My bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RabbitLover9

Reaction score
I put a brief introduction of them on myquestion about ear mites, but I wanted to introduce myself and mybunnies a little more.

I got Oliver from the shelterin February 2004, when he wassix months old. So he'll be two in August. I hadhim neutered about a month later. At the time, I waspetsitting for my friend's rabbit at my house... an unspayed femalenamed Snuggle. They seemed to like each other through thebars of their cages (they were next to each other to keep each othercompany), and I thought, he's neutered now, why not let them playtogether? I called Snuggle's owner and she said that would befine. Little did I know, apparently male bunnies can stillsuccessfully impregnate females for up to a month after they'reneutered. So then Snuggle had eight babies a month later, andJunior was one of them. He looks just like his father,because Oliver and Snuggle look a lot alike to begin with.

Here's a picture of both of them when they were out to play in the yard last summer (sorry it's kind of an old picture):

Both.JPG

I realized I don't have any current pictures, so I snapped a few tonight, but none are very good:
Junior7.JPG

That's Junior wondering why I'm taking a picture of him.

Both2.JPG

That's both of them looking quite terrified of this thing that keeps flashing at them.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I also have four cats, a mouse, and eight fish.

That's neat that you have a father and son. I will be adopting a mother and son/daughter (can't determine gender yet) soon.

By the way, very cute bunnies!

Welcome aboard, RabbitLover9! :wave:

What Precious Precious Babies you have there. I bet they're as innocentas they look and have never gotten into a stitch of trouble.

They are adorable.

-Carolyn

Thanks for the warm welcome!!

chiquita090, the babies went to several places. Sadly, onedied at the age of two days... she was much smaller than the others andpresumably underdeveloped, and the mother removed her from the nest andby the time I found her it was too late. One of the babies Ikept (Junior). One of them Snuggle's owner kept.The rest went tofamilies of students at my school - two wentas a pair, two went to separate families as companions for theircurrent rabbits, and one went to be an only bunny (I hope they got hima playmate eventually!). Thankfully, we didn't have any thatwe had to take to rescue groups or shelters, because the few in my areaare overcrowded.

Luvabun, they have very distinct personalities. Oliver lovesexploring new places, but is terrified of new people and rabbits, whileJunior loves new people, but is terrified of new places (if I put himon the floor in a new place, he'll either hop right up in my lap if I'msitting on the floor or try to climb my legs if I'm standingup). Junior also LOVES other rabbits, even if he's never metthem before, and will hop right up to them and start groomingthem. Oliver also walks funny a lot of the time - he willwalk more like a cat than a bunny, moving each back foot individuallyinstead of both together. He usually does it when he'snervous or when he's exploring a new place.

Carolyn,of course they never causeANY trouble. What bunny does? ;)

I realized in my first post I forgot to mention my foster bunny,Bandita. Someone found her by the side of the road during ahurricane about a year ago and I've been caring for her for the pastcouple months while she looks for a home. She's very cute...you can see her and read her whole storyhere:http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=4294807&adTarget=468petsgeneral&SessionID=429a2e53313eb6ad-app4&display=&preview=&row=0&tmpl=&stat=

By the way, anyone in the Northern Virginia area want another rabbit?:DI would love to keep her, but I can't afford three rabbits- it's bad enough now, and I get all the discounts at the vet becauseshe's a foster.

Welcome to the forum RabbitLover9,

Thanks for sharing your stories andpicturesof Oliver and Junior. Likefather, like son. :DThat is neat. It so goodto seewhere every bunny goes and how they turn out.

Bandita sounds like a real nice bunny.....hope someonetakes her home soon.

Latest posts

Back