My bunny pooped out a piece of twine that he got from his chew toy

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buddyy22

Reaction score
Please help!! I’m super worried that my five month old bunny is going to be in danger of intestinal problems! I walked into his room and he had a piece of poop that was attached to about a three inch piece of twine from a chew toy. I’m super scared and not sure what to look for to make sure he’s okay. Please help!!

First, are you sure it's twine and not ingested fur linking the poops?

I would make sure he keeps eating, drinking, and pooping normally, and is eating plenty of grass hay(timothy, orchard, etc). If he is, then it's likely it'll keep moving through the digestive tract and out if there is still any of it in there. And get rid of that toy.

If he stops eating/pooping, or isn't eating/pooping much, then you will probably need to get him to a knowledgeable rabbit vet for xrays.

https://rabbit.org/vet-listings/

My buns do this every now and again. They do t have toys that have twine or other type of binding.
It is due to them ingesting fur.
I make sure I keep watch on their output after I find the strings of poops, to make sure there isn't any blockage.

Latest posts

Back