My Backyard Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had gotten a request on another thread for some treat recipes. I had already planned on sharing some treats and herb mixes on here in the future, but I figured why not go ahead and share them!

*Normally when I make treats and herb mixes I just throw stuff together, so these recipes are approximations.
*Remember to slowly introduce the herb mixes to your rabbit(s) to prevent digestive upset if your rabbit(s) have never had the herbs before

Bouncy Bunch Herb Mix-
½ Cup Dried Red Clover
½ Cup Dried Calendula
¼ Cup Dried Peppermint leaf
¼ Cup Dried Lavender
1 Tablespoon Raisins
  • Mix all ingredients until combined
  • Store in a Ziplock bag, or airtight container on the counter
Add to your rabbit’s hay or sprinkle around your rabbit's enclosure.

Calm Combo Herb Mix-
1/3 Cup Dried Lemongrass
½ Cup Dried Chamomile
¼ Cup Dried Basil Leaf
¼ Cup Dried Thyme Leaf
1 Tablespoon Raisins

Mini Wheels-
¼ Cup pellets (I use Small Pet Select)
¼ Cup hay dust
1 piece Romaine
¼ mashed banana
Water
2 Toilet Paper Roll cut into ½ inch circles (You can probably get 12)

Instructions:
  • Preheat oven to 350°
  • Add water to the pellets to make them moist
  • Put wet pellets, hay, banana, and romaine in a blender and puree
  • Add water until the batter is dough-like
  • Put paper rolls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
  • Fill paper rolls with batter until ¾ full
  • Bake for 20 minutes, flip and bake for another 10 minutes or until completely dry
  • Leave treats in the oven until the oven has completely cooled
Store treats in an airtight container in the fridge. Treats last up to 2 weeks.

Attachments

• Calm Combo.jpg
    Calm Combo.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Bouncy Bunch.jpg
    Bouncy Bunch.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 3
I had gotten a request on another thread for some treat recipes. I had already planned on sharing some treats and herb mixes on here in the future, but I figured why not go ahead and share them!

*Normally when I make treats and herb mixes I just throw stuff together, so these recipes are approximations.
*Remember to slowly introduce the herb mixes to your rabbit(s) to prevent digestive upset if your rabbit(s) have never had the herbs before

Bouncy Bunch Herb Mix-
½ Cup Dried Red Clover
½ Cup Dried Calendula
¼ Cup Dried Lavender
1 Tablespoon Raisins

Calm Combo Herb Mix-
1/3 Cup Dried Lemongrass
½ Cup Dried Chamomile
¼ Cup Dried Basil Leaf
¼ Cup Dried Thyme Leaf
1 Tablespoon Raisins

Mini Wheels-
¼ Cup hay dust
1 piece Romaine
¼ mashed banana
Water

Instructions:
  • Preheat oven to 350°
  • Bake for 20 minutes, flip and bake for another 10 minutes or until completely dry
Thank you so much for sharing these recipes! I can't wait to try, I'm sure all my bunny friends will love them ❣️

Also... such a creative idea to use hay dust!! I always just use finely ground pellets, but using hay dust would be way easier ;) Another random thing I wanted to share is that if you store homemade treats and a mason jar, they seem to last a little bit longer.

Bouncy Bunch Herb Mix-
½ Cup Dried Red Clover
½ Cup Dried Calendula
¼ Cup Dried Lavender
1 Tablespoon Raisins

Calm Combo Herb Mix-
1/3 Cup Dried Lemongrass
½ Cup Dried Chamomile
¼ Cup Dried Basil Leaf
¼ Cup Dried Thyme Leaf
1 Tablespoon Raisins

Mini Wheels-
¼ Cup hay dust
1 piece Romaine
¼ mashed banana
Water

Instructions:
  • Preheat oven to 350°
Great ideas! I now want to make rabbit treats!

I just read this whole thread 😂. Theo is so cute! How did the vet appt. go (if you’re went). Is Theo feeling all the way better now? I think you should definitely start a YouTube channel, I’d watch the videos, maybe make a video explaining the situation.
Yes! Start a YouTube channel!!!!

I just read this whole thread 😂. Theo is so cute! How did the vet appt. go (if you’re went). Is Theo feeling all the way better now? I think you should definitely start a YouTube channel, I’d watch the videos, maybe make a video explaining the situation.
Lol, thanks! The most recent vet appointment was so perfect and he came back with a clean bill of health.

Thanks to everyone who suggested that I should start a channel, I have decided that I'm going to wait for now because I am so busy with school and don't have much free time. Maybe in the next year I can?

Hello! Merry Christmas!
I decorated the shed recently and got lots of pictures of it today while Theo enjoyed the new toys he got for Christmas. I used paper snowflakes and a paper chain and Theo decided to eat several snowflakes and chew the paper chain, of course.
I took so many pictures of him because he was just so cute and happy! He did not like wearing the Santa hat so I let his new stuffed friend wear it when he was trying to sleep. The only reason he allowed me to take pictures of him around the gifts was with plenty of bribing with cilantro. He kept walking on his hind legs to get the cilantro and I got so many funny looking pictures!

He really loved the Bunnies that Lunch box (I added tissue paper to make it more fun) and kept jumping inside the box to get to the toys. I gave him a slinky and he was so confused. He got his head stuck in it, lol (I helped him out so he wouldn't get hurt).

Attachments

• Christmas Decor(6).jpg
    Christmas Decor(6).jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Christmas Presents(2).jpg
    Christmas Presents(2).jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 2020-12-25 (50).jpg
    2020-12-25 (50).jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 2020-12-25 (44).jpg
    2020-12-25 (44).jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 2020-12-25 (20).jpg
    2020-12-25 (20).jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 2020-12-25 (16).jpg
    2020-12-25 (16).jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 2020-12-25 (7).jpg
    2020-12-25 (7).jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 2020-12-25 (36).jpg
    2020-12-25 (36).jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 13
Hello! Merry Christmas!
I decorated the shed recently and got lots of pictures of it today while Theo enjoyed the new toys he got for Christmas. I used paper snowflakes and a paper chain and Theo decided to eat several snowflakes and chew the paper chain, of course.
I took so many pictures of him because he was just so cute and happy! He did not like wearing the Santa hat so I let his new stuffed friend wear it when he was trying to sleep. The only reason he allowed me to take pictures of him around the gifts was with plenty of bribing with cilantro. He kept walking on his hind legs to get the cilantro and I got so many funny looking pictures!

He really loved the Bunnies that Lunch box (I added tissue paper to make it more fun) and kept jumping inside the box to get to the toys. I gave him a slinky and he was so confused. He got his head stuck in it, lol (I helped him out so he wouldn't get hurt).
That is awesome! It looks great!

I just got finished reading through this whole thread. Theo is so cute! I definitely think you should start a YouTube channel. I can't wait for the next update!
I'm honestly shocked you read that whole thing, you must have been really bored 😂
Thank you! I think he is absolutely adorable! The next update will come soon!

Hello! I’ve been the worst member lately, but I have been so busy! This week is midterms so I have been studying all day long. We also just got a German Shephard puppy so when I’m not studying I’m playing with him.
Theo, unfortunately, has not been getting much attention and I can tell he is sad. As soon as midterms are over I’m going to spend lots of time with him. When I have gotten him out, Theo has been super cuddly and keeps trying to climb into my lap, which he has never done before. He also follows me around and I won’t know he is there and so I accidentally knock him over. Thank goodness he is always ok, but it is really scary! He doesn’t want to play much anymore, he just wants cuddles. It is really really cute, but also hard when I need my hands for school and he is demanding nose rubs.

We have had a problem recently, and I’m hoping yall might have some answers? I got Theo an Outdoor Heating Mat for Christmas and I bought a cord protector so he wouldn’t chew the cord. I made sure that the protector was very nice and snug, and that most of the cord was out of the playpen so he couldn’t get to it (he could only get to about 2 inches of the cord protector). I put the heating mat in his pen a couple of days ago but didn’t turn it on just to make sure he wouldn’t chew the cord protector. I don’t know what his issue is, but he chewed through the protector! I removed the mat as soon as I noticed, and thankfully he didn’t get to the actual cord, but it was so close! Please tell me yall have some ideas for stronger cord protectors? I attached a picture of where he chewed it and how it was set up in his pen.

Attachments

• 1611248175150.png
    1611248175150.png
    500.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 1611248193702.png
    1611248193702.png
    468.7 KB · Views: 4
I just finished my midterms and I feel like so much weight has just been lifted off my shoulders! I can finally have time for Theo.

@Apollo’s Slave, I seriously just took this picture of Cash (our german shepherd puppy). He was in a crazy mood and was running around our living room (my mom used to be so against indoor animals, but when we got Cash she decided it was okay for him and our older dog to come inside). I told him to sit and he stayed seated until I told him to go! I don't know why he is so obedient 😍

Attachments

• 1611356229923.png
    1611356229923.png
    535.8 KB · Views: 3
I hope that since your parents let the dogs come inside that they’ll warm up to letting Theo come inside. Also I have no idea how I haven’t noticed this thread yet but I noticed it and read through it all lol. It was actually really interesting and I really liked it.

Latest posts

Back