My Baby Has A Backache :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipp

Reaction score
Pipp slipped off my chair. I feelhorribly guilty because I nudged her after shegrabbed mymouse and threw it on the floor.Normally shejumpsfrom the chair to the futon when I do that, this timeshe slipped off the chair onto the floor.She didn'tseem to land very hard, but it was in an unusual position.

She sat very still for a bit, then took about three hops, and hunkereddown where she was. I rattled the oat bag, and she didn'tmove (whichnormally for her means she'sdead).Okay, well she moved a little. Shestarted to hop towards me, then stopped and hunkered downagain. When I went to pick her up, she hoppedslowly under the dresser -- her 'I don't feel well' spot.

I carefully picked her up and put her on the bed. I couldn'tfind any one spot on her back or her legs that seemed to botherher. She licked me as usual. But sheobviously couldn't get comfortable -- she'd stretch out and then situp, and she'd have this weird arch thing (that looked like it was oddlyjust the rightside of her back, but I could bewrong). She's able to groom herself, I just saw her scratchher ear with her left back leg, so I don't think it's tooserious, but she still doesn't seemcomfortable.

I tried putting her in her carrier on the bed to restrict hermovements, but she got stressed and started yarding on the bars so hardshegot the door open and jumped off the bed while I wasgetting her some water. I put her back, but she was doing itagain, which certainly wasn't resting her spine or ribs or whatever itmay be, so I let her out.

Has anybody else had this happen?

sas :(

You could try baby aspirin based on her weightunless you think she might need Metacam from the vet. Freddierabbit twisted her self once and was sore for a day or 2. Thevet gave her Metacam for a week and I kept her confined. Shewas fine by day 3. You might want to restrict her activityfor a day.

Yikes, I forgot I had Medicam leftover from hermolar spurs, thanks for the reminder. :) If shereally seems to need it I'll give her that. (Although ittakes a day to work and could be hard on her kidneys). Noaspirin around, I don't think. Must put that on mylist. She's resting beside the carrier at the moment, stillnot sure if putting her inside will make her more active instead ofless active. :ponder:We'll play that one by ear (orby back).

:thanks:again!

sas :)pipp :( (who can't do her bunny wiggle), dill:brownbunny, radar and darry:bunny24:bunny24and sherry :bunny2the FOSTERbun

Poor girl.:( Could you give hersomething warm to snuggle with? It would help her back feelbetter and it might encourage her to stay in one spot.

Jan, you're always so sweet for asking! :hug:

She been jumping on and off the bed (although not as much asusual). She was back to her usualroutinethis morning of waiting for me to open a bleary eye and look at her,and then launching into a grooming session (I'm very clean,now).

And she's beenback todigging at the blanket on mylap -- her usual game -- albeitnot with her usualgusto.

She's eating (slowly but surely) and drinking, so I didn't go for theMedicam (in case she haskidney issues), and the carrierstressed her out way too much (the last few times she's been in it ledto vet torture), so I have to trust her good judgement on movement.

It's surprising how delicate they can be. When I first gother, I had a dinner plate sitting on the bed, she grabbed it and liftedit over her head (even though it weighed more than she did), and theweight of the thing caused her to flip over backwards -- plate still inmouth -- right off the edge of the bed onto the floor. It wasscary! (But hilarious, once I realized she wasokay). After that I thought they bounced like cats and couldhandle it. But after reading other stories, I realized howlucky she was.

And now here's further proof! They don't land on their feet!

sas :), pipp :bunny19, dill :bunnyheart, darry & radar:toastingbunsand sherry :bunny24 (who's bonding withdill:cry1 )

Pipp wrote:
And now here's further proof! They don't land on their feet!
Pebbles was on our bed, and she binkiedright over the edge. Lucky she fell on the pillow that I left on the floor, but she was mad. You could tell by the way she was thumping at me, "Why didn't you catch me?" :pssd

Rainbows :D

Pet_Bunny wrote:
Pebbles was on our bed, and she binkiedright over the edge. Lucky she fell on the pillow that I left on the floor, but she was mad. You could tell by the way she was thumping at me, "Why didn't you catch me?" :pssd

Rainbows :D
You mean Pebbles actually does get mad :shock:;)???

Sounds like Pipp is doing fine (thank goodness)! You forgetjust how fragile they are, especially when they turn into a fighting ball of teeth, claws and fur during nail clipping !!!

Jan

That sounds exactly like what happened to Flopsy. Take him to the vet, I didn't think Flopsy was in much dangere thier but :( hes not with us any longer becuase of my error.A couple weeks later Flopsy dragged one leg every time I first saw him in the morning, just for a secound, but then he seemed normal again. Hedid that everyday. I didn't think anything was wronge until his spinal injury messed up his face like a stroke. :( :( I wish I only would have know sooner. Maybe the meds could have saved him:(. Please if you think something could be wronge take him to see his vet. It could get worse and Flospy went through so much pain in the end. Thank you and good luck with him.:heart:

-Ashley & (Flopsy my furbaby waiting at the rainbow bridge)& Fluffy

OMG!!! I don't know how I missed this one!!!

Poor little Pipp!! Maybe she was just scared more that anything :shock:.

How's she doing today??

~Jim

Hey Jim!!

Pipp's fine, she's recovering nicely, back up to speed.

But how is YOUR back? I keep thinking about it,butI'm insanely busy at the moment, haven't had a chance to ask.

Hope you're operation was a total success and you'll be back spending hours at the computer very soon! We miss you!!

(And Pipp needs somebody she can relate to!)

sas :), pipp :bunnydance:,dill:brownbunny, radarand darry:toastingbunsand sherry :bunny24

I'm glad to hear that Pipp is ok.

I'm doing ok, considering. Thanks for asking! I'm just over 6 weeks since surgery. I still have good days and bad days. Eventually the goodwill outweigh the bad. I go for walks on my good days...sometimes I go for over a mile.I've even been able to drive short distances during the past couple of weeks...hardest part is getting in&out of the car. On bad days I have trouble just getting around the house.

~Jim

Latest posts

Back