My bun sometimes stares at me with wide eyes while im petting her, is it odd?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunbunyes

Reaction score
She'd purr and lick the floor, blanket, her lips or me while melting into a bun puddle haha. Just that, i find it quite puzzling when she stares at me with wide eyes instead of those relaxed half-closed eyes

Kinda makes me feel like i'm hurting her or that she's really happy (hopefully it's the latter)

I don't mind her stares though since to me, she has the brightest, sweetest eyes haha20220703_052122.jpg20220703_053340.jpg
Thanks in advance! C:

Bunnies can have this dazed/tranced look sometimes, when sleeping or when being petted. It doesn't mean they're scared of anything, or that they're not enjoying the pets. Rabbits are prey animals, so have to be ready to detect a predator even when sleeping, and even when in a completely safe environment. It's a hardwired natural behavior and state for them. So they can actually sleep with their eyes wide open. Though I've noticed they do tend to do it more when in a bun loaf position, and not as much when flopped out.

If you look at your bun, the eye and eyebrow are both relaxed. So your bun isn't nervous at all, just in the normal alert bunny state, but relaxed and enjoying the pets.

Latest posts

Back