My bunny dilemma

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jordiwes

Reaction score
My hubby was at the SPCA the other day, and wants to get another bunny!

There's this poor little 9 year oldholland girl that has been there for a while now, and my husband fell in love.

And now I'm falling in love.

The dilemma is, is that if my two don't bond with this girl, I don't think my husband (Riyaz) will let us keep her in the house. He will let us keep her in the garage, but I don't want to keep a bunnyin the garage. It does have a window, but still.

The girl looks like she could be Jordi and Wesley's child. She has Wesley's coloring and Jordi's face. And she gets along with other rabbits (she's currently in a free run type thing).

However there have been issues in the past of Jordi and Wesley turning on each other when there is an intruder.

What to do? A dilemma!

Rosie's page:

http://bcspcapets.shelterbuddy.com/animal/animalDetails.asp?animalid=80532&result=28&statusID=3

80532.jpg

:inlove:

9 years old? Poor girly!

Is it possible that if she doesn't bond with Jordi and Wesley, that he will have fallen in love with her so much he'll want to keep her in the house anyway?

Or, if it was me I'd be stubborn and say 'we can only get her if she stays in the house, regardless of whether she bonds with the others or not. End of.' But that's me lol- stubborn to the end! :p

Hmm... :ponder:

jordiwes wrote:
My hubby was at the SPCA the other day, and wants to get another bunny!

There's this poor little 9 year oldholland girl that has been there for a while now, and my husband fell in love.

:ponder: hmmm i have selectively quoted but, if it were my husband, i'd say that i would help care for his new bunny on the as long as that bunny were in the house - as a bunny of senior years should be:D

if that didnt work then it would be jen's approach followed by the sound of me putting my foot down;)

Yes my mind is actively working for a creative cage solution that my husband would agree with.

My current buns are in a walk in closet. I wonder if I could add another vertical level to that closet... hmmmmm.....

Oh it's a Summer! Please take her :D Or I'll take her :D Just someone should take her :D

I agree about working out guidelines before arranging to take her home.

Could you take your guys up for a date with her?

I don't know how things work in your house, but in mine I said something along the lines of what your hubby said regarding a cat to Wabbitmom12 and that cat has been inside the house 2 hours after he strayed into our yard.;)

Get the bunny then put your foot down, we men know who is really in charge!

Put your foot down with boss our new kitten I told him the cat was strictly indoors and he cleaned the litter box. But he did the same with storm so come to a agrement now before the new addition comes home make sure he understand where you stand he fell in love with her first

I so hope the bonding works out for you. She is such an adorable rabbit:inlove:

Based on your past experience, I'd say don't bring the girl home first, bring Jordi and Wes to a neutral spot (preferably with a few more rabbits, too) and put them all together there.

It may take a couple of days -- you may need to find a rabbit savvy person to help, maybe a SARS person. Try and slip them in at dinner time when they're distracted.

When they're all settled remove some of the other rabbits until just the three remain. And once they're settled you can take them home together, feed them and hope for the best!

sas :goodluck

Ah ha! I see now! :D

I'd go for it and try a bunny date! Hopefully she's like Jasmine, where the two took pity on her and decided she needed some TLC when I first introduced all three. Jasmine wasn't seen as any sort of threat to the other two (she basically sat the whole time waiting for someone to groom her) so the other two accepted her and they were all three bonded in just over a week.

Worth a try! I think it worked so well for me because Jasmine is so mellow and non threatening, she's just seen as something to be looked after by the other two.. even now, if I try to pick up Jasmine, she'll hide in the corner and the other two will sit infront of her! They definitely took on the 'big brother/sister' role towards her.. poor pathetic Jasmine ;).

Pipp wrote:
-- you may need to find a rabbit savvy person to help, maybe a SARS person.
You mean SAS? :biggrin2:

Bunny dates might work, because the room they are in are neutral to all bunnies involved. But it may change when you bring the new bunny home, as the original bunnies might become territorial about their space.

Latest posts

Back