My Bunny Got At My Lemonade And Drank It! Urgen!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nuage

Reaction score
My bunny got at my lemonade and drank it (it was a kool-aid lemonade packet!)! I'm only home tomorrow in the morning and at night! I'm scared that she will get sick! What should I do??!!! Please help! This is stressing me out!!!
@JBun
(I knoe @OreoTheMiniLop posted this but I am @OreoTheMiniLop 's mom!)

Just give her extra hay and plenty of water. Keep an eye on her poos. She drank extra sugar. If it upsets her tummy and causes pain, she will refuse food. If she refuses food, give her some simethicone. Otherwise, if she's still eating, she should be just fine.

Okay, thank you! I have anxiety so her drinking that scared so so so much.

Was it regular sugar lemonade or was it the kind with artificial sweeteners, and if so what is the artificial sweetener in it?

It was th kind with regular sugar. When I woke up she gladly ate veggies and a lot of hay. She had regulare poop this morning so I think she'll be fiine.

Hey! Don’t worry. My bunny used to steal chocolate cookies and eat them,i just gave him lots of fresh grass, hay and water after i cought him eating my cookies! he is 4 years now and very healthy❤️ Bunnies know what is safe for them to eat and what isn’t.

Hey! Don’t worry. My bunny used to steal chocolate cookies and eat them,i just gave him lots of fresh grass, hay and water after i cought him eating my cookies! he is 4 years now and very healthy❤ Bunnies know what is safe for them to eat and what isn’t.

Rabbits don’t know what’s safe and not, otherwise my bunny wouldn’t digest rubber and eating chargers. The rabbits that know what to eat are the wild bunnies (cottontails and hares). Domesticated pets often won’t know what’s safe and what to eat. Even wild animals will eat wrong things.

As long it’s small amount it often won’t be dangerous but it come down to what they have digested 😅

Hi sorry I can't figure out how to make a new thread but please respond my bunny Lucas keeps scratching his ears not exesivly but like three times a day is this normal (also how do you clean rabbits ears) my rabbit always shakes his ears when am try to clean with a Q-tip.🤔 Also what types of toys objects do you have in rabbits play pen & enclosure Thanks 😅

Hi sorry I can't figure out how to make a new thread but please respond my bunny Lucas keeps scratching his ears not exesivly but like three times a day is this normal (also how do you clean rabbits ears) my rabbit always shakes his ears when am try to clean with a Q-tip.🤔 Also what types of toys objects do you have in rabbits play pen & enclosure Thanks 😅
It would be best if you could make your own thread but no problem. Scratching his ear a few times a day is totally normal. Don’t try to clean his ears with a cotton bud though, as that could be dangerous, such as if he tried to run away or your hand slipped, it could pop his ear drum. I think that’s the reason? 😅
I’ve personally never cleaned my rabbits ears but I check daily for wax build up. Rabbits with straight ears are less prone to getting wax but lop-eared rabbits get it often. @Hermelin might be able to help on ear cleaning. When in doubt, call your vet.

My rabbit has hides in his pen, tunnels, a dig box, wood sticks, and plastic keys and stacking cups

https://www.rabbitsonline.net/threads/how-to-post-on-the-forum.92892/post-1146741

Uhh almost had a heart attack my twin brother fed my rabbit a huge pile of alphalfa pellets I went to check on my bunny and saw he was eating the alphalf a pellets (I don't get alphalpa pellets but the store delivery lady got it instead of Timothy ) and before that I had eaten Oreo cookies and haven't washed my hands when I went and pushed them out of the cage and possibly touched hay and wat not so my bunny could get chocolate crumbs and eat them 😫😫😫😫😫 any advise (sorry if I seem over dramatic I just don't want anything bad to happen to my rabbit)

Will he be ok with popped ear drums sorry if this sounds silly (keep in mind I'm 13 my birthdays August 5th)
In general, unless there is an infection or a great deal of wax, you shouldn't need to clean you rabbit's ears, they tend to do an alright job of it themselves. DEFINATELY do NOT use Qtips in the ear canal... A popped eardrum is very painful, will require veterinary intervention and it is very likely your bunny would lose all hearing in that ear. A Qtip also pushes wax deeper into the ear and is not very effective for this.

If you need to clean your rabbits ears (which you likely don't) wrap a piece of gauze around your finger soaked in ear cleaning solution and and gently clean what you can reach.

Uhh almost had a heart attack my twin brother fed my rabbit a huge pile of alphalfa pellets I went to check on my bunny and saw he was eating the alphalf a pellets (I don't get alphalpa pellets but the store delivery lady got it instead of Timothy ) and before that I had eaten Oreo cookies and haven't washed my hands when I went and pushed them out of the cage and possibly touched hay and wat not so my bunny could get chocolate crumbs and eat them 😫😫😫😫😫 any advise (sorry if I seem over dramatic I just don't want anything bad to happen to my rabbit)
The possibility of cookie crumbs on your hands is probably not an emergency... chances are there aren't enough for him to get sick. The alfalfa isn't ideal either, but he should be fine. Throw away the alfalfa pellets, offer a little bit of the timothy pellets as well and offer unlimited hay... everything should be just fine. Additionally, inform your brother about bunny care and what is and isn't good for them

Ok thanks I'm a "BIT" overdramatic I just really 💗 love my rabbit thank you both of you for being so quick to respond and yes since then my brother and mom had a conversation about what it bad for rabbits😅😅😅😅

Ok We don't have Timothy pellets cause Corona 😒 but I'll ask my dad to order some which'll probably take about 5 days Thank you Thank you Thank you Both This is a MUCH better Forum than BinkY bunny

My rabbits ears seem fine but (sorry if this sounds silly) any signs that a rabbits ear drums are popped I mean I attempted to clean my bunny s ears like 4 days ago and he's been acting fine He just flopped and did the "sunbather" bunny sleeping position

Latest posts

Back