My Bunny Hiccups

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have see my Bunny (Lily) Hiccup. She did it on a day that she got intoa little pepto bismo (the vet said she'd be fine and she was). But I saw her do it again yesterday, five days after the pepto serade. Are bunny hiccups normal, or is something more serious going on?

:dunno: I've never seen my buns hiccup before, although sometimes their sighs look a bit like hiccups. You could always call your vet and ask. He'd be able to tell you if it's worrisome or not.

I've seen a few of my bunnies have what I assume was hiccups. It would last for a few minutes and then stop. The buns seem no worse for it.

It scared me the first few times it happened. I immediately would check them over and hope that it wasn't any kind of neurological twitch or something similar. The bunnie was probably going, " what...hic...what...hic...WHAT!!!...hic...leemee alone..hic...!!"

I can't think of a resaon why a bunnie wouldn't get the hiccups. For instance, I know a bunnie can't vomit and if they did I would be very concerned....you know what I mean??.

If it happened very often or lasted for an extended amount of time I might be concerned. Off to the vet we'd go....tra lah

~Jim

my rabbit blue buns hiccups a lot. It started when he was 5 days old & so does his brother sweet pea. I had to hand feed both starting at 5 days old & out of 12 bunnies I have they're the only 2 that hiccup. I think it might have been caused by hand feeding because everyone else was raised by mommy bunnies no hiccups. But they're fine other then that. But if your worried take her to the vet & get a check up. it's better to be safe then sorry with bunnies.

take care

michelle

Latest posts

Back