I live In The country side ;-;

Latest posts

Back