My bunny doesn't chew his teeth down.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ant

Reaction score
This will be his third month to the vet. But he's not chewing on anything. He has a log and a couple of treats in his cage but doesn't chew on them. I've given him treat logs, applewood branches too but he doesn't bother with them.

So once a month I have to take him to the vet to get his teeth clipped. It only costs 15$ but still I wish I didn't have to take him so much.

If his teeth are aligned properly, and he's eating plenty of hay, he shouldn't have to have his teeth trimmed. What about cardboard boxes? Even the motion of chewing on them can help with teeth wear. However if his teeth aren't properly aligned, that's when they will need to be trimmed, not matter how much he chews on things, it's also possible he doesn't chew on things because they are misaligned and it may be a little painful for him.

Thanks, this is probably the case. His teeth grow curved and inward. He may have also misaligned them as a baby on his cage. Unfortunately the doc didn't tell me if they were or anything. He just clips them and sends us on our way, but he's so affordable I haven't questioned him.

Latest posts

Back