My bun is acting different and has slight tilt of the head.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wywrestler93

Reaction score
Dinkers was acting like his normal self all day long till about 8pm. He was running around all day and chasing the cats and eating/drinking till 8pm when while petting him we noticed his head was tilting slightly. We also noticed:

- Slight head tilt to his left side (same side he was recently diagnosed with a cataract)
- Constantly circling to right to left and hiding his left side of his head
- Sneezing more than normal
- Jerking of his head to the right then back to the left
- Looks like he doesn't wanna out weight on his left front paw
- Always alert and looks like he's constantly looking for danger
- Hops around fine but only when he is annoyed with us trying to check him out
- Motions towards water but doesn't drink and will take food but just sits it down

Getting very concerned cause he's never acted like this and my normal vet doesn't open to the am and not sure if i showed wait that long or take him to emergency vet.

Just now he wanted outta the room and when I opened the door he ran out like nothing was a matter and started roaming around the living room.

Hi, I think the head tilting can be a symptom of an infection or of a parasite, and I'm afraid not eating and drinking is worrying. I'm quite new to keeping rabbits and I dont really know much, but I'd get him to the vets asap. Tell them he isnt eating and drinking when you book in so they know it's urgent.

Best of luck to getting sorted, I hope everything turns out ok for you both.

I took him to a Vet ER. They checked him out and said they don't believe there is any life threatening issues and that I should follow up with my primary vet. All the symptoms seem to have corrected themselves as he was a different bun when at the vets. He was a little dehydrated and they gave him some fluids.

I'm gonna take him into my primary vet as soon as my vets open up. Also monitor him until then.

Well Thursday morning I tried to take him to my primary vet but Thursdays is the one day she's not in the office. He got worse as the day went on and after spending all day calling multiple vets and animal hospitals 8pm rolled around and I got him back into the Vet ER. We left him with them and before I got home from the 20min drive I got the call I was fearing. My Dinks crashed and they couldn't get him to respond.

Well Thursday morning I tried to take him to my primary vet but Thursdays is the one day she's not in the office. He got worse as the day went on and after spending all day calling multiple vets and animal hospitals 8pm rolled around and I got him back into the Vet ER. We left him with them and before I got home from the 20min drive I got the call I was fearing. My Dinks crashed and they couldn't get him to respond.
I'm so sorry xx

Latest posts

Back