My bunny passed and I don’t know how my other bunny will react.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katigirl

Reaction score
My bunny, « flutter » just died an hour ago and I’m so ******* guilty. I feel so alone and upset and i’m worried on what to do with my other rabbit, i’ve been crying for so long now and I don’t know how to let my other bunny know she’s dead. Do I even need to? My bunnies are only about 11 weeks now and I don’t know if it’s necessary to show her that her friend is dead, I’m too afraid and hurt to even look at her body so if it’s mandatory that I need to show my bunny what happened then could
someone please let me know? I’m really desperate.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, you don't need to if it doesn't make you feel better.

At just 11 weeks, puberty getting going, they aren't that focused on each other as rabbits bonded for years. But it is a change, being alone, but not different than a rabbit going to a new home at this age, without the stress of new surroundings.

I'm very sorry for the loss of your rabbit. What Preitler said. It's not necessary for them to see the body of the other rabbit for closure, as at that age they aren't truly bonded and are still babies.

No, you don't need to if it doesn't make you feel better.

At just 11 weeks, puberty getting going, they aren't that focused on each other as rabbits bonded for years. But it is a change, being alone, but not different than a rabbit going to a new home at this age, without the stress of new surroundings.
Thank you, i really apppreciate the advice.

I'm very sorry for the loss of your rabbit. What Preitler said. It's not necessary for them to see the body of the other rabbit for closure, as at that age they aren't truly bonded and are still babies.
Thank you, i’m relieved. 💕

Latest posts

Back