My bunny is hunched while urinating

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puchki

Reaction score
My bunny is all good she is urinating usual pooping healthy and is active but for few days i have noticed that when she finish urinating she again try to urinate more in a hunched posture (note she get stones two times in 12 months one stone is we get out on February) what should I do now is it common and temporary for rabbits and yes she is not going frequent urination that we see when she had stones what are the possible causes

Stones are a possibility still. Or she could have bladder sludge(calcium sediment build up) or a urinary tract infection. If it seems like there's something wrong there, best to have your rabbit vet check it out. It may be as simple as a UTI, and your rabbit just needing to be put on a rabbit safe antibiotic like smz/tmp or enrofloxacin.

http://wabbitwiki.com/wiki/Bladder_sludge_and_stones
http://wabbitwiki.com/wiki/Urinary_tract_infection
(contains graphic medical related photos)
Medirabbit: bladder sludge and stones

My doctor prescribed my a medicine we are giving her she even pee the small stones out after medication this but her whenever the stone have to come out she goes crazy this time she is not even urinating frequently she even urinating but after urinating she feel like she have to urinate more what are the possible reasons

Urinary tract infection. And if this is the reason she is feeling she needs to keep urinating, she needs to be on a rabbit safe antibiotic like smz/tmp or enrofloxacin.

Though it's also possible the medication she is taking for the stones is making her have the urge to keep wanting to pee, if this started after she was put on this medicine.

Hey guys sorry to jump on this post . My 9 year old bunny is having pain have weeing . Been given baytril and metacam not really improving . Can any one suggest how I could help him please ? My vets said if a stone they won’t operate due to his age and breathing . Can anyone help me help him please

Hey guys sorry to jump on this post . My 9 year old bunny is having pain have weeing . Been given baytril and metacam not really improving . Can any one suggest how I could help him please ? My vets said if a stone they won’t operate due to his age and breathing . Can anyone help me help him please
Is your vet on the RWAF vet list: Rabbit Friendly Vet List ? If not, go to a vet on the list. Have they at least done an x-ray?

Latest posts

Back