My Backyard Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So cute! My rabbit is seeming to prefer anything bit humans right now. She will do anything to get me away.

My rabbit is seeming to prefer anything bit humans right now. She will do anything to get me away.
Give her time, she will come around. I know she is probably pregnant so just imagine her hormones right now! If you have ever been around a pregnant person or a person on their period, you probably understand. Hormones are super annoying and can make you respond stupidly. After she has these adorable babies she will be back to loving you! ;)

Hello! Time for another update weather y'all want it or not! 😂 Sorry this one is so long 🤦‍♀️

Tennessee is opening back up and I am so HAPPY! Monday night we went to eat out and it was weird. All the dishes were throw away, nothing that would have to be washed. I was upset because they didn't have limes and lemons which I always add to my food to give it more flavor. The food was so good though! We used to eat at this restaurant every week so not eating there for 3 months made me want it so bad!

Theo was in a bad mood today. I'm not surprised though because it was rainy, and I made him skip his midday nap. We normally have playtime from 8 AM to 11 AM, and then he sleeps from 11 AM-6 PM. He gets more playtime from 7 PM-9 PM. Today I made him skip his nap at 11 AM and made him play. He was not happy at all.

Do any of y'all mock your rabbits? When Theo gets in a bad mood he just sits there with his ears flat back all grumpy. I will make a pouty face at him and mope around to bother him. If I touch something of his he will lunge at my hand (this is only when he is in a bad mood). I will lightly shove my hand into his face as payback. When I shove my hand at his face it makes him happy and he begs for nose rubs.

I stole the scrunchie idea @Peneloppythebun used in one of her pictures, on Theo, but I changed it up a little. We were going for the French Artist look, but he just wanted nose rubs and to sleep. We also worked on bonding with the tunnel. He still does not love it but is excepting it. His favorite thing is to jump over it, not run through it. He is a HUGE jumper, I need to get a picture of him jumping.

He has been super cuddly recently and giving me lots of kisses. I LOVE it!

Also, we have a bird nesting in our shed. I saw 5 bird eggs in the nest last week, and now they have hatched. I love watching the mama and daddy birds feeding the babies and hearing the babies chirp. The babies are so cute, I just can't figure out how to get a picture because I can't get to close or the mom will kill me.

And, this is my 1,500 message! Yay! I remember when I had 100 messages and thought that was a lot. Who knew I would love y'all so much!

Attachments

• 1588186222612.png
    1588186222612.png
    482.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 1588186235855.png
    1588186235855.png
    494.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 1588186252710.png
    1588186252710.png
    442.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 1588186266033.png
    1588186266033.png
    478.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 1588186331952.png
    1588186331952.png
    333 KB · Views: 7
  • 1588186486691.png
    1588186486691.png
    383.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 1588186659322.png
    1588186659322.png
    531.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I know he is outside, and I have been working on bringing him inside, but since my parents are against indoor animals it makes bringing him inside a huge challenge. I have already rabbit-proofed my room and have everything for him to come inside, but my parents won't allow it. They think that since he has been outside for his whole life why does he suddenly need to move inside. If I am able to convince my parents, and he is able to move inside he won't have a cage, he would just have a home base (see picture). Theo has a water bottle and two bowls, but he only uses the bowls. I have 2 bowls because I figured he was getting dehydrated and wanted him to be able to get to water quickly. Any tips on how to convince my parents are appreciated! I want him to come inside so bad because I know it is best for him.

Dear parents, my name is Cayris and I have had rabbits for about 3 years now. Right now I have one rabbit named Coco and she lives free roamed in my bedroom. Domestic rabbits are not conditioned to live outside like wild rabbits. They have been bred to be dependent on humans to feed them and give them shelter. Outside, rabbits are very prone to parasites and disease. Inside, they get all the heat and affection they need. Rabbits are somewhat like dogs. They need very much affection and care and they love to be around their owners. When a rabbit lives outside, it is very distant from the family. Moving Coco to my bedroom was the best decision ever. Rabbits have no odor and make less of a mess than me! Also, a big bonus is they make your child clean their room. It might sound silly, but if anything gets left on the floor, like a pair of pants, it will be chewed. Please please please consider letting your child bring the bunny inside. It will really help his health and happiness.

Stay safe

Cayris and Coco

What is Theo’s hutch situation like? My mom won’t let our two inside, but my two rabbits seem set on escaping. (Max, or Monster, is in solitary confinement until I figure out how he’s escaping this time)

Hello! Time for another update weather y'all want it or not! 😂 Sorry this one is so long 🤦‍♀️

Tennessee is opening back up and I am so HAPPY! Monday night we went to eat out and it was weird. All the dishes were throw away, nothing that would have to be washed. I was upset because they didn't have limes and lemons which I always add to my food to give it more flavor. The food was so good though! We used to eat at this restaurant every week so not eating there for 3 months made me want it so bad!

Theo was in a bad mood today. I'm not surprised though because it was rainy, and I made him skip his midday nap. We normally have playtime from 8 AM to 11 AM, and then he sleeps from 11 AM-6 PM. He gets more playtime from 7 PM-9 PM. Today I made him skip his nap at 11 AM and made him play. He was not happy at all.

Do any of y'all mock your rabbits? When Theo gets in a bad mood he just sits there with his ears flat back all grumpy. I will make a pouty face at him and mope around to bother him. If I touch something of his he will lunge at my hand (this is only when he is in a bad mood). I will lightly shove my hand into his face as payback. When I shove my hand at his face it makes him happy and he begs for nose rubs.

I stole the scrunchie idea @Peneloppythebun used in one of her pictures, on Theo, but I changed it up a little. We were going for the French Artist look, but he just wanted nose rubs and to sleep. We also worked on bonding with the tunnel. He still does not love it but is excepting it. His favorite thing is to jump over it, not run through it. He is a HUGE jumper, I need to get a picture of him jumping.

He has been super cuddly recently and giving me lots of kisses. I LOVE it!

Also, we have a bird nesting in our shed. I saw 5 bird eggs in the nest last week, and now they have hatched. I love watching the mama and daddy birds feeding the babies and hearing the babies chirp. The babies are so cute, I just can't figure out how to get a picture because I can't get to close or the mom will kill me.

And, this is my 1,500 message! Yay! I remember when I had 100 messages and thought that was a lot. Who knew I would love y'all so much!
I love Theo. 🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰🥰

What is Theo’s hutch situation like? My mom won’t let our two inside, but my two rabbits seem set on escaping. (Max, or Monster, is in solitary confinement until I figure out how he’s escaping this time)
Sorry, I didn't see this! I seriously just changed Theo's playpen around, but when you asked the question Theo had a small hutch attached to a playpen in our shed (see the first picture: it was before I had added his toys, food, etc). There was netting over the playpen to keep him from jumping out. I liked it because it gave him some room, but it was hard to clean, and I really wanted to give him more room. What do your hutches/cages look like?

I have now changed Theo's hutch/playpen to just the playpen (second picture), but it is up against the wall so he has way more room. I threw out the hutch because I didn't want to sell it to someone who would house their rabbit in just the little hutch. Theo loves the playpen so much! He got a new water bowl, new toys, a new litter box, and he got an emoji pillow which he loves! I haven't gotten him new puzzle mats yet because he loves the cool concrete in the summer. Is there anything I should add?

Attachments

• 2019-12-27.jpg
    2019-12-27.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 1591708950558.png
    1591708950558.png
    765.1 KB · Views: 11
Apollo’s dewlap just feels like skin too. So it’s probably that Theo got a little overweight but lost it. Apollo’s going through shed/moult now too. I’ve never seen anything like it! I just keep plucking and plucking and more keep coming off! Definitely let me know how that brush works! Apollo is about 5lb too, which in England I think is a Rex ‘Standard’.
i have a mini rex too and she has been moulting for the past three months and won't stop o.o

i have a mini rex too and she has been moulting for the past three months and won't stop o.o
Theo is molting like crazy right now too! Fur is all over the shed! I have been using the brush we were talking about every day and it works so well! After I brush him, I spray my hands with a spray bottle and rub him. It removes the rest of the loose fur.

Oh yeah! Forgot about this thread 😳

Theo is still shedding so much! The other day I moved him and his playpen outside just so I could brush him without the fur blowing all over the shed. He has been acting a little sickly, but he always acts that way during a molt.
In the shed, I removed the signs that were blocking the un-rabbit proofed part (because now it is rabbit proofed) and he LOVES exploring! That is all he does during playtime now! He really likes hiding under the rakes, and wheelbarrow, but it makes putting him up way harder.

Sorry, I have not been an active member the past couple of days. I was hosting a Girls' Country Camp at my house with my friend. The camp went really well, but it was very tiring. We had 19 4-7 year olds, and there were 2 of us working. I am also exhausted because Friday night I had a sleepover with a group of friends and we went to sleep at 5 AM and then woke up at 8 AM, so I hardly got sleep.

Attachments

• 2020-06-11 (2).jpeg
    2020-06-11 (2).jpeg
    60 KB · Views: 6
  • 2020-06-11 (1).jpeg
    2020-06-11 (1).jpeg
    50.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 2020-06-11 (5).jpeg
    2020-06-11 (5).jpeg
    62.4 KB · Views: 6
Oh yeah! Forgot about this thread 😳

Theo is still shedding so much! The other day I moved him and his playpen outside just so I could brush him without the fur blowing all over the shed. He has been acting a little sickly, but he always acts that way during a molt.
In the shed, I removed the signs that were blocking the un-rabbit proofed part (because now it is rabbit proofed) and he LOVES exploring! That is all he does during playtime now! He really likes hiding under the rakes, and wheelbarrow, but it makes putting him up way harder.

Sorry, I have not been an active member the past couple of days. I was hosting a Girls' Country Camp at my house with my friend. The camp went really well, but it was very tiring. We had 19 4-7 year olds, and there were 2 of us working. I am also exhausted because Friday night I had a sleepover with a group of friends and we went to sleep at 5 AM and then woke up at 8 AM, so I hardly got sleep.
Theo is soooo cute! 🥰 Such good pictures! 😃

Hello! Sorry I haven't been on this forum for so long! School just started and I haven't had much free time and also summer was really busy.

Anyway, while Theo and I were busy, Theo had a birthday (July 7th-The picture of him with his cake was on his birthday) and so did I (August 18th).

I'm really debating about starting a YouTube channel and I wanted to know what y'all think. I'm mostly just afraid that people will be rude since I have an outdoor rabbit. They will probably also be rude since he is alone outside, even though I spend so much time out there with him.
I really do wish that I could move Theo inside, but my parents won't budge on the "No indoor animal" rule. They also won't allow me to get another rabbit because they think that rabbits are ok outside alone. I have talked to them about this and they say, "If we had known we would have needed to get you 2 rabbits, we never would have gotten you the first." I'm hoping that eventually, I can convince them to let me get another bunny, but I'm not sure when that will be.

Since Theo is outside, I have been trying some hacks to keep him cool so he doesn't overheat. He really hates frozen water bottles, so I have put some tiles in the freezer and he really loves those! What else should I try?

Theo and I have really missed y'all! Here are some cute pictures of Theo to apologize for leaving you 😢

BTW- I didn't allow Theo to eat all of the cake because I knew it would make him sick. I have saved it for another celebration.

Attachments

• 2020-07-11.jpg
    2020-07-11.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20200721_194025.jpg
    IMG_20200721_194025.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 12
I'm really debating about starting a YouTube channel and I wanted to know what y'all think. I'm mostly just afraid that people will be rude since I have an outdoor rabbit. They will probably also be rude since he is alone outside, even though I spend so much time out there with him.

Happy birthday to you two. As for the YT channel, if you want to do that, do it. Pretty much in life, with a lot of things people will have different thoughts and bash people that don't abide by their thoughts. Nor would they care that you take way better care of outdoor Theo than many people with do with indoor rabbits. If you have tough skin or the ability to ignore the jerks, YT away.

Hello - I hope you both had nice birthdays! You have been missed! I love the pictures - Theo's cake is BEAUTIFUL! How did you make that cake?? Do you have any kind of recipe? I would love to try to make one like that sometime. I think a YouTube channel would be great. It would be perfect for me. I would definitely watch your videos Theo is so cute!

-BunBun71

Latest posts

Back