My Bunny and His Dog

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linsssey

Reaction score
I was able to snatch a video of how my bunny Melvin "plays" with my dog. I should first note that Melvin and my dog, Ellie are not allowed out together without supervision. My dog and I have a very strong bond and she is the only dog that I would allow near Melvin because I know how she will behave.

Melvin also likes to chew Ellie's tail and I have been trying to get a video of that also.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8vnfL1Aeqo&feature=youtu.be

and after all of this happened Melvin flopped down next to Ellie for a rest.

Does anyone else have good experience with dogs and cats and their buns? My roommate has a cat and we haven't really allowed them together. My boyfriend, who I will be moving in with after I graduate in May, also has a dog and 2 cats! Thankfully, My bun will have his own room in the new house!

IMG_3848.jpg

Last edited:
lol Cute video! I can just hear Melvin, "Nana, nana, nana! You can't catch me! I'm SuperBunny! Faster than a speeding bullet! Able to hop over even the tallest building in a single hop!" lol

That's too cute! I wish my Buster and Rosco my boxer would get along. They're scared of each other mostly. Oh well

Thumper teases his big brother Redd the dog. Redd loves all animals but mistakenly thinks all animals will play with him like another dog would so they are only allowed together supervised. Thumper might be big but so is the dog. If Redd starts to get too excited we have him lay down and Thumper will run circles around him, zoom past him or jump over him. Redd will stay laying on his chest but will try to low crawl after Thumper. The funniest thing though is Thumper approaching Redds wagging tail. Now the tail wags the whole time and Thumper approaches it somewhat slowly but refuses to stop even though he is being hit in the head repeatedly.

We have above average sized men that don't like that tail because it hurts so much when it's wagging but Thumper is determined and plows on through.

First, what a gorgeous doggie.
And yes my dog and bunnies have a love hate relationship, my boxer dog, Cooper, loves my bunnies especially Casper; in return my bunnies bite his face or chase him away. It is very funny but Cooper doesn't think so...
:bunnydance:

Petals would love to play with the cats but the older two dint want anything to do with her and ki only tolerate her for a little bit. I have to watch him with the buns. He would play with Ceri (rip baby girl) when he was a kitten but she was at least 10lbs. My buns now are under 5 and I'm afraid he will hurt them.

Aawww!! Ellie is being sooo good! She must be a real sweetie!

My labradoodle behaves well with our bunnies, but the buns don't put their paws all the way on him like Melvin does. They either sniff noses, or my Sapphire tries to play with my dog's wagging tail when the dog is laying down.

Our prior dog, a Newfoundland, got along wonderfully with our prior french lop:
thumb1_16589_272259_210000000.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Harvey's never been around dogs, but he likes my cats. My older cat, Merlin, is his boyfriend hahah. Harvey loves snuggling with Merlin and demanding grooming. My fat cat, Azrael, plays with Harvey. Harvey just likes beating up Azrael, which poor dumb Azrael thinks is just the best fun even. My poor fat cat is not the brightest haha.

Thanks everyone! Ellie is a great dog but it took a lot for her to be that well-behaved with another animal. I'm so glad to hear about all your dogs getting along with your rabbits! Dogs and rabbits have always been my favorite critters.

I am also glad that your guy's bunnies can get along with cats. Melvin can come in contact with up to three cats and I have been worried that the cats may try to make a meal of them!

Latest posts

Back