my boys

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flash

Reaction score
Here's some pics of my boys Sophie & Flashy.

Soph128.jpg

Sophie begging for treats

Soph51.jpg

Soph106.jpg

Soph93.jpg

Flash37.jpg

Flash trying out a new rug

Flash46.jpg

sleeping on his fav pillow

Flash60.jpg

he loves sunning himself

Flash143.jpg

with his girl Tori

Sophie was sexed wrong when I got him at a pet store when he was 5 weeks old. He knew his name very early so I didn't want to change it.

I wouldn't have changed it either!

They are ADORABLE! I love their colors! and that the cat and bunny love each other :hearts:

Flash wrote:
Sophie was sexed wrong when I got him at a pet store when he was 5 weeks old. He knew his name very early so I didn't want to change it.
Awww that's cute. I had two of mine sexed wrong but they happened to have unisex names (coco, Lint)
I've just read in the introducions about Flash being 16 years old! Wow, what's the recipy?Working out?:biggrin2:

HAHA no special secret for Flash he's been thru alot with his previous owner's. His first owner just used him for business purposes and wasn't treated like a pet to educate children, and his next owner loved him but didn't take very good care of him. When I brought him home he went to the vet asap to check him. He still has problems with his teeth and now a cold he can't shake.

I feed him Oxbow pellets, he doesn't eat hay even tho I give it to him everyday. Last year he stopped eating any veggies. I've increased his pellets to a half a cup or more and he gets banana, apple, pear, or watermelon as a treat. He's free run and gets alot of exercise and alot of love. He has a will and he's a survivor and my vet did a wonderful job taking care of him with his problems.

As Patti mentioned I submitted his paperwork for Guiness Book of Records as the Oldest Living Rabbit. They said it takes 6 weeks so we shall see, cross paws.

Cool. I hope they'll take him into the book! That'll be something. In the pictures he doesn't even look half his age

Flash wrote:
HAHA no special secret for Flash he's been thru alot with his previous owner's. His first owner just used him for business purposes and wasn't treated like a pet to educate children, and his next owner loved him but didn't take very good care of him. When I brought him home he went to the vet asap to check him. He still has problems with his teeth and now a cold he can't shake.

I feed him Oxbow pellets, he doesn't eat hay even tho I give it to him everyday. Last year he stopped eating any veggies. I've increased his pellets to a half a cup or more and he gets banana, apple, pear, or watermelon as a treat. He's free run and gets alot of exercise and alot of love. He has a will and he's a survivor and my vet did a wonderful job taking care of him with his problems.

As Patti mentioned I submitted his paperwork for Guiness Book of Records as the Oldest Living Rabbit. They said it takes 6 weeks so we shall see, cross paws.
I know someone with a rabbit aged 17 but they have no interest in putting it into the book of records.

I'm sure there are bunnies out there older. I found out thru Patti that the oldest bunny on record was 14 last year and I decided to give it a go. The paperwork is endless and I had to it 3x having 3 owner's so it was fun but at the same time it was time consuming to do this enormous task.

Some people might see what hoops they have to jump over and decide not to do it.

WOW! That's great that he's lived so long and is such a happy boy with you. Sophie's name just makes me giggle, too. Good luck on the record!!

It's great you have the paperwork to prove it too. When other people say they have heart of older rabbits than yours the question always is can they prove it. It's easy to make mistakes especially when a rabbit changes hands. I keep meaning to write down my rabbits ages but I have no exact birthdays for them:(

Hope he gets into the book!!

I'm so happy to be able to see pictures of two of my favorite bunnies again! When Flash makes it into the record book you'll really have something to brag about.

Thanks Patti!

Sabine it wasn't easy to track his original owner down and then find out his exact Birthday. I found out he was 10 months younger then I had thought. It's alot of work it took me 3 months to get everything together travelling to the previous owner's homes, emails, phone calls, witness letter's,but it was in a sense fun and frustrating sometimes. I took Flash to see his past owner's and one family were so happy to see him and all took turns holding him, that was sweet.

Latest posts

Back