My bunny's behavior

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking of it too that he may stress or disturbed of the noise in the household but whenever he feels super sleepy, he goes inside the bathroom and stay there for the whole day. I have a cage I bought a month ago before the lockdown however he outgrew it already. I'll try your suggestion by putting water in it. Regarding the sneeze, I have already consulted a vet and prescribed antibiotics for 7 days. My vet's initial diagnosis is Respiratory Infection. Thank you :)
No wonder he loves to sleep in the bathroom, but be careful they can easily get drowned in the closet. Bathroom is a big no for my rabbits. always keep a bowl of water where ever he is. be careful with antibiotics as it may lead to soft stool. The cage must be atleast 10 times the dimensions of a rabbit so that he can freely move around and sleep when necessary. Rabbits love dark corners of the house where they are not disturbed.

No wonder he loves to sleep in the bathroom, but be careful they can easily get drowned in the closet. Bathroom is a big no for my rabbits. always keep a bowl of water where ever he is. be careful with antibiotics as it may lead to soft stool. The cage must be atleast 10 times the dimensions of a rabbit so that he can freely move around and sleep when necessary. Rabbits love dark corners of the house where they are not disturbed.
I keep a bowl of water and hay whenever he goes to the bathroom to sleep. Currently, he's done with the antibiotics and he is taking LC vit already :) I'll buy him a cage right after this quarantine is over :) Thank you for your response :)

Reactions: Jas
I keep a bowl of water and hay whenever he goes to the bathroom to sleep. Currently, he's done with the antibiotics and he is taking LC vit already :) I'll buy him a cage right after this quarantine is over :) Thank you for your response :)

I have little idea how big or small your bun is, but if you have the time, a little bit of skills and the will, building his housing department yourself would be much better.
Typically, whatever you can get from stores is too small and not customisable enough.
With some screws, strong plywood and safe welded wires, cc grids or whatever of that sort, you can build the exact sort of enclosure you need for him. Cheaper for you, better for him!

Ohh So he does not have a place of his own to rest and sleep yet. No wonder he is sneaking in to darker places. Get him a proper cage or make one yourself if you have the material. You can even use a large cardboard boxes by cutting windows at places and an entry point.

He is free roaming at the moment, right? Why would you buy a a cage? Do you mean a large pen? Cages are a waste of money. No cage is big enough for bunnies to spend any amount of time in.

Latest posts

Back