My boyfriend is jealous of my bunny (as well as my other pets).

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry you are having trouble with something that I seriously think is for the best. It's time for a true split. You need now to take care of yourself. Truly understand the isolation feeling, so keep utilizing those Facebook connections. Good people out there that truly listen. Aren't your parents coming home soon? Then you will have family around. It will get better.

I'd stop all communication. If he really wants to make the relationship work by really thinking of you, he would back off. But it's not in an addict's nature. And they do use "false love" to get what they want. I think everyone's worth "real love". IMHO.

Keep the faith. This too shall pass.

K:)

My parents will be home in a week, I think. It will be good to have my mom back, but I don't get along with my dad. I've only seen him for maybe 4 or 5 days so far this year.
So there's a bit of stress that comes with having to be around him.
My boyfriend just messaged me again on facebook and he wants me to reply to a message he sent me yesterday. He is also stopping by to bring me something that he ordered for me before the break. I'm going to try and get him to leave it in the mailbox so I won't have to see him. He's going to a friend's house tonight and i'm right on his way back. I'm kind of paranoid that he'll do what he did a few days ago and look in my window to see if i'm sleeping.
We were really only supposed to talk if we were planning on going to a meeting so that we could make sure we wouldn't go to the same one. I feel bad telling him that it's too much, because it's nothing compared to how much we talked when we were together. I don't know, it's just easier for me to deal with the break when we're not talking.

I agree avoid contact for as much as possible. You need to put something over you window so that he cannot see in. That is total invasion of privacy, and he needs to stop. Will be glad when your mom and dad are home, so that you feel safer.Can you plan on being out someplace tonight or even in a different room from you bedroom, maybe sleep on the couch in the living room.

Your not together and hes still trying to control you. I think your doing the right thing and i wish i had been thisstrong when i was younger. And i agree that this could go from peeking into your window to something more. Take precautions and stay safe

BunnyLove89 wrote:
I've been taking people up on their facebook offers.
My boyfriend messaged me again this morning. I'm torn because I miss him and I keep thinking of all these things I want to tell him, but I know it's only going to make me more upset in the long run because it's a tease.
He keeps telling me to talk to people and i'm getting frustrated because i've been trying, but they won't talk to me because he got to them first. God only knows what he told them. It's also messing with me in that he's still "reminding me" to do a bunch of stuff for him. So i'm still getting stressed out because as much as I try to not think about him, I keep hearing him in the back of my mind telling me what to do and what not to do. He's asked if his messaging me bothers me and I said kind of. But I don't want to tell him to stop because the other day I told him that even though we would be on a break, I still love him and i'm here for him if he needs me. But it seems like he is taking advantage of that and is just wanting to check up on me.
I'm still not sleeping. I've been having weird/bad dreams and have been waking up alot which is frustrating.
I've been thinking more about the meeting last night and I remember the last time I was there I was expressing some doubts I had about my boyfriend. The main thing then was that he is a sex addict and that takes a huge toll on me. It's like they didn't hear what I was saying because afterwards a couple people told me that from everything I had been saying the past few months said it sounds like I picked a good guy (and they weren't being sarcastic). Needless to say, it really confused me. I don't know what i'm doing wrong to make me people not want to talk to me.
The isolation is really getting to me...
These are not healthy feelings. Don't you have anyone to talk to? If you need someone to talk to, I am here for you. Just send me a pm. Please don't let him control you.

I'm christian, have tattoo's, and piercings. It doesn't make you a bad person at all. I go to church and love God, but hey I'm not perfect. God knows we're not perfect that's why we're humans. Jen breakups are rough, but we're resilient. We're stronger then we give ourselves credit for and never look at the true beauty staring back in a mirror. I was married for 7 years with my ex for 8. I was abused mentally and physically. In the end, I left because someone else with just words made me feel 1000x's more of woman then the man I was with for 8 years. I never cheated, just talked. My ex ended up sleeping with 4 other women before we divorced 5 months after our separation. Are we perfect? Nope. See, everyone has flaws. I regret the way I left, but I thank God I did because I am no longer under someones foot and living in this constant fear. I'm married to a wonderful man now and have our second baby coming in august. I feel blessed that through my trials I made it through and learned so much. Jen my story has a lot of hurt, loneliness, depression, and anxiety, but I am also a success. I graduated with my bachelors in business admin and I am now working on my master in teaching. I am a straight A student and proud of my accomplishments. I survived the heartache and the thoughts. So you can too! Keep your head up and remember those who spew garbage at you are miserable with their lives. Their release is to make you feel the same as they do.

You have a lot support here, from strangers you never met. We're sharing our stories with you and opening our hearts. Know you are not alone. We're all here for you.:hug2:

I agree with Mel and we are all here for you.

I'm only 19 so I don't have an awful relationship experience to say iknow the feeling and you should just move on type of thing... But I dd once have had a boyfriend which we were supposed to be best friends but he would tell me I'm fat and need to lose weight or I should giveup on photography because I'm not good at it... And those words hurt me a lot as I'm only 5"3 tall and only weighed 45kg at the time so I was far from being over weight but he affected my diet a lot and I got smaller but even after I broke up with him I was scared to leave him because he was what I thought was an honest best friend but then I met my current boyfriend now who showed me nobody should ever say things like that not even to a best friend...and my current boyfriend and I have now been together for 3 years and living with on another for 2 and it's been the best experience for me. You will find someone so much nicer :)

Jen - how are you doing this morning. Hope you have made some plans for today and today only. Get out in the sunshine if possible, go someplace you can people watch. Lots of us are really concerned about you, please take the offers to pm those not on facebook and facebook the others. Alot of your symptons are a result of depression, just make sure that you eat properly and get some exercise. Remember that each day will get easier, give your little animals lots and lots of attention. Is mom home soon?? Hugs

I only got 3 hours of sleep last night. I dont remember the last time i was this exhausted. I take medication 3 times a day and drowsiness is a side effect of 4 out of the 5 meds. I usually need at least 8 hours of sleep in order to function.
I only have one person that i can talk to on a regular basis. We've known each other since birth and have been friends for as long as i can remember. She lives in Colorado though so we can only talk on the phone. I have a few people that i talk to every once in awhile but i'm not close with them so it's just chatting about superficial things.
I have a hard time making friends because i'm really quiet and cynical. It's something that i work on but the people i come in contact with don't seem to have the patience. I get frustrated because i get told repeatedly by my "friends" that they are there for me but no one ever calls me or texts or anything. And when i express my frustration people tell me that its on me to reach out. So i do, and no one returns my calls. Its really discouraging and i spend alot of time wondering why.
I know that i'm depressed. Ive been diagnosed with OCD, Bipolar, Anxiety, and PTSD. I know there are things that i could be doing but i just dont have the energy. As far as eating goes, when i get stressed/depressed i have no apetite whatsoever. And i hate eating when im not hungry. I think it would be easier if i didnt have Celiac Disease, because since I do, I have to be very careful with what i eat and it takes a bit more preparation.
And yes, my mom will be home in 1 week.

Pretty common not to want to eat when you are depressed. Try a tablespoon of peanut butter or a protein shake, something that you can take with your celiac disease.Protein in general helps with depression and helps you to sleep. Make it your goal this week to each day text ONE of your friends. One only,if you make that a goal then it is not so overwhelming. Have to gotten hold of your doctor? Hang in there sweetie, things will get better, you just have to hang on until mom gets home. Have you been facebooking the people from the forum?

I actually just deactivated my facebook for the time being. Partially because of my boyfriend and partially because i'm so frustrated with my old "friends".
I'm just going to focus my attention on my pets and chatting with the people on this forum!

Rather than actual deactivate your facebook, you could defriend your old friends for awhile, that way you would still have access to those from here that want to facebook you. Who knows you may end up with a whole new set of friends. If not chatting with us on here is just fine!!!!

I just wanted to chime in and say you are a beautiful strong person and you can pull through it. You may think you are alone but you are NEVER alone.

I sent you a pm giving you a link to a support group. Plus you always have everyone here.

I have been through a similar situation. My ex husband started out being jealous of my horse to the point I was never allowed to be at the barn without him. Then it turned into him being jealous of my friends then my job and then he got me pregnant and we moved to another part of the country and I was isolated and he controlled every moment of my life. He made me believe I could not live without him and that no one would ever want me because I was to messed in the head.

It just got worse and worse and worse until the day he was ready to kill me and our 6 month old son.

Its now been 2 years since I have left him and I have the most amazing supportive man in my life who actually was my high school sweetheart. He loves me and loves my animals and supports me riding and my bunny and my dog. He loves me for being me and does not try to make me a person that I am not.

There is hope and there is help and you will always have wonderful "online friends" who will be here to listen to you and support you and let you rant vent and scream and we will never judge you. You obviously have a beautiful soul to have the animals you do and love them as much as you do.

Hang in there *hugs*

Hey,

I'm actually going through a really bad break up right now as well. He moved out two weeks ago to take a break and then he really started to change. Then this Saturday he broke up with me (on our three year anniversary).

I've had a lot of good advice and if you'd like to talk, feel free to message me.

I agree that this doesn't sound healthy and I think you know it isn't working, and I definitely learned that love is blind with my past relationship and that as soon as we finally broke up and cut contact... I've been SO MUCH happier and it's literally been ONE day.

Hi Jen :hug2:

You know sometimes when it comes to relationships we have to go through the bad to get to the good. Dealing with verbal abuse and healing from it is a long and tedious process and I agree with a member who wrote earlier in this topic that physical abuse heals easily but verbal lingers and dwells. I know it must be hard because you love him but by loving yourself first and getting yourself back to your happy place is worth more than the hurt he is putting you through. Seems like you have been through a lot, apart from this relationship as well, but always know that we here are here for you if you ever need to talk! There has been some GREAT advice for you, from what I've read, and I know it is always easier said than done but you will get through it I promise you. When you look back from the future you will be able to see how much strength you were able to gain for yourself. Just know you DO have the capability of healing your inner self from this stress and it'll get easier as each day passes. Message me if you would ever want to talk :)

Haven't posted in here before, because I have absolutely nothing to add that people haven't already said, far better than I could, but now I just wanted to let you know I'm here too, and I'm thinking about you. :hug2: I'm horribly shy, I don't make friends easily at all either, but it's always easier online. I think it was a good thing to deactivate your facebook, and just taking a further step back from it all. Maybe start a completely new one, and just add the real friends you know will completely understand? If you do, feel free to pm me and add me; I'd love a few more bunny-loving friends. :D

Oy. Im exhausted. I got 4 hours of sleep and I planned on doing absolutely nothing today. I was already restless by 9 this morning and even though i reeaally did not feel like getting ready, i did anyway. I ran a few errands and then relaxed for a bit. Ive been feeling bad for my dogs because i havent been doing much with them. Alot of days i dont even open the blinds so the house is dark alot. My chi-pom, Chico, is turning 9 and he is perfectly fine to relax on the recliner chewing on a bone all day. Maggie, on the other hand, is a crazy pug and she needs alot of activity. I decided to take them both for a walk. I had to take them separately because maggie hates chico. So chico and i went for a walk and then i came back for maggie and we went for a run. She and i were dead when we got back. We're both out of shape lol. I hate excercising but it was nice to see my dogs so happy. I sprained my ankle awhile back so the running was a bit rough for me but it wasnt too bad. I

Good to hear you got out of the house! Exercise can be good for you at a time like this. Especially with a sweet companion.

Keep strong. Lean on those sweet companions for support. They will help you through this.

Hope you have a good day today. Keep the faith.

K:)

Latest posts

Back