My bunny is not okay

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cassy315

Reaction score
My bunny is not doing great. She isn't sickly or anything but she is just wanting to be picked up which is not like her. She never ever chews anything besides her newspapers, her sticks or toilet rolls but she is frantically gnawing on everything in site. I have checked her feet, her teeth and everything but can't find what's upsetting her. She calms down completely even to the point of sleeping if I just pick her up, and when I try to put her down again she will scratch, bite me (not hard) and tug on my clothes. I'm happy to take her to the vet but I will only be home in the next 4hours. I even put her in her hutch (64sq feet) and she just throws everything around in there as though she is throwing a tantrum. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 20190402_083633-1224x1632.jpg
    20190402_083633-1224x1632.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 12
A sudden change of behavior like that, usually means there is something going on. Something is causing her to not feel well, but without any specific symptoms it's hard to know what exactly. Dental problems would be the first thing I would want to rule out, especially with you describing her frantically chewing on things. You need a vet to check the teeth as they need to get a good look inside the mouth at the molars at the back of the mouth. Sharp points developing on the molars causing sores in the mouth, is a likely possibility. But you would need an experienced rabbit vet to determine if this is the problem or if it's something else.
http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Dental_diseases/Differential/D_problems1.htm

I made an appointment for her and just came home but she seems fine now. I will take her anyway to be on the safe side. I think her nails might be bugging her as they are a bit long although she just had them cut. But we shall see

Latest posts

Back