My Bunny started nesting 3 days ago and still hasn’t her her babies!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaylaah

Reaction score
Hi! I’ve got two rabbits, a mini lop & a Dutch. We thought we bought two female bunnies but we recently discovered one is a male after we had caught them mating. We got the male desexed two weeks ago, but we were pretty certain the female was already pregnant. The mating happened 3.5 weeks ago. On Sunday 4/4/21, we saw our female bunny building a nest and pulling fur out. I’ve read online that it usually means within the 48 hours she will have babies. It is now the 7/4/21 and there’s no babies. Is there any concern here? If it was a false pregnancy, how would we tell? When should we see a vet?

Any help would be really appreciated

Just wait.
Some mixup in timing can happen, they can build nests early,some dig tunnels and build nests weeks in advance, the only way to be sure is to wait the full term, which can be quite more than 35 days. Never heard of that 48h rule, they can have pretty individual schedules. My does usually start pulling fur just in time.

Or at a false pregnancy, that is a possibility, but no sure way to tell but to wait. A pregnant rabbit is not sick, as long as nothing else is off no need to see the vet.

At 3.5 weeks it can become obvious that she's pregnant - when watching her running the belly tends to swing side to side, fat rabbits bounce back and forth like a maggot in comparison. Also they rest more, and can start to look huge. Not seeing this doesn't proof she isn't pregnant though.

Patience. Act on the assumption that she is pregnant, feed her well, offer nestbox and lots of hay, and avoid stressing her.

Good luck, either way :)

Just wait.
Some mixup in timing can happen, they can build nests early,some dig tunnels and build nests weeks in advance, the only way to be sure is to wait the full term, which can be quite more than 35 days. Never heard of that 48h rule, they can have pretty individual schedules. My does usually start pulling fur just in time.

Or at a false pregnancy, that is a possibility, but no sure way to tell but to wait. A pregnant rabbit is not sick, as long as nothing else is off no need to see the vet.

At 3.5 weeks it can become obvious that she's pregnant - when watching her running the belly tends to swing side to side, fat rabbits bounce back and forth like a maggot in comparison. Also they rest more, and can start to look huge. Not seeing this doesn't proof she isn't pregnant though.

Patience. Act on the assumption that she is pregnant, feed her well, offer nestbox and lots of hay, and avoid stressing her.

Thank you so much!!
Just wait.

Thank you so much. This was an accidental pregnancy and it’s very new to me. I appreciate your help :)

Latest posts

Back