My bunny died today

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m so sorry to hear you lost your bunny. You did your best so please don’t blame yourself. R.I.P small bunny🌸
Thank you so so much for everyone's support and replies. It really helped me move on a lot and now i'm just thinking that she must be happy up there ❤

I'm also sorry for your loss. I know each time you(or anybody else) lose your loved furball it chips at your heart, eating away at your thoughts thinking "what if" "when where and why" every single time you think of them. It may be for weeks to come but kind of luckily you have other distractions to help you with the loss. I lost my bun too, a week ago to a condition that "could've been prevented" "only if" we'd gone to another vet or not trusted the one that we went to. It's sad. That's why i got Storm on the very day Musti went to sleep. Too bad that we're not psychics, we cannot see the future to prevent the danger, nor do we see the past in order to change it. We can only take what we have...
I'm sorry for your loss and i hope you're feeling a bit better now.

I'm also sorry for your loss. I know each time you(or anybody else) lose your loved furball it chips at your heart, eating away at your thoughts thinking "what if" "when where and why" every single time you think of them. It may be for weeks to come but kind of luckily you have other distractions to help you with the loss. I lost my bun too, a week ago to a condition that "could've been prevented" "only if" we'd gone to another vet or not trusted the one that we went to. It's sad. That's why i got Storm on the very day Musti went to sleep. Too bad that we're not psychics, we cannot see the future to prevent the danger, nor do we see the past in order to change it. We can only take what we have...
I'm sorry for your loss and i hope you're feeling a bit better now.
Thank you so much and i'm really really sorry for your lost too , i understand your pain . Losing your furry friend when you could've have maybe prevented it really is one of the worst feeling but it's not our fault we always wanted the best for our babies we cannot predict the future and cannot tell what can happen at any day so now my best tip is if you have other pets or will in the future we must enjoy all the time being with them taking care of them the best we can and really give them all of our love because we don't know what could happen at any day ! My baby mocha was a happy bunny actually when she was a baby we thought of giving her away but we finally kept her and she had a happy life playing with other bunnies and not staying in a cage but running freely. I also hope you'll be doing better ! ❤

Thank you so much and i'm really really sorry for your lost too , i understand your pain . Losing your furry friend when you could've have maybe prevented it really is one of the worst feeling but it's not our fault we always wanted the best for our babies we cannot predict the future and cannot tell what can happen at any day so now my best tip is if you have other pets or will in the future we must enjoy all the time being with them taking care of them the best we can and really give them all of our love because we don't know what could happen at any day ! My baby mocha was a happy bunny actually when she was a baby we thought of giving her away but we finally kept her and she had a happy life playing with other bunnies and not staying in a cage but running freely. I also hope you'll be doing better ! ❤
I'm already good, thank you. I still get sad from time to time when i think about Musti's small life journey but i know that we did the best we could to help him. How could've we known that the vet wasn't really savvy on heavier rabbit issues? I can now talk to Musti (or rather his gravespot in our yard) without tearing up. He was a sweetheart cuddly fluffball that i'll love to death even if he's already dead.

He left a plunging hole in my heart and soul, so only three hours after his early demise i'd gotten myself a new bun, now appropriately named Storm, to act as the cement that would try and fill the hole. The "cement" is still wet but it's working!
If it weren't for my emotional received_573167203632245.jpeg20200614_145439.jpgstuff, i would've named him Ash.
So meet the floofflop Storm and may joy fill our days!

I'm already good, thank you. I still get sad from time to time when i think about Musti's small life journey but i know that we did the best we could to help him. How could've we known that the vet wasn't really savvy on heavier rabbit issues? I can now talk to Musti (or rather his gravespot in our yard) without tearing up. He was a sweetheart cuddly fluffball that i'll love to death even if he's already dead.

He left a plunging hole in my heart and soul, so only three hours after his early demise i'd gotten myself a new bun, now appropriately named Storm, to act as the cement that would try and fill the hole. The "cement" is still wet but it's working!
If it weren't for my emotional View attachment 48682View attachment 48683stuff, i would've named him Ash.
So meet the floofflop Storm and may joy fill our days!
Awww he's so cute ! ❤ Such a sweetie !
Sometimes i get sad too when i look at picture of mocha but it's that's how life works and early or late she would have to leave me so i must move on and now take good care of my other bunnies

So sorry for your loss--it's never easy, but sometimes it happens no matter how hard we try. I've lost one that was six months and had another almost 19 years and it hurts!
What you said is very true . It's just the sad fate we have to accept but i hope that one day we can see all our animals again ❤

I am
Hello ! I have 5 rabbits well now 4 , one of them died today. It was such a tragic and sad moment. I cried so much but i want to know what happened so that i can prevent it with my other rabbits. She was almost 6 months old and she was spayed along with 3 others on wednesday. On wednesday she was tired which is normal but the next day she started feeling better i could not look after her that much since 2 others were not eating and i had to give all my attention to the 2 others (btw the 2 others are better now)On friday she was feeling good again and on saturday it felt like she was returned back to herself she was happy and jumping even if i know she isn't suppose to jump. But then she stayed at the same place all the night till the morning she didn't want to eat in the morning. Her body felt very limpy and she had almost no reaction even when i picked her up. I gave her the antibiotics the doctor gave me after the spay because i thought maybe she had not drink her water with the antibiotics and then i took her to the vet. The vet said she was doing fine she was just tired because of the spay and so he gave her 2 injection which one of them is suppose to make her feel stronger. In the afternoon i fed her using syringe and her body felt so tired and limpy i was really scared. I wrapped her in a blanket and put her on my bed and after some time she started making some strange mouvements and sounds i tried calming her but the movement continued she gasps for air and then she died in my arms. She was still doing some very very faint movements with her paws so i thought i had still time but when i came to the vet he told me she was already dead. He explained it was because of medication overdose. I started blaming myself and cried for so long. But one thing doesn't put up she was already feeling tired and limpy before i gave her the medication so what happened ?
One thing i know is that she was smaller than the others. She was not growing as much as her sisters and even before she was more fragile and if it was the spay the cause of her death why was she feeling good the few days before her death. I'm still very sad and it feels like a hole in my heart. I want to cry when i think about her but i know i must now be strong to take good care of the other rabbits.
so sorry. You did everything you could. It’s so hard to lose a sweet little innocent life.

So sorry for your loss--it's never easy, but sometimes it happens no matter how hard we try. I've lost one that was six months and had another almost 19 years and it hurts!
19 years? you did not get a Guinness record title? As of 2019, the oldest living bunny was 16! Not sure how old is the record for any bunny already gone! That is awesome! I cringe sometimes when I read a post where the bunny owner is giving up on a 6 or 7 year old because they think it is the end of life for them, not knowing that they are actually just middle age or early senior.

Latest posts

Back