My bunny eats cat food

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Help! I have a free range bun, Chowder. He eats the cat food! I have a "large" cat so I can not put the food up any higher. It's on a 2 foot high table. Chowder seeks it out. He has jumped every gate I have. Got on every table. I don't want to lock him in the room. How bad is cat food for my naughty bun?

It's very bad and very high in protein. Cat food is far too rich, too meaty, and too high in protein. I had a rabbit that would try to go after the dog food.

Two feet tall is a piece of cake for a rabbit to jump. But cats can jump considerably higher. I know my cat can jump onto the kitchen counter or the bar height kitchen table. If your cat is too "large" to jump, then perhaps you could consider creating a skinny ramp of sorts up to a higher shelf. Cats can balance on skinny surfaces that a rabbit wouldn't attempt.

Tried it. Super fuzzy bunny jumped it. Took a couple of days. That fuzzy butt did it. Right now we are locking him in during cat feeding time. Seriously thinking of only bunny room. No free range. Makes me sad.

Sorry sid not read correctly. Fat cat has bad hips. Can not negotiate skinny board. Unfortunately we have had to reduce his space. We are looking into a screen door at the end of the hallway. Gives him more than just the bedroom.

Latest posts

Back