My bunny keeps escaping!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunny123

Reaction score
I have a dwarf hotot cross indoor rabbit (currently split from my other rabbit due to fighting ) in an indoor run. The run is made of metal bars and is 1m tall but has no roof. My bun Cruise keeps managing to jump out, he is climbing the bars like a maniac! He falls over a lot and I'm just worried he is going to seriously injure himself. Does anyone have any ideas for a roof that I could possible buy? I attempted to put a sheet over the top and attach it with clips as a temporary measure but somehow he is even managing to get on top of the sheet! I walk in the room and he is running crazy on my sheet roof! Any ideas would be super helpful thanks!

https://www.rabbitsonline.net/threads/help-escape-artist-strikes-again.70701/
^ been there, done that, lol... 4 month old lionhead escaping a 4 foot tall pen by climbing out!

Fortunately, there is a very cheap and effective solution. Get something like posterboard or cardboard and tie it around the top of the inside of the pen, going down a foot or more from the top. Once your rabbit reaches the bottom of the barrier, he won't be able to get footholds to make it all the way to the top and will have no choice but to drop down back into the pen.

You can use a protecting mesh for berries. You just put it over, drag it a long bit over and fasten with clips.

It need to be really tight so the bunny can’t shove it away.

Myself have one great prison breaker, he truly know how to break out and run into the forest. He’s an outdoor bunny but when he was indoors he managed to sneak out when the door opened or sneaking into the living room which not bunny proofed

Latest posts

Back