My bunny has given birth

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plumpedbunny

Reaction score
Its exciting. Its been a while and I was starting to think she was never going to have any until recently I noticed her getting bigger and this morning she has given birth. I don't know how many, I'm not going to touch them to find out. I will leave them be until I see them emerge from there nest in the next following weeks. I can see ones tiny feet sticking out from the nest. I'd imagine she has around 5 babies. I always speak to soon so I don't want to get my hopes up just yet because anything can happen. I always seem to be down on my luck with things.

I have not seen her feeding them she just sits next to her nest.

The babies are still alive.... I'll post back in a few more days. Not that anybody bothers reading my posts but there you go. Sods law thats my life. I hope my baby bunnies live.

I would recommend touching them. Based on research that I’ve done (and how I’ve handled the 3 litters my doe has had) you take them out everyday from the day they were born and touch them everywhere. This gets them used to being touched everywhere and makes it so you can pickup on any injuries or sickness early on. You most often don’t see a doe feed her babies because they do it early in the morning and late at night (if I remember correctly). A well fed baby should have a big belly like this.
6E827CC5-990A-4234-89F6-029C0C33124F.jpeg
Posts on here often take a little bit for someone to respond to because someone with experience on the matter has to see it.

I've just been having a bad week because sickness had broken out into my flock of birds and I've lost quite a few. Its a nice surprise to my bunny has had her babies. I knew she was pregnant when I rescued her and I was right all along.

She is very protective of her babies. If I went near them she would attack me. I have to wear gloves when feeding her and topping up her water. I don't think its a good idea interfering with the babies just encase the mother gets stressed and kills them I don't want to take any chances especially with the all the bad luck I've been having.

I'll wait about 3 weeks before I handle them.

That pink baby looks so cute.

Once her babies are ready to leave the mother I'm getting the her spayed afterwards. I will sell the babies maybe keeping one or two it just depends. Its exciting wondering what colors they will be.

Once her babies are ready to leave the mother I'm getting the her spayed afterwards. I will sell the babies maybe keeping one or two it just depends. Its exciting wondering what colors they will be.
I know! Color guessing is one of my favorite parts! Well, after baby bunny binkies and zoomies.
I've just been having a bad week because sickness had broken out into my flock of birds and I've lost quite a few. Its a nice surprise to my bunny has had her babies. I knew she was pregnant when I rescued her and I was right all along.

She is very protective of her babies. If I went near them she would attack me. I have to wear gloves when feeding her and topping up her water. I don't think its a good idea interfering with the babies just encase the mother gets stressed and kills them I don't want to take any chances especially with the all the bad luck I've been having.

I'll wait about 3 weeks before I handle them.

That pink baby looks so cute.
In that case then you’re probably right, use your best judgment. It’s a good thing that momma bunny got a loving rescuer. If I tried to give encouragement for your rough week, it would be a lot to read. So, instead, I found a quote that sums it up pretty well.

“God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not fear when earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea. Let the oceans roar and foam. Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge!”
Psalms‬ ‭46‬:‭1‬-‭3‬ ‭NLT‬‬

If you need someone to talk to, I’m here.

I know! Color guessing is one of my favorite parts! Well, after baby bunny binkies and zoomies.

In that case then you’re probably right, use your best judgment. It’s a good thing that momma bunny got a loving rescuer. If I tried to give encouragement for your rough week, it would be a lot to read. So, instead, I found a quote that sums it up pretty well.

“God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble. So we will not fear when earthquakes come and the mountains crumble into the sea. Let the oceans roar and foam. Let the mountains tremble as the waters surge!”
Psalms‬ ‭46‬:‭1‬-‭3‬ ‭NLT‬‬

If you need someone to talk to, I’m here.
Thanks I really appreciate it.

The babies are still alive so it means the mother is feeding them. I saw the babies. Thy have got fur on them now. I have three all black bunnies, one grey bunny and two dutch looking black and white bunnies. I have already got homes lined up for two of them. I might keep the grey bunny and possibly one of the Dutch bunnies the rest will be re-homed and I need to get the mother spayed. I'll be looking for a vet to get her fixed in January.

Thanks I really appreciate it.

The babies are still alive so it means the mother is feeding them. I saw the babies. Thy have got fur on them now. I have three all black bunnies, one grey bunny and two dutch looking black and white bunnies. I have already got homes lined up for two of them. I might keep the grey bunny and possibly one of the Dutch bunnies the rest will be re-homed and I need to get the mother spayed. I'll be looking for a vet to get her fixed in January.
Rabbits will only feed their babies 1-2 times daily, and it's very common to miss the event. Hope everything turns out well for the little ones!

Latest posts

Back