My bunnies head twitches when she is sleeping and has cuts on her bum where her mum was biting her.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1357rabbitlover

Reaction score
My 7 week old mixed breed bunny, has this little twitch only when she is sleeping.. at first i thought she was dreaming but she does it everytime she flops? She doesn't twitch her whole body, just her head.

Also, the babies were going so young because the mum was biting them and not feeding them, and last week i noticed a few bites on her bum area obviously where her mum had been biting her, they aren't infected, they are starting to scab now, but should i leave them to scab or take the scab off?

Leave the scab on to heal. Otherwise it may infect. I would keep a good eye on it, if it is really dry and looking red, apply some plan polysporin, not the one with pain killer in it. As for the twitching it could be dreaming or just her way of relaxing.

My guess is that the twitching is dreaming. Or if she's not asleep, she may be trying to stay awake; just like people do. That's why it's called "nodding off".

Thanks guys! i thought the twitching was just her dreaming, just wanted to make sure. and she has about 6 scabs on just her bum, they are not infected or anything and they are not irritating her - i also just thought i'd make sure it was nothing serious that i'd have to bring her to the vets to. :)

Latest posts

Back