My Battle With Cancer Isn't Over

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBabyBunnies

Reaction score
After a year full of bad news, I was really hoping that today's appointment would bring great news. I was told if the tumor was under a certain size, I wouldn't require any further treatment.

Well my doctor today told me he is referring me to the Cross Cancer Institute because they found multiple tumors. The good news is that the tumors were all in my thyroid, and did not spread to my lymph nodes. The bad news is that because they found multiple tumors, they will be sending me for radiation to ensure all the thyroid is gone.

I was not expecting to hear this. I thought for sure it would be good news. Now I am facing more treatment and the prospect of isolation when I have treatments.

I'm starting to wonder if I will get any really good news in the few weeks left of this year...:tears2:

I'm so sorry Laura....

Iwatched my son Anthony battle cancer for a year,i know how stressful it is...he had NonHodgkins Lymphoma though.

I am fortunate, the type of cancer I have is very treatable. But none the less it is a lot to deal with and definitely not something I thought I would be dealing with at this point in my life.

Thank you everyone. I will make it through this but it's a lot to take in and I just need to vent a little.

I wont get in for a consultation for about 4 weeks.

Vent away. We're listening and really care about what you're saying.

We care about you.

Here's hoping the rad treatment will be simple, painless and effective. And the end of all this stress and worry.

sas :hug1

I hate to hear this! I hope everything goes well. I know that isolation during radiation is not fun, but in the end - your health is all that matters.

*hugs*

Thanks everyone. I'm doing really well with the news. The first few days were hard on me but I have just taken the attitude "come what may". I still am waiting to hear from the Cross Cancer so I don't even have an appointment yet...:waiting:

But it really does help knowing that I can come and vent here if I'm having a bad day.

Oh Laura, I'm so sorry to hear this. I haven't been around much to iomment before but I have tried to catch up with what's been happening to you.

This really has been an awful year for you - my heart goes out to you.:hug:

On a positive note, me niece went through exactly the same thing earlier this year, and she is doing really well now.

Keeping you in my thoughts - you can always pm me if you want to vent

Jan

I'm speechless, Laura! I had no idea you were going through such a thing.

Just found out my sister has a form of cancer, my cousin called last night to say she has a form of cancer and now you. What is going on in this world? It seems that all the people we need the most on this earth are getting these scares.

I'm certainly put you into my daily thoughts and prayers. They've been able to come so far with early diagnosis' and treatments that we must keep the faith. You're awfully brave and strong to be dealing with this at such a young age with the attitude you have.

My heart goes out to you, Tucker, Fauna and Cali send their love and kisses and we will be envisioning you 100% healthy, happy and cancer-free.

Much love,
C

So I had my RAI treatment yesterday, it was disgusting. Why can't they make things taste half ways decent?

And like always, I ended up showing the weird, unusual symptoms. So unusual that it's not even listed as a symptom but through google I did find a few other people that have had the same problem and no doctors seem to know why. I started going numb in my face and then my limbs. So I ended up in emergency last night, and had to drive 40 minutes to downtown because none of the other hospitals will even see a radioactive patient and NONE of the hospitals have protocol in place to deal with a patient like me, no one knew what to do. They ended up putting me in a little room with double doors and plastering radioactive warnings all over the door... my mom sat outside the door and said there were a lot of people walking by that were wondering what was going on, lol. I feel like a walking hazard, ha ha.

Today I am feeling better, the numbness is gone. And today is the first day I am off my diet and boy am I glad. I spent 9 days not being able to eat anything with salt, eggs, or milk in it and that is very tough.

Anyways I thought that I would give a little update, and lets hope that this is the end of the road for me. I never want to go through this again.

Thanks for posting the update. I'm glad you are able to enjoy some foods again (small comfort during your tremendous struggle).

Thanks guys, I am glad that this process is finally moving along. I wont know for another year whether I need more treatments butat least for a little while I am done with doctor appointments. I don't go back to the Cross Cancer Institute for 6 months now. Fingers crossed they tell me in a year that they never want to see me again and permanently discharge me!

Latest posts

Back