My Backyard Bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi, I've been trying to have babies buns for a while now but no luck I've tried about 5-6 time and no babies any advice?

A pet supply store kept telling me about strays being seen in the nearby woods. It was unlikely I could take hours to retrieve them all given the 3 abandoned adults in our home just gave birth to 16 babies. The 2 Females hub captured were dumped outside, unspayed. We had our hands full managing more than 31 rabbits temporarily with fosters, family residents, and newly captured.

Hubby and I knew darn well that strays dumped in a woods would be killed by predators.

Also around 2010, 2013, stray gray/white and gray/black and mixed looks of dutch variety kept being surrendered to the local shelters. YIKES. -- In 2015 I withdrew 3 dutch mutts from a local old-tech farm where the human couple gave them away as "birthday presents" to litte humans. That was all we could accept. The 4-5 mo. old girl came in with coccidiosis, and the blk/white boy was getting bitten by his unneutered hutch male. I took the boy with the bite wounds, and the two youngens the old-tech property owner said were both boys. Nope. DVM confirmed I had a boy and a girl. She said I took them just in time before teenage girl would've become pregnant by her brother. She got meds for coccidiosis.

Latest posts

Back