My bunnies’ nose is wet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deziraae_

Reaction score
My bunny has recently had an accident where she jumped out of my sisters hand and fell on her face. We think she busted her lip because it was bleeding right after. This all happened last night and she has been eating and drinking water and acting quite normally. The only thing different is that her nose is really wet. Last night she wouldn’t let us touch it so we couldn’t get a good look but I got some pics this morning. Any advice for us? Should we take her to the vet? We need help!

Attachments

• 58B14D01-3A07-44F0-8357-851C9CEF9D65.jpeg
    58B14D01-3A07-44F0-8357-851C9CEF9D65.jpeg
    184.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 9CCE0D21-D9B7-4FA8-859F-B5D0F34D7AFA.jpeg
    9CCE0D21-D9B7-4FA8-859F-B5D0F34D7AFA.jpeg
    93.7 KB · Views: 9
  • DD190525-2E3A-4A44-90DF-6C58448C1DB0.jpeg
    DD190525-2E3A-4A44-90DF-6C58448C1DB0.jpeg
    165.3 KB · Views: 12
Oh no! Poor her, if she’s eating and drinking that’s fine... keep a close eye on her for the next 48hours and make sure that she’s breathing okay and not in too much pain or discomfort. Don’t touch her nose as it will just inflame it and it just needs to heal. If her condition gets worse take her to the vets immediately :) hope that helped!! All the best to all.

Oh no! Poor her, if she’s eating and drinking that’s fine... keep a close eye on her for the next 48hours and make sure that she’s breathing okay and not in too much pain or discomfort. Don’t touch her nose as it will just inflame it and it just needs to heal. If her condition gets worse take her to the vets immediately :) hope that helped!! All the best to all.
Okay thank you for the help!

It's probably bruised. The important thing is making sure her front incisors weren't damaged. If they weren't and she's eating, drinking, and behaving normally otherwise, I would just keep an eye on her. It will likely return to normal once the swelling has gone down. But if anything changes, particularly her appetite or the swelling increases, you'll need to have her checked by a knowledgeable rabbit vet.

https://rabbit.org/vet-listings/

It's probably bruised. The important thing is making sure her front incisors weren't damaged. If they weren't and she's eating, drinking, and behaving normally otherwise, I would just keep an eye on her. It will likely return to normal once the swelling has gone down. But if anything changes, particularly her appetite or the swelling increases, you'll need to have her checked by a knowledgeable rabbit vet.

https://rabbit.org/vet-listings/
Thank you for the info!

Latest posts

Back