My bunny Baby died last night

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheryl

Reaction score
My bunny Baby died last night,she's gone forever,gone from my life,just gone.

I had let the bunnies out the back to play for awhile,and i continouslykeep an eye on them and when i went to check on them,one of the kidsnext door was looking over my fence and when he seen me he said helloand then dissapeared,i didn't think much about it,so i went back insideand came back out about 20 mins later,

my back door is left open so the bunnies can come in and out,when iwent to check them again the boy was looking over my fence again and iasked him what is he doing and he said "im just looking at therabbits",i was starting to get suspicious so i bought the bunniesinside but Baby was missing,i couldn't find her,me and the kidssearched and searched,calling her name but no Baby,my bunnies come tome when i call them but she wouldnt come,i started to panic,reallybad.My eldestson is friends with the boy next door so my soncalled for him over the fence,he came over to the fence and i justexploded,i said "where is my bunny" it took him a while to say that shewas dead,he said that she got through a hole to their side and theirdog killed her,,why didnt he come to tell me,where did they leave herbody for that time,i sat down on the wet lawn and cried,my kids weresaddened by this as well,i got it together and i checked for any holesbut i couldnt find any that lead straight to the next door neighbourshouse,so i dont understand.

did they jump over my fence and take her?

was it a prank that went wrong?

There was a knock at the door and my son answered it and it was the boynext door and his friend,they were holding my dead bunny wrapped up ina towel,i yelled and yelled and cried and cried,i asked him why didnthe tell me earlier what happened,his excuse was "i didnt know it wasyour rabbit" bullsh*t i say,who else has rabbits around here,my sontook baby and i shut the door,my son dug a hole and we buried her,i hadtears streaming down my face,i cried and cried and my heart felt like asledge hammer ripped right through it,i kept saying why,why,why.

Dear my sweet baby...

i love you and i miss you so much already,my heart is hurting for yousoooo bad,you were just a year old,still so young.You came into my lifethrough an accidental pregnancy we thought your daddy was a girl,pippifathered you and your sister Charlie,your other brother or sister diedat a week old,so that left just you and Charlie,you two were my firstexperience at having baby bunnies and i treasured every minute of it,iused to hold you in the palm of my hand,you were so little,i rememberwhen you were about two weeks old and were just starting to open youreyes,but one eye was stuck and i gently cleaned it for you and youstarted to open that eye as well,before i knew it you and Charlie werejumping out of the nest box and running around,i never got much workdone as i was always with you two,i watched you grow up from an ittybitty baby to a big sweet girl,i enjoyed every minute of it,how muchpleasure can a bunny bring to someone,i used to call you and Charliebaby,but the name baby just stuck with you and you were permanentlycalled baby,ohh im hurting so much at the moment i have tears streamingdown my face that im finding it hard to write this,i will never forgetyou baby,i will hold you forever in my heart,i loveyou:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

goodbye my sweetness,until i see you again:(:(:(:(:(

cheryl

[align=center]How horrible!!! How can someone be so cruel? My heart goes out to you. I'm so sorry.
:rainbow::runningrabbit::rainbow:
Binkie Free Baby
Binkie Free

[align=left]-Ashley :bigtears: & Flopsy :bunnyangel: & Fluffy :rabbithop
[/align] [/align]

I'm so sorry. How could those kids have done what they did? I'm at a loss for words.
Binkie free, Baby:angelandbunny:

Aww, that is so terrible, I am so sorry Cheryl.You and Baby are in my thoughts and prayers. If you ever need to talk,we are all always here for you.

Lots of love,

Eve

:angelandbunny:

Thankyou everybody,it really does mean a lot tome,believe me..i tried so hard to get some sleep last night,but ifinally drifted off,when i woke up this morning i woke up with thisdark cloud over me,it felt awful because the reality has sunken in thatBaby is gone,she was just the most sweetest thing since the unexpectedday she was born,i loved her the day i laid eyes on her even with nofur,i watched her grow up!!:(

my young son Jeremy just cried,and my eldest son Anthony was veryangry

This is how im feeling:(,and this is what i have been doing most of the day:bigtears:

im devestated...i just dont know what to say...im just totally devestated

cheryl

Oh my.....I'm so sorry. I have no ideawhat to say to comfort you - I would be sooo mad at that kid and thewhole situation.

I'm so sorry for your loss - any other words...well - I can't come up with them.

Peg

aww thats just aweful! imsitting herebawling just reading about it:tears2:!how can those kids livewith themselves:mad:!! thats cruel!i'm so sry cheryl!!!!! idont know what to else say:(...what can you say when something likethis happens...we're here for you;)

:pray:prayers for you and your family..your in our thoughts:hug2

:angel::rainbow:Binky free at the rainbow bridge Baby:rainbow::angel:

Oh no... I'm so sorry Cheryl... :bigtears:

:ripRIP little Baby... you'll be so missed. :sosad

sas :sad:pipp :cry1dill:cry2sherry :cry3radar :pray:and darry:tears2:

Cheryl, it is not fair that baby was taken fromyou so cruelly and so soon, I am so sorry, my heart goes out to you andyour family:cry1

You will be in my prayers:pray:

:pink iris:

Oh Cheryl, this is so awful. I am so very sorry!I hope that this boy's family know what has happened and that they makesure that he never goes anywhere near yourbunnies again.

Poor Baby, Binky free sweetheart :cry1

Jan

Oh, Cheryl...I wishI had words to comfort you in this terrible time. I am so, so sorry. Ipray you willhave peace and healing.

Binkie free, Baby. You will forever be loved :bunnyangel::rainbow:

Thankyou each and everyone of you for the nicewords,it really does mean so much to me,im sorry that i have notreplied sooner but i just did not feel like sitting at the computer.

I still feel sad thatBabywas taken away from me sounexpectedly,it was not like she was sick or anything and i hadwarning,this is just awful,she was just taken away against her ownwill:(

I found out something today,Anthony had come home from school earlytoday which i was surprised,well he started telling me the reasonwhy,he was sent out of class sooo he just walked right on home,Anthonywas starting on the kid next door as they share the same home class,hekept on saying "you killed my mum's rabbit,i have always teached mykids to stand up for what you believe in and dont let anybody tell youotherwise,well this was one of those times,Anthony had a big arguementwith the kid next door,he wanted the truth and Anthony wouldnt backdown,he still didnt get the truth though,but Anthony said that they hadthrown her body over the fence,and that is why it had taken them awhile to bring her to me,they had to go and get her first:(,can youbelieve someone could commit such an act,this was a evil and senselessthing to do,its something i never thought would happen:mad:

omg,i cannot believe they just threw her body over the fence,i couldhave died when Anthony told me.I just dont know why they did such athing,i have never ever had a problem with the people next door,theyare nice peoplebut to them a dog is a normal petand certainly not arabbit, a rabbit is just a stupid rabbitto them,its nothing to get upset about,but i see that as plainignorance,that "stupid" rabbit was my pet:(,its just so sad that Babywas snatched away:(

cheryl

Latest posts

Back